Quantcast Aladdin Show in DCA - Help please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aladdin Show in DCA - Help please

I will be going with my family to DCA for the first time in over a decade and I need some help.

I loved the Aladdin show in the Hyperion Theater and we will definitely be seeing it again.

I remember that there are basically three levels of seating - ground level, lower balcony and upper balcony.

Because of the effects in the show, I really want my family to sit in the front of the lower balcony - and I know where we line up outside determines which level we will sit in.

Can someone explain in detail where we need to line up outside so that we will be in the lower balcony when we are seated?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember what the line is called but the last time I went to the show (in December) all of the stuff up in the air had been taken out. Last year they had some sort of issue with the flying carpet and rather than fixing the issue they just took it out of the show. They took something out with the Jafar genei at the end, too, but I couldn't remember what the original was like enough to remember what it was. Hopefully someone that has been there more recently can let you know if it's been fixed or not.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Between the Hyperion Theater and the Hollywood Tower Hotel you will find the queues for the Aladdin Show. There will be three separate lines to choose from. The one you are looking for is the Mezzanine. The lines are clearly marked, each having their own entrance. There should also be Cast Members in the area to help you should you have any questions.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

For Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular, the general rule is that the closer you want to the stage, the earlier you show up. The later you show up, the higher your seat will be. I sat in the middle/back end of the Orchestra section (very bottom section, closest to the stage) and found the view to be great. You can see the actor's expressions and everything a lot more clearly and it isn't too close for comfort either. I thought it was perfect.

When I viewed this show at DCA last August and October (2011) and the carpet was not working. The "A Whole New World" sequence of the show was done completely on the stage, stationary carpet. I do remember the Jafar genie working correctly though, might've just been a glitch on your showing?

Essentially what happened during the showing last year -- was the carpet malfunctioned and tilted to far foreword, therefore flipping the actors on the carpet upside down, where they were left hanging on their safety harnesses for a good while. The show was stopped and people were evacuated from the auditorium.

Does anybody know if the carpet is back up and in flight? That was one of the best elements of the show. It would be a shame for it to not come back. It was just so breathtaking...
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, the flying carpet was the part I remembered most.

I am hoping that it will be there again, but I'm betting that it's gone for good. What a disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know the carpet is still grounded.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

You can expect the carpet to be grounded for a long time, possibly permanently. OSHA is very strict in CA in regards to worker safety, and their "investigations" can last a LOOONG time. Until Disney comes up with a new rig that can pass OSHA criteria after what happened, there will be no flying carpet at Aladdin.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: