Quantcast Vinylmation ??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Vinylmation ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vinylmation ??

Does anyone collect them? And if you do how many do you have? Which one is your favorite too?? I just got my first two. Miami Dolphins & Miami Heat. I was wondering if this is something to jump on and collect. Are they going to be worth a lot later on?
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you want to "collect em all" you'll have to be filthy rich to do so. There are thousands of Vinylmations...

I don't think they will really be worth much in the future, as they are mass produced and there isn't really a shortage of them now. Sure, there are some that are more valuable than others, but overall, not something you should collect as an investment.

It's a fun thing to get the ones that reflect you personally, your interests, or the stuff you have going on in your life. Beyond that, though, it becomes overwhelming.

DH has gotten a few of the Star Wars ones. I've gotten a couple park specific ones. We just bought one on the Disney Cruise we went on (The Aquaduck Vinylmation) to commemorate the trip. That's the extent of it for us. If we see one we are particularly drawn to, we get it. We have maybe 15 of them.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY someone to talk Vinyls with!!! I LOVE them!! We started collecting them two trips ago and have probably 50ish? We put them in random places throughout the house, like we have the tea kettle one and he is by our hot tea in the pantry. My personal favorite is the Cutesters Owl, I am kinda a owl/bird obsessed girl anyways and we hunted that specific one for that reason for two trips everywhere we went we would look and try to trade for him hes a great memory for me, I think Mom's favorite is the Cactus urban one, their side of the house is all done in western so he worked into her decor. I absolutely love them!! They are small so you can put them in cute obscure places and they are all so different!! My bathroom is decorated in Halloween so all the spooky Haunted Mansion or Halloween holiday ones we get go into my bathroom on the medicine cabnet ledge or anything. They have really become my favorite souvenier from the parks, I usually get a new hoodie almost every trip and those are about it now lol
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

They grew on my eventually, but I was really creeped out by them the first time I saw them. I don't know why. haha

Post Thanks / Like

i felt the same way (creeped out). I've only got 2--afraid to start a real collection. I will probably get a few next week at the parks, but nothing overboard. They are fun, but i think they would be much tougher to trade, etc..unlike the pins that store flat or you can wear around your neck.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter used to be big into these. She has the entire Toy Story set, and only lacks one or two of the original Cutesters and Cutesters Beach.

Her frustration with black box trading is what has pretty much derailed her enthusiasm for Vinylmation now. I think Disney shoots themselves in the foot by doing this. If I could see the Vinylmation (like a pin board or lanyard, etc) I could find what I needed quicker and then would need to buy a new one sooner.

As it is, she's carried the same trader that she paid for a LONG time ago and hasn't needed to replace since.

I know there's the 3 in the clear box, but that aint' the same as the HUGE black box! Sometimes you come across a GREAT CM who gets it and either lets you peek or asks what you're hunting for and then "gently guides" you the right direction. DD had a CM say to her "you know how many times I have tried to find that vinylmation? FOURTEEN! FOURTEEN times. Yep, FOURTEEN!'

INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have 20 of the 3 in and 2 of the 9 in (disney was having a sale) of all mine my favs would have to be the firt 2 i ever got (clu from tron and the japanese flags
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I will become a collector any time soon. I was just wondering, because I saw a woman in an outlet store buy over $250. Worth, she bought two or three huge boxes. So I was thinking maybe one day they will be worth more. I do on the other hand love the new Mickey ear Christmas ornaments. That's something I might have to invest in. Although at $20 a pop I might have to wait and do this one slowly. Who ever thought of doing them to all the themes? Thank you they are awesome.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    My daughter used to be big into these. She has the entire Toy Story set, and only lacks one or two of the original Cutesters and Cutesters Beach.

Her frustration with black box trading is what has pretty much derailed her enthusiasm for Vinylmation now. I think Disney shoots themselves in the foot by doing this. If I could see the Vinylmation (like a pin board or lanyard, etc) I could find what I needed quicker and then would need to buy a new one sooner.

As it is, she's carried the same trader that she paid for a LONG time ago and hasn't needed to replace since.

I know there's the 3 in the clear box, but that aint' the same as the HUGE black box! Sometimes you come across a GREAT CM who gets it and either lets you peek or asks what you're hunting for and then "gently guides" you the right direction. DD had a CM say to her "you know how many times I have tried to find that vinylmation? FOURTEEN! FOURTEEN times. Yep, FOURTEEN!'

The black box is kind of the whole point of them I think. The packaging and all aspects are based on a mostly Japanese style of collecting things in a random distribution, its the entire reason we do them, is for the random trade box aspect, we hunted the Cutester Owl for 2 trips, it wouldn't have been nearly as fun if we had been given him by the first CM that saw him when we mentioned he is who we wanted, instead we got to meet lots of different people and see all different vinyls we might not have seen otherwise. I guess it is a specific target audience but I adore them for the random/mystery aspect.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

black box and blind box trading is what drew me to it too... I collect toys and figures from Japan and to me its not about getting the one i want right away its getting the doubles (and the chaser). With the doubles I have a reason to talk to people and make new friends. When i was down last year i got to talk to people that like this too and was able to get a couple really neat peices (sweetums and rex) all because i had something they were interested in too
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: