Quantcast Episode 39 - The Ladies Love Cetera - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    1st star to the right and straight on till morning
    Post Thanks / Like

Showed my wife the photos of the rooms and she couldn't believe how bad they were either.

Also, you don't have to say what date you're recording as long as John can keep to the posting schedule he's been doing. Over the summer it just seemed like there was a long delay between when you met and when John posted the podcast. At least that's the impression I got from the news items you were discussing. Plus, you could just put the date in the notes and that'd be fine too!

And I predict that discussion about including the date of the podcast will get 5 minutes of discussion on podcast 41, since it sounds like you've already recorded another.
    Mark M :-)
    May 1979 - Honeymoon
    Jan 1993 - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins...
    Jun 2001 - Me, Wife, Kids
    "My one wish, is that in 100 years there'll be a child, hiding under their covers with a flashlight, reading a copy of the Martian Chronicles, on the Red Planet" - Ray Bradbury, 8/22/1920 - 6/6/2012.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjm View Post
    And I predict that discussion about including the date of the podcast will get 5 minutes of discussion on podcast 41, since it sounds like you've already recorded another.
    LOL! It's been a fun topic Mark. Plus, I like to razz John about it. Actually, I think we maybe discussed it one time, and that allowed Gary to get in his time and temp update. hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    . Actually, I think we maybe discussed it one time, and that allowed Gary to get in his time and temp update. hehe
    We did.

Although, Ms. Tick Tock was obviously vacationing in Bermuda with balmy temps.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    We did.

Although, Ms. Tick Tock was obviously vacationing in Bermuda with balmy temps.
    We may have to fire her.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    We may have to fire her.
    She seems to be unreliable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for using my suggestion and for mentioning me!!

I actually suggested this topic because I dont eat much breakfast at Disney. When I do it's usually Mickey waffles at the resort quick serve or a bakery item at Main Street bakery. So, my favorite would have to be Mickey waffles (from anywhere) with sausage because I like sausage better then bacon *gasp!*

I've heard that Boma has a good breakfast, but it didn't make the list. It's still on my wish list of things to try.

That could be a Best Of: Best of Disney wish list items. (i.e. tours you haven't done but would like to. Restaurants you havent ate at but would like to.)

Gary, I swear I have traveled to Disney before and the roads were blocked off because of a bike race.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Gary, I swear I have traveled to Disney before and the roads were blocked off because of a bike race.
    There's never been one I've heard of and I've looked. It's possible they may have a charity event like a Tour de Cure that's located on property thought.

WDW property is one of those places we cyclists try to warn other cyclists about. It's not for bikes with no shoulder, busy roads, buses, tourists who don't know where they are going making sudden lane changes. We always send them to local bike clubs to keep them off those roads on their vacations.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

didn't Disney host an annual tri-anthalon (sp?). I could of sworn I read that somewhere before you weren't allowed to swim in the lake...

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    didn't Disney host an annual tri-anthalon (sp?). I could of sworn I read that somewhere before you weren't allowed to swim in the lake...

~Amanda
    In general, you're not. They will allow it in certain circumstances where the risk isn't as great, and you're still proceeding at your own caution.

The reasoning for the ban is that there's an amoeba in standing water, mostly a danger in warm states, that can be splashed into your brain, causing death. The risk is greater when the water is stirred up from the bottom and heavy splashing occurs. I think in a triathlon situation, the swimmers are on the surface, not diving down, so it is allowed. But for the general guest population, you can't control how guests decide to swim if you allow swimming at all, thus the ban. Which is actually state of FL controlled and not just a Disney thing, from what I've heard.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    In general, you're not. They will allow it in certain circumstances where the risk isn't as great, and you're still proceeding at your own caution.

The reasoning for the ban is that there's an amoeba in standing water, mostly a danger in warm states, that can be splashed into your brain, causing death. The risk is greater when the water is stirred up from the bottom and heavy splashing occurs. I think in a triathlon situation, the swimmers are on the surface, not diving down, so it is allowed. But for the general guest population, you can't control how guests decide to swim if you allow swimming at all, thus the ban. Which is actually state of FL controlled and not just a Disney thing, from what I've heard.
    I generally find brain eating amoebas a vacation killer and/or perfect vehicle for a new species.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have bad taste

A different take on Lion King.....

We're staying in the AoA Family Suite for the ICOT 15 meet. We are HUGE Lion King fans.

I love the Animal Kingdom theme and there is even some Lion King items when you stay at AKL.

I think what they were going for was the "Just Can't Wait to be King" song with the vibrant colors.

Note I would *NOT* put these items in my home.

I understand its not for everyone but I'll bring back my opinions on staying there for waking up there 3 mornings.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

My problem with the AoA rooms that I have seen now (Lion King and Little Mermaid) is that they look cheap. To me. Hey, I'm as happy to wake up and know I'm at Disney as anyone here but-- can't they do it with some class and style? These look like a cheesy 70s roadside theme motel, to me, and not Disney. I expected better. A value resort doesn't have to scream cheap, even with character motifs. Maybe the pictures aren't doing it justice.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm behind on the Intercot Podcasts, so I'm still getting caught up. Just wanted to add I enjoyed having Christine on this one. A little competition for Mel, who has always been my favorite podcast voice. (I love the Southern accents).
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: