Quantcast Rides they should get rid of - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh shush your mouth you Speedway naysayers

My sons LOVE that attraction!

I'm in the 'nothing' camp. Because this thread alone proves that we all have different tastes. There are some attractions my kiddos adore that I could skip all together, but ride because they love it. And I love to see them laugh with joy! I'm thinking the Tea Cups here
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From a personal, and "historical" perspective, I would NEVER suggest getting rid of Small World, the Tikki Birds or the Speedway. I guess once you know the back-story, it can give you a different appreciation of the ride. All 3 of those have DL versions and had direct involvement from Walt. I guess I'm pretty protective of the attractions that have such a strong tie-in. However, some of the newer attractions don't have much "history", nor are they on my "must do" list. As others have said, I would much rather have something than nothing and think that even changing these should wait until a suitable replacement is found. With that said, I could see updating/removing:

At MK- Stitch
    At Epcot- UoE needs updating, but again something is better than nothing
    At DHS - American Idol & Sounds Dangerous. LMA needs to be changed or updated.
    At AK - There's not a lot there, but I would love to see something different in place of Primeval Whirl...just feels too "carnival" and "cheap"

Again, I would hate to see rides shut down and left to sit empty (like the Wonders of Life pav).

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that getting rid of classic rides is not the way to go, however Stitch?? there is nothing classic about this "thing" I have avoided it like the plague. And Captain EO? Really? It was painful to watch!
    Otherwise, leave it be! There is plenty that I don't like, that is someone else's favorite! And like so many here have said, it they're in line for their favorite-that means they're not in line for mine!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love just about every WDW attraction that is there now, but there are defintely a few that I would like to see replaced or revamped/updated. They are:

*Stitch: Get rid of it completely and replace it with something else! THE worst attraction in WDW, hands down.
    *The Narnia/Jack Sparrow thing in DHS: Replace!
    *The Backlot Tour in DHS: This used to be a lot of fun until they cut half of it out. Now it's just taking up space. Replace!
    *Universe of Energy: I used to love this ride, but was bored out of my mind the last time I rode it a couple years ago. I would want it to stay, but it definitely needs an update!
    *Journey into Imagination: Needs to be revamped with the DreamFinder brought back!
    *Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama: Tear this whole area down and start over with something new!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Captain EO (extremely outdated and whether Michael Jackson is guilty or innocent of his crimes, he still creeps me out)
    Universe of Energy (too long, boring, and Im not an Ellen fan)
    the whole Dino Land carnival thing (reminds me of rundown local carnival)
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ellens.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

None! I did say Teacups earlier but I changed my mind I have had some good memories on that ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Below are the rides that I thinkg should go. No referb or update will make these any better. I say replace and not just remove. It will cost money, but new rides draw more people into the parks, thus brining in more money.

Replace:
    Stitch
    Dino-Rama
    Universe of Energy
    Studio Backlot Tour
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway

EP - Maybe the Wonders of Life pavilion, only because it is so rarely used. I'd rather they just open it back up.

DHS - Backstage tour, but I would prefer they just add some interest to it.

AK - That awful Dinorama carnival thing!!

We all have favorites and ones that we seldom or never do, but to be honest, the only thing that I think needs to go (instead of being updated) is that awful carnival thing at AK.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is interesting what people love and hate.

We love the Carnival area in Dinoland. Maybe we love it because it's always empty. I dunno, we just really enjoy it.

If there is an attraction that feels "cheap", to me it's the Country Bears. It's like Chuck E. Cheese on steroids. BUT, I can see why people want it to stay around, as it was one of Walt's ideas. It IS classic Disney. But so was Mr. Toad, and he's not found in WDW anymore.

I also like Stitch. I don't see why people think it's so awful. It has amazing animatronics. Sure, it doesn't fit within the "story" of the movie, but it's humorous enough to be enjoyable.

Tomorrowland speedway doesn't need to go, it just needs a complete overhaul. Electric engines would be awesome.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
    well she did say "things that they should replace with something new"
    I think it goes without saying that no one hates any ride enough that they would prefer a blank space.
    Exactly!! That was the whole point of this post! There are some rides that we skip every time...I think Disney needs to add new rides to keep the people that go every year (like me!) wanting to come back time after time. Just saying....
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

TomorrowLand Speedway. OK, I don't hate it, and I won't say I wish it was gone, but of all the MK attractions I am the most disappointed that this ride is still around in it's original form.

It has no Disney magic in spite of the fact that it was a DL original. It is merely a copy of similar rides that were already in most of the tacky roadside amusement park that Walt was trying to "one-up" when he created DL, and he had to have some rides to compete with them. At MK, the attractions ought to be better and more imaginative and more magical that what you can find in an ordinary amusement park. Both of my six-year olds were excited to ride it until they got on it and discovered that unlike the "real" go karts they could actually race, steer and pass other cars with at our small town fun center, the Speedway cars were quote "lame"; and they never wanted to wait in line for it again.
    On top of how "lame" the "driving" experience is, it is noisy, smelly and extremely slow loading. Worst of all is the complete lack of theming and imagination.

Which is to say, the ride is not beyond redemption. With some real Disney Imagineering work, the cars could be made electric, with sound effects, even voices, and every car could be a different character from a movie, I don't know, say . .CARS for instance? Then the track layout could be converted to a town, with sights to see, and even an indoor portion of the ride which could simulate the town at night, with all the retro neon lights, and cool music playing in the background. Then the ride would be worth experiencing and waiting in line for. Not that difficult to do.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

MK- Stitch
    Epcot- Lion King movie, Mexico, most of the movies in WS, U of Energy
    DHS- Backlost tour
    Animal Kingdom- Pretty much anything but the Nemo Show.

Dtd- Disneyquest

Post Thanks / Like

MK- tomorrowland

AK-Dino Land

Epcot- anything that is does not have a ride or a country name

DHS-Lights Motor whatever and the open non used spaces
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

AK - Dino-Rama Carnival - waste of good space and irritating to boot.

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway - noisy, fume-ridden, slow, out of date.

EPCOT - Update Universe of Energy

STUDIOS - Backlot tour needs updating.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Wow almost unanimous on Stitch. Problem is kids love that character for some reason...

I too have no care for the speedway but I can see why people do for nostalgas sake. I died a little when Mr. Toad's went out, and I hate that Snow White is gone now and would miss Country Bears and the Tiki Birds. The difference to me is that all of those things are distinctly Disney. I just took my son on a rinky dink car ride at a small town amusement park. If you took that ride out of context there would be nothing to make it FEEL Disney.

Circle of Life needs to go and needs Kitchen Cabaret back in the Land

I've never really thought about Dino-o-Rama one way or another and the carnival theme is cute, but again I could go to a real carnival. My son loves dinosaurs and is too small for Dinosaur so I think the Triceratops spin is just fine. Apparently kids don't understand all the flying spinning rides are the same, but thats just one of the things that makes them lovable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    AK - Dino-Rama Carnival - waste of good space and irritating to boot.

MK - Tomorrowland Speedway - noisy, fume-ridden, slow, out of date.

EPCOT - Update Universe of Energy

STUDIOS - Backlot tour needs updating.
    I agree completely, but with the Captain Eo and Stitch added.

Also, can Disney not come up with something better than emptiness to replace the Wonders of Life?
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

theres a lot i dont go on..idk if ive been on Dumbo, Carousel, speedway...at least since i was a kid. and never on Aladdin spittin camels at MK or AK Primeval whirl and such
    but i agree if they take crowds from other rides
    and dont close something wo a replacement.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch! Loved Alien Encounter, stitch is terrible.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Stitch can go in my book. The rest is ok with me.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: