Quantcast CBR vs. Dolphin

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: CBR vs. Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Default CBR vs. Dolphin

I have the choice in February to stay at CBR or the Dolphin Resort. Which one should I choose? I know that the Dolphin is not Disney owned but Disney affiliated, but what do you guys think?
    Here you leave Today, and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

D23 Charter Member
    WDW AP

20+ trips to Walt Disney World and counting since 1992!!
    1 trip to Disneyland, CA (2007)

Upcoming trips:
    Disneyland September 2012 &
    Walt Disney World November 2012 & February 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at CBR before and liked it a lot. We did contemplate the Dolphin for our next trip but decided against it. I didn't like that it isn't Disney-owned and after researching, it looked like the restaurants there are very expensive, plus they do not acccept the Disney dining plan. Overall, we prefer the smaller size buildings that CBR has to offer. The grounds are so nice to walk around at night and prefer that nice quaint CBR gives compared to Dolphin, since the building is so large.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that location means a lot to me, and the Dolphin is in a great location! Some people say the Dolphin is missing some Disney magic, but I think the location adds plenty of magic. Plus, it's a playful, fun resort. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS, or just take a boat, is so much better than relying on buses, though bus service is never all that bad to my experience.

Bus service at the Dolphin was great for me when needed- Disney buses, you often share with Beach Club, Yacht Club , or Boardwalk. You have Disney transportation and EMH, and not being able to use the Dining Plan is really not a big thing for us. I had a great room, very comfortable, no problems with atmosphere being Disney enough for me (there are character meet and greets, and a Disney gift shop), and overall, that location puts it far ahead of the Disney moderates for me. I actually like the Dolphin even better than the Beach Club (which is rare, probably, but I'm not a BC fan).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both locations and would definitely pick Dolphin over CBR. CBR was just too much for me with the buses. I really didn't like it at all. We really enjoyed the Dolphin and all the transportation options we had. Good luck deciding!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge fan of the boardwalk area so I'd pick the dolphin. Can walk to HS or Epcot or take boats...and we love walking the countries at night while enjoying a tall cold beverage. Plus the boardwalk area is a blast at night.

Post Thanks / Like

I would choose the Dolphin over CBR. The difference is Deluxe vs Moderate. You have most the perks that you get at staying at CBR. The location is incredible. You have interior corridors.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with everything Sherri said (SBETigg). It has been a good 7 years since we stayed at CBR but it left a lot to be desired. We loved the location and the service at Dolphin.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at the Dolphin for the first time last month. I can honestly say i will NEVER return. It wasn't that it wasn't a nice hotel or that the service was poor. I just didn't feel like I was in Disney at all when we were there. I expected it to be a little Disneyish since it was on property but if you told me I was anywhere else I would have believed you. For us the Disney theming in the resorts is a large part of our stay and we love the feeling of being immersed in Disney. The Dolphin didn't have any of that, I felt like we were in a resort off property, regardless of the location.

I suppose it depends on what matters more to you and for us it is the entire Disney experience and the Dolphin was a huge letdown.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both and would return to both if the circumstances were right. As others have mentioned the location of the Dolphin is so very nice and even though it doesn't have 4 or 5 bus stops like CRB, it might share buses with YC/BC and Boardwalk making for one long bus loop. Also if you are flying in, it is rent a car or a cab. No DME for the Dolphin.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking at the Dolphin you might want to consider the Swan as well. We stayed there for the first time this summer and it was great. It's smack in the middle of the Disney Boardwalk action and also has EMH privilages. We walked to Epcot and took the launch to DS. Best of all, the price was excellent.
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at CBR for a week last month and we won't stay there again. We like other places we've stayed far better.

Dealing with the buses at CBR is just no fun.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Is CBR the only moderate option?

Honestly, after staying at the Swan in August, I'd choose Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs over the S/D any day. I did not care for the Swan at all.

If you will be flying and like the convenience of DME AND Resort Airline Check In, you can't do either at the S/D.

Also, no DDP and no charging to your room. No resort package delivery either.

The food/dining options at S & D are actually QUITE good, but very expensive, as mentioned.

Also, S & D charge daily fees up to $31/day if you have a car ($15/day no car). Fee is non negotiable.

Tough call, as CBR is not a moderate I'd stay at. But, the Dolphin isn't a place I'd choose either. :/
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitly go with Carribean Beach it is just a great resort I love it there !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: