Quantcast Luggage transport from airport to hotel?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Luggage transport from airport to hotel?

Has anyone that was using Magical Express used the luggage delivery? I didn't know it was an option until I got our ME documents in the mail today. Sounds great not to have to wait around for baggage claim but it also scares me to leave the airport without my luggage.
    Kristi

1996-Dixie Landings
    2008-CR
    Dec. 2012- Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't used it recently (did in 2008) but we will definitely use it in May when we go again. It is/was a seamless, wonderful experience not to have to worry about getting the bags. And I truly wouldn't worry, they take very good care of things, and track them the whole way so any "just in case" scenarios are kept to a minimum.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

It works great we did it the last trip... but here is the other side to it, if you want your bag right away you wont be able to the bags will be sent to your room some time after 4 pm.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    It works great we did it the last trip... but here is the other side to it, if you want your bag right away you wont be able to the bags will be sent to your room some time after 4 pm.
    DEFINITELY use it. you will not have any worries with your luggage getting lost. the only advantage is if you want to do carry-ons so you don't have to pay fees.

like the above poster said though...if you plan to do something right when you get there take a change of clothes in your carry on or backpack. that's what i always do if using the luggage service so i can hit the ground running when i get there. it's nice because you come back to your room and your luggage is there waiting to be unpacked.

Post Thanks / Like

We used it in February for the first time. It was a great experience for us! By the time we were checked in and walked to our room our luggage was there. I won't hesitate to use it again

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it several times, most recently a few weeks ago. I've never had any problems and my bags have always been delivered to my room within a few hours of my arrival. Love it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We use it and have never had any issues. Definitely throw your bathing suits and anything else you''ll want right away in your carry on, though. (and honestly, I ALWAYS carry a full change of clothes, etc. in my carry on. I trust Disney - but I don't really trust the airlines!)

Post Thanks / Like

We have used it our last several trips. As long as you put the little yellow tags on, no problem. Kudos to the whole luggage and bag check at Disney!
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had a trip yet without it nothing but great experiences here (hopefully I haven't jinxed myself for the trip in four weeks!!!) we even used the reverse service for the first time when we were at the boardwalk in January. Didn't have to touch our bags till we got home
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We've used it several times and only had a minor issue once. Our luggage was not in our room upon our return close to 1am. A simple phone call located it in Bell Services - they happily delivered it but of course, I had to tip them then and it took nearly 30 min for it to show up.

All other times we've used it, we have not had any problems.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact that I check my luggage at Logan and don't have to deal with it until it gets to my hotel room. We've never had a problem using it.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

The first time that we used the service, we didn’t realize that we actually had a choice (we should have read and researched more). We arrived in Orlando between 9-10pm. By the time we arrived at The Wilderness Lodge, we were exhausted and just wanted to go right to bed. Unfortunately, our luggage didn’t arrive until around 2a.m. Needless to say, our vacation was off to a slow, sluggish start and we missed ½ day in the parks because of it.

The 2nd time we used it, we arrived early so it wasn’t a problem but I remembered sitting on the bus and seeing people pulling their own luggage for boarding. As I watched, I realized that, as long as we had waited for the bus to fill, we could have also collected our luggage and had it with us instead of not knowing where it was or when it would arrive.

Ever since, we have picked up our own luggage and headed to the Magical Express. One time, we were actually very happy that we did because it was during February and we had worn jeans on the plane from Missouri. When we arrived in Orlando, it was warmer than we had expected. Since we had our luggage with us, although we were too early to check in at the Polynesian, we were able to pull shorts out of our bags and change before heading to the parks. The cast members at the Poly locked up our bags which were delivered to our rooms even before we arrived back to the hotel. Perfect!

For us, we’d rather have our bags with us – because you never know…
    The service is nice and it works. Just realize that it can take up to 4 hours to get your luggage. I think it’s a personal preference thing and, as long as you have all the info and weigh your pros & cons, you can make an informed decision that works for you!

Have a Magical Trip!
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    We have used it our last several trips. As long as you put the little yellow tags on, no problem. Kudos to the whole luggage and bag check at Disney!
    We've used it the last three trips without an issue. We love it. On last trip, we had more luggage than tags. Contacted Magical Journeys and four more were sent.

On last trip, we were in elevator with Orlando Airport manager. He told us, "Every airport in America is very familiar with those little yellow tags now. If a piece mistakenly goes to a wrong destination, it is quickly identified and re-routed back to Orlando."

He also told us when the system was launched, it was a nightmare. Now it is extremely efficient.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I will start by saying this is a great service. However, we usually do not use the sevice on the trip down. My family travels a lot, so we are used to lugging our bags around. We are usually in the park within 1 hour of hotel check-in, so it gives us piece of mind that we can go all day at the park and not have any surprises upon retuning to the room on that first night.

I would rather take the 10 extra minutes at the airport to collect our bags and bring them to the bus, than to find out at 1:00 am that something is missing. As the other poster said, you are just sitting on the bus waiting anyway.

I do use the service for the return trip - I works nicely especially if you have an early check-out and later flight. Just send the bags to the airport instead of storing them at the hotel.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

We used it a few times before 2008 but we had a bad experience with it at POR and never used it again. Our luggage arrived four hours after we did at around midnight and we never got organised that whole trip. After two hours we went to the luggage thing on property to ask for our luggage and they wouldn't let us retreive it, which did not make my mom happy. It worked for us every other time though!
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We used this service in September 2011. We got to our hotel POFQ, checked in, checked out our room,dropped off the couple small bags we had as carry ons. Went to dinner at 1900 park fare(GF) and came back and there they were no problems. I would definitely do this service again.

It sounds like if you arrive very early or extremely late it is helpful if you bring the bags with you to ME, all that information should be in the packet you recieved or you can find it online.

Have fun!
    Sher

WDW 1990 GF
    WDW August/September 2011 POFQ
    Can't wait to go back August 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: