Quantcast How to deal with ADR changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to deal with ADR changes

I have 2 questions. One is what happens when you made ADR's and an extra person is now coming into the group? We went from 14 to 15 people...also, what if half of the group decides to leave early, so one of my ressies goes from 14 to 7 people? I don't want to make changes now since we are leaving in 13 days....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if there is a correct answer but here are my thoughts. I would imagine adding one to 14 won't be too bad. It will have to be a big table anyway and I would think they could squeeze in one more. If you shrink from 14 to 7 I would contact the restaurant and let them know....that way maybe another party could get in with the 'opening'. However, if the reservation was one that required a credit card it may be more complicated.

Post Thanks / Like

The extra person may not get in. Going from 14 to 15 would take an entirely new reservation due to fire code and seating regulations. You wouldn't think it's a big deal, but it is. You would either need to call and make a new ADR or make #15 aware they may not be seated with you and would need to make other plans. If it's not a popular restaurant then you can probably get the extra person in, but if it's a popular one, not going to happen more than likely.

As for going from 14 to 7. Again, you would really need to call and change your ADR. If it was 1 person, no big deal, but 7 people is. Getting 14 people together requires some hassle on Disney's part and I'm sure they would appreciate knowing in advance they don't need that many. Plus, that opens up seating for other people. Also, if this is at one of the popular places with a CC hold, you would get charged for every person who does not show up if you don't cancel. Going down in number usually isn't a big deal if you call and set up a new ADR.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

With going from 14 to 15, you might have better luck calling the restaurant directly and asking what they can do for you. Besides fire codes, which can be an issue, it could be just a matter of how they seat people, table capacity, etc. The restaurant will be able to help you with this more directly. They don't want to turn you away or make it a hassle. They will often work with you to the best of their ability. It's still possible you will have to try to get a new ADR, but it's something to try. Good luck.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If you have issues adding one to the ADR, you could make a separate ADR for the single person, and then go early to let the restaurant know you'd like to be as close together as possible. With 14, you'll be at a number of tables anyways, so they should be able to help.

With the drop from 14 to 7, even if though won't be charged anything, you really do need to call and change it, a family (or two) could benefit from being able to use the empty spots.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I thought as long as even one person showed up for the ADR, no one would be charged a fee for no-showing.
    Regardless, it would be nice to call the restaurant ahead of time.
    And on a side note, this is why touring in big groups is so inconvenient- half of the people don't show up!

Post Thanks / Like

My in-laws winter in Tavares, FL which is about 45min. from Orlando. There have now been a couple times when they’ve decided to meet us for an extra day in the parks than originally planned. Of course, on those “surprise” days, we’ve had ADRs. Since adding 2 would require another table, my in-laws went with us to the restaurants knowing that they might not be able to be added to the reservation and had a back-up plan to head back to the park for counter service and meet up with us later. However, at both places (1900 PF and Cape May) they were able to accommodate us with no problem.

Just a couple weeks ago, we were at LeCellier and a party of (I think) 8 walked in a half an hour late and asked to add 3. They were all seated! -Of course we weren’t too happy to see that considering that they were already running behind that day and we had arrived early for our reservation.

Last June, my in-laws decided to head down to Florida when they found out that we were going down. They joined us in the parks again on a day that we had ADRs scheduled. They didn’t want to push their luck and decided to head home early that day. Ironically, my family of four was seated at a table for six at ‘Ohana and it wouldn’t have been a problem at all had they decided to stay.

On the flip side, we have also gone where I’ve made several reservations for the in-laws to dine with us “just in case”. There was one time that they decide to head home early so we went from 6 to 4. We just explained to the hostess that my mother-in-law was not feeling well and that they left the park. It was no problem and we were not charged. Now, going from 15 to 7, that may be a different story…I would definitely let them know as soon as possible, out of courtesy, so that they can fill those tables where half your party would have been seated. Cancelling that many at the very last minute, there’s always a possibility that you would be charged.

Bottom line: They really seem to try to accommodate so I doubt adding 1 person to that size a party will be a big deal but it would be wise to go without expectations and have a back-up plan…maybe to split tables (in case that’s offered) or a couple people in your party go hit counter service somewhere and meet up later. Definitely make any cancellations as early as possible.

Good luck and have a magical trip!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: