(This might be better off in rumors/news so feel free to bump me!)

In my haze of checking emails when I got up this morning I had one from Disney Destinations inviting me to be part of a "new" experience on my trip in ten days. The email was an invitation to test Fastpass+. Has anyone else gotten this?

Needless to say I decided to give it a shot. Since I plan what parks we'll be in each day it wasn't difficult.

I was given the option to select 3 attractions on a single day in HS and 4 attractions in MK on a different day. Days offered were limited and did not encompass my whole 9 day trip.

I started with HS, choose a day (conveniently one of the mornings we were going there anyway was listed) and was given a list of attractions from which I could choose 1 and then an additional list of attractions from which I could choose 2. In the first group I quickly choose Toy Story Mania, the second group I took the Great Movie Ride and Tower of Terror. It then takes you to a screen with 4 prearranged groups of times. You have 30 minutes to decide on which grouping you want. Times ranged from a half hour after park opening to park closing and like regular fastpass you are given an hour window, non overlapping for each attraction. I went with morning hours and was quite pleased to get a 10AM fast pass for Toy Story Mania without a mad dash to the back of the park at opening.

Then moved to picking my MK times. This time the day we had planned on visiting wasn't listed, I choose one day I wouldn't mind swapping around but I wasn't 100% sure we'd actually use these. Again attractions were split up, this time I was allowed 4 attractions. Also interesting "preferred" viewing spots for the parade and fireworks were listed as options as well as character meets. We aren't big parade people and have tickets to the Christmas party the same night so I opted out of these.

I went with Enchanted Tales with Belle, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear. Having the two new attractions included (and only a few days after the grand opening) means we may end up using these after all. Played with the 4 times options and found one for all 4 fastpasses in the AM hours.

Received a follow up email that I will be mailed my passes within the next few days.

I'll report back as to how it works out! I know there was some debate going on with Intercotees when the rumors of this system started. I wasn't thrilled initially but I can now say after having the option to secure a ride on Toy Story Mania without the craziness of getting a fastpass as well as a spot on the two new attractions at MK without worrying about waits, I may be swayed. We'll see how they work in person in a few days!