Quantcast really, Disney?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: really, Disney?

Post Thanks / Like

Default really, Disney?

Computers are "down" and POFQ. Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later. Huh?

And we have to waste our time to go back later to get our regular keys but they gave us a "generic" key in the meantime? Just how "generic" is this key, if you know what i mean.

Unbelievable

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

We had a letter in our room on Sunday telling us that they were going thru major computer upgrades on Monday, so that might be your problem. Fortunately we checked out Monday morning, so not an issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    We had a letter in our room on Sunday telling us that they were going thru major computer upgrades on Monday, so that might be your problem. Fortunately we checked out Monday morning, so not an issues.
    if thats the case, you'd think there woukd be some backup plan. Luckily, i am fairly well off financially so i can afford to pay OOP. What about those who cant? Can you imagine how embarassing that could be?

We can even get mugs to get a drink even though we paid for them.

There is simply no excuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?
    Politics in WDW? -bad form.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to us in 2010 at PORS. Huge computer upgrade turned into huge computer crash. Everything lost. Hours spent trying to work it all out, over three days. We ended up being upgraded to water view and getting a free night, but it was by far the worst trip we ever had. We haven't been back yet. If its still happeneing, maybe we need to stay away a bit longer. There was precious little "Magic" going on....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    This happened to us in 2010 at PORS. Huge computer upgrade turned into huge computer crash. Everything lost. Hours spent trying to work it all out, over three days. We ended up being upgraded to water view and getting a free night, but it was by far the worst trip we ever had. We haven't been back yet. If its still happeneing, maybe we need to stay away a bit longer. There was precious little "Magic" going on....
    You'd think an upgrade woukd be a no brainer. We were assigned a room as far away from the lobby as possibke facing a parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Computers are "down" and POFQ. Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later. Huh?

And we have to waste our time to go back later to get our regular keys but they gave us a "generic" key in the meantime? Just how "generic" is this key, if you know what i mean.

Unbelievable
    if thats the case, you'd think there woukd be some backup plan. Luckily, i am fairly well off financially so i can afford to pay OOP. What about those who cant? Can you imagine how embarassing that could be?

We can even get mugs to get a drink even though we paid for them.

There is simply no excuse.
    They have known about this "system update" for awhile, as it has been posted on the DVC member website. I can't believe they didn't have a better plan than this. Sounds like management needs a reboot. I wonder how guests are faring at other resorts.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd think an upgrade woukd be a no brainer. We were assigned a room as far away from the lobby as possibke facing a parking lot.
    Ouch!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

It's affecting all of WDW. No resort reservations, or dining reservations can be made. If you're already here and have the dining plan, they will take it, but they can't tell you how many credits you have left. It's been very frustrating. Concierge can't even help with tickets. Tickets can only be purchased at the parks.

I can only imagine how many unhappy guests they have by now. We wee told yesterday that it would all be back up by 10 this morning. Its now 5:30 and everything is still down.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to NextGen... LoL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Things like this are bound to happen in this day and age.

I'm sure the CMs are just as frustrated as the guests.

Best to not stress over this kind of occurrence. It doesn't help the situation.

I hope these issues get resolved a.s.a.p., but complaining about having to pay OOP when its not a problem for you, and complaining about your room placement/implying that you should have gotten an upgrade doesn't seem productive at this point. Everyone is in the same boat. Enjoy your vacation and try to trust that Disney will work it out to your satisfaction.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Is everything back up again? No more notice on the DVC site. Parents and sis are arriving on Thursday; hopefully all problems are solved.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Things like this are bound to happen in this day and age.

I'm sure thet CMs are just as frustrated as the guests.

Best to not stress over this kind of occurrence. It doesn't help the situation.

I hope these issues get resolved a.s.a.p., but complaining about having to pay OOP when its not a problem for you, and complaining about your room placement/implying that you should have gotten an upgrade doesn't seem productive at this point. Everyone is in the same boat. Enjoy your vacation and try to trust that Disney will work it out to your satisfaction.
    What is "not productive at this point" is your patronizing attitude. I worked hard to foot the couple of thousand dollars this trip cost. I paid on time and didnt cancel at the last minute. The LEAST one should expect is for Disney to uphold their end of the bargain. Anything less is unacceptable...... especially since YOU aren't here dealing with the baloney sandwich they are trying to feed us.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds miserable. you would think some kind of backup paper records/punch cards/something would have been relatively easy to put in place for down time. hope its back to normal soon!
    Last edited by rnin02; 12-04-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: forgot some words!
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

Kid, I know it doesn't help, and it stinks going through what you went through, but this isn't a case of the computers just going down... And Disney acting like OOOPS OUR BAD is unprofessional and not very good customer service...

This is and was a planned outage of the reservations system... Nothing like disrupting the guests so they can update and upgrade for NextGen nonsense...

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Kid, I know it doesn't help, and it stinks going through what you went through, but this isn't a case of the computers just going down... And Disney acting like OOOPS OUR BAD is unprofessional and not very good customer service...

This is and was a planned outage of the reservations system... Nothing like disrupting the guests so they can update and upgrade for NextGen nonsense...

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch...
    Unfortunately when your a resort open 24/7 365 days a year you will always upset someone when a system needs to come down to be upgraded.

And backing up a system with one that works as smoothly as the one in place never happens.

Best you can do is grin and bear it. A bad day at WDW still beats a good day here at work if you ask me.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Unfortunately when your a resort open 24/7 365 days a year you will always upset someone when a system needs to come down to be upgraded.

And backing up a system with one that works as smoothly as the one in place never happens.

Best you can do is grin and bear it. A bad day at WDW still beats a good day here at work if you ask me.
    Yep... it stinks... Happened to me last year.. They were upgrading their reservation system and the entire network was down when i went to check in.. Took 2 hours longer than it should have... It is frustrating... That is why I totally understand Kid's frustrations...

Post Thanks / Like

Another thought I just had, why are these upgrades starting in the day time? Maybe they aren't, they are just spilling over, but at my employer (hospital) they always start the updates in the middle of the night when they will have the least impact on services. Sometimes they run over, things happen, but there's at least the attempt to minimize impact. My DH is currently working on a project with his employer in which they are updating their servers constantly...and he always has to stay awake till 1 or 2 am on friday or saturday before things get started.
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

And the hits keep coming....come back to the room to TRY and relax....maybe hear Stacy's soothing voice, but Noooooooooo, the TV doesn't work!!!

And I forgot to mention, the DME driver made the first stop at Saratoga Springs, then, instead of turning right and driving 200 feet to the POFQ, he went to the Wilderness Lodge first.

I've had enough.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: