Quantcast Make sure you let people know how important they are.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Make sure you let people know how important they are.

My husband just got back from the gym. One of his friends died in the locker room. His wife asked my husband to see who was hurt and was with her until they took him. They are an elderly couple who have become good friends to dh over the years. It was devastating.

Make sure you tell someone how important they are to you today. We never know how long we have.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So true. I've been mindful of this since losing my best friend unexpectedly in 2010. Don't take people in your life or your health for granted. Regular medical check-ups can prolong or save your life. Also, women are less likely to believe they are having a heart attack or seek the necessary emergency medical attention. Learn the warning signs. Stay safe.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been more aware of this precious thing we have called LIFE!

I lost my Dad when I was 17, both of my husband's parents have passed away, and within the last three years, I have sat through funerals for friends that lost spouses. Two of my 10 year old's classmates have had father's that have passed away since we started preschool. One was so sudden, that honestly it was one of the hardest funerals I ever went too. His wife was a friend and co-worker of mine as well, and her grief was so physical. The toll on her body was awful, and just so hard. She was left to raise three small children, and during the funeral just rocked herself back and forth. Three years later she is just starting to heal, and I see some hope in her eyes.

We don't know how much time we have here on earth...be kind, generous, and make the most of it. My motto is... Your health is your wealth, now get out and enjoy your day!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers for all of you. One of the things I remember from my brother's funeral (he died very unexpectedly in 2008 at the age of 34), is the preacher saying to "be there" for each other. You never know when your life is going to change.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so very sorry for your loss and for what your husband went through. And the man's poor wife--how heartbreaking.

Life is precious. As Christmas approaches I hope people will remember that it's not material things that matter. The most important gifts come from being with those we love, living each moment and making wonderful memories.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

As a nurse, I witness some of the worst experiences in people's lives. We had a patient who become unresponsive, but was still breathing. Her elderly husband was there and was just heartbroken. There are very few worse things than watching someone suffer so badly for their ill/dying loved one. I am not married, but I do have a boyfriend (we plan to get married). I cannot imagine if that were me watching him, so helpless. You have now idea how often I come home and hug him tight because I witness the fragility of life almost every day.

So sorry to hear about your friends' loss, as well as your loss of a friend. I know that she really appreciates your husband's presence during that horrible moment in her life. Your husband also has suffered and witnessed something that is very tragic and devastating, so he is probably grieving in a completely different way than anyone else.

Remember to tell your loved ones that you love them before going anywhere. Don't be apart when you're mad. You never know what moment will be your last.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: