Quantcast What's New, What's Next December 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's New, What's Next December 7

Time to temper expectations yet again folks... Expected announcement for the December 7th event:

1. More details about the 7DMT
    2. Possible details about Princess Fairy Tale Hall
    3. Possible announcement about the new afternoon parade
    4. Possibly announcement of Spectro coming back
    5. Possible announcement of new dining options in Epcot
    6. Oh yea, and we re-opened Test Track too...

Other than that, I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking... They just wouldn't want to rob New Fantasyland of it's thunder...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, let me add in something we MAY see, something we been wanting to see since September of last year... Avatar concept art... Not a promise or a guarantee, but it is very possible... If we do see some, I wouldn't expect some grand concept art...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

So.... If we see some Avatar concept art or other information, is it fair to say that project has jumped back to the top of the pile, ahead of the DHS extreme makeover?

Mixed emotions, since I would prefer the DHS makeover happen sooner, but glad AK is finally getting some love.

Unfortunately, in either case, I don't see them starting ANYTHING else until the end of next year once Fantasyland is completed.

BTW - will they have concept art for the new seating at Fantasmic. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure there has been any official mentioning anywhere about a possible DHS makeover anyway. SO I would have to assume you will see ground breaking of Avatar Land well ahead of anything at DHS. At least that's my thoughts.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    So.... If we see some Avatar concept art or other information, is it fair to say that project has jumped back to the top of the pile, ahead of the DHS extreme makeover?

Mixed emotions, since I would prefer the DHS makeover happen sooner, but glad AK is finally getting some love.

Unfortunately, in either case, I don't see them starting ANYTHING else until the end of next year once Fantasyland is completed.

BTW - will they have concept art for the new seating at Fantasmic. LOL!
    What leaked last night was not concept art... They are blue prints, but more like ones that are submitted to contractors/construction firms who are preparing bids, which Disney is currently in stages of (getting bids for the construction work)... Looking like Avatar isn't dead but has been revived after being on life support for a long time...

Avatar has absolutely no bearing on DHS at all.. None, zilch, nada... Avatar won't kill the DHS budget (TDO will do that all by themselves)... Avatar won't stop DHS from happening (even TDO cannot stop it from happening, heck, they WANT it to happen)... So there is no need to worry about Avatar hurting DHS plans... Two different projects, two different budgets...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Lucasfilm purchase will play any part in the announcement(s) that will happen here.
    "Let your conscience be your guide..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwgens View Post
    I wonder if the Lucasfilm purchase will play any part in the announcement(s) that will happen here.
    I mentioned the exact same thing in the Lucasfilm thread. Unfortunately, other than the 2015 release of Star Wars VII I don't think they will have much else to offer, unless they have some blue sky concepts on how a possible Star Wars Land would fit into the DHS extreme makeover.

I could imagine that entire front, left side of the park including Idol and the old Sounds Dangerous building evolving into some kind of Lucas land.(Indy, Star Wars, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

Forget this... The presentation has been cancelled and replaced with a presentation called Around the World... No idea what this Around the World presentation is about....

Post Thanks / Like

Added: apparently the Around the World presentation is the What's New, What's Next presentation, just a different name...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Added: apparently the Around the World presentation is the What's New, What's Next presentation, just a different name...
    Hm, maybe some info on a new country? Wishful thinking lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Hm, maybe some info on a new country? Wishful thinking lol.
    New interactive queue for Animal Kingdom called DUCK AND COVER... the interactive queue will be added to Tough to Be a Bug... Guests have to duck and cover to avoid falling branches from Tree of Life...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    New interactive queue for Animal Kingdom called DUCK AND COVER... the interactive queue will be added to Tough to Be a Bug... Guests have to duck and cover to avoid falling branches from Tree of Life...
    Maybe a come back of horizons....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused????
    This new title doesn't have one of the required words in it. (Fantasy, Dream, Magic)

Ugh... what it does allude to IMO is the "Disney Parks" unified branding effort.

I'm thinking they may also include more announcements/updates on other Disney parks (DSP- Ratatoille Ride, DL - Fantasy Faire, DL Shanghai, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused????
    This new title doesn't have one of the required words in it. (Fantasy, Dream, Magic)

Ugh... what it does allude to IMO is the "Disney Parks" unified branding effort.

I'm thinking they may also include more announcements/updates on other Disney parks (DSP- Ratatoille Ride, DL - Fantasy Faire, DL Shanghai, etc.)
    The next celebration will be The magic of Fantasy and Dreams Celebration... (I'm joking of course)...

No, the name is only a name change... Rumored is the presentation will be heavy with Avatar details...

Post Thanks / Like

DizneyFreak2002, You seem to be very "in the know", any rumors or noise about a cars land coming to HS?
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cfoshe View Post
    DizneyFreak2002, You seem to be very "in the know", any rumors or noise about a cars land coming to HS?
    I wish I was in the know... Cars Land is still all talk at this moment... Actually, if what has been discussed it true, you can't even call it Cars Land... And actually, you'd probably not want it after all, after all the "value engineering" TDO will do to it...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I could really do without "Cars Corner"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I could really do without "Cars Corner"
    How about cardboard facades, no rock work?

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - I will be there Wednesday - Friday as part of media and will be at the what's new - what's next presentation which now has a new name.

Be sure to follow us on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/intercot - and feel free to interact. I'll do my best to respond.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

So the rumblings are today that CarsLand will indeed be announced.

I wish they'd announce an expansion of Pixar Place altogether and include some kind of Monsters Inc. attraction.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: