Quantcast Special Entrances for 4 & 5 day park hopper tickets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Special Entrances for 4 & 5 day park hopper tickets

Disneyland and DCA now have a special entrance for those with 4 and 5 day parkhopper tickets (only). You must print your names on the tickets and adults must show ID along with the tickets. There are CM's and signs to direct you to the correct entrance.

This is to crack down on ticket scalpers who "rent" out the 4/5 day p/h tix. Disney has put the scalpers out of business

While talking to a CM about this yesterday, he said everything is running very smoothly and there are no problems with the new proceedure at all. I did notice on the Disneyland side that the special entrance said "special ticket event" where you enter. I didn't see the DCA side.

This is more of a heads up to be prepared if you have 4 or 5 day park hopper tickets. Nothing to worry about. When the other lines to enter are longer.... these can actually be shorter
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney cracks down on ticket renting

Found this via the Orange County Register, I guess it is an online newspaper.

By SARAH TULLY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ANAHEIM – Disney's two parks here are cracking down on visitors who rent tickets from unauthorized brokers – a practice that violates company policy.
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure recently began requiring visitors to show identification if they are using four- to five-day park passes, which now include their names. Previously, park employees only asked for identification sporadically.

A man wearing a Mickey Mouse-ear headband waves a sign advertising discounted theme-park tickets on the northwest corner of Ball Road and Disneyland Drive in Anaheim.

The company's new practice is in response to a groundswell of businesses renting out the multi-day passes by the day at discounted rates.
    Disneyland Resort sells one-day tickets for those age 10 and up that allow patrons to visit both parks for $125 each. Off-site businesses rent multiday tickets for $90 to $99 a day.
    Disney's tickets state that they are "nontransferable" and must be used by the same person on all days. Until recently, Disney only checked tickets when employees became suspicious.
    The policy change came shortly after The Orange County Register published a story a month ago, outlining how the businesses operate. Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman, said the rule is in response to recent publicity about the issue, as well as more-common, aggressive tactics by the outside businesses. For example, some employees hold signs advertising the discount tickets on streets near the theme parks.
    As of late September, at least nine businesses in the Disneyland area sold the discounted tickets. At least two of those have since shut down. Two others declined to speak with a reporter.
    Another business, Best Tickets Here, stated on its Twitter account that tickets remained for sale: "I'm sure many of you have heard of the many changes at Disneyland, however we want everyone to know we still have (tickets)."
    Now, Disneyland Resort requires names be included on the passes. Those purchased onsite have the names printed on them, while others are added with indelible ink at the gates, Brown said.
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have reserved turnstiles for four- and five-day pass buyers, who show identification upon entering the parks.
    Disney continues to work on new, additional technology to further resolve the issue.
    Walt Disney World parks in Florida and SeaWorld San Diego use biometrics – a fingerprint scanning system – for visitors using multiday passes. But Disney has said that strategy won't be used here.

~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TinkerbellT421;2317075]Walt Disney World parks in Florida and SeaWorld San Diego use biometrics – a fingerprint scanning system – for visitors using multiday passes. But Disney has said that strategy won't be used here.QUOTE]

I've always wondered why they don't do that here. Seems like an easy solution to a difficult problem. On our first trip to Disneyland (being acustomed to WDW) we were suprised that they just scanned our tickets and let us right in.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there four or five times since this was first reported and have yet to see this system being used.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

They recently stopped doing the special entrances.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I REALLY do not understand why they would go thorugh such labor-intensive nonsense when all they have to do is adopt Florida's biometric scanning?

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I've been there four or five times since this was first reported and have yet to see this system being used.
    Linda, they no longer have the special entrances, but they ARE checking IDs for any sort of park hoppers, even 2 and 3 day ones now.

Since you're an AP holder, you haven't encountered this personally, as your picture comes up on the computer screen visible to the CM at the gate.

There are not any signs or anything alerting those in line that IDs will be checked. Basically, what happens is that the CM at the gate asks for ID when the guest presents the hopper for admission. It results in people having to then dig out their IDs (all adults are required to do so) and it makes the lines move much more slowly.

When we were there a couple weeks ago, not only did we have to show ID every time, we also had to show MILITARY ID, as we were using the Armed Forces Salute hoppers. We even had to show Military ID for my sister and her husband, who we purchased hoppers for as well since they accompanied us.

The ID checks are required at both main gates as well as the monorail station at DtD.

They should, at the very least, have signs. However, I think they want to catch people off guard, to be honest.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Linda, they no longer have the special entrances, but they ARE checking IDs for any sort of park hoppers, even 2 and 3 day ones now.

Since you're an AP holder, you haven't encountered this personally, as your picture comes up on the computer screen visible to the CM at the gate.

There are not any signs or anything alerting those in line that IDs will be checked. Basically, what happens is that the CM at the gate asks for ID when the guest presents the hopper for admission. It results in people having to then dig out their IDs (all adults are required to do so) and it makes the lines move much more slowly.

When we were there a couple weeks ago, not only did we have to show ID every time, we also had to show MILITARY ID, as we were using the Armed Forces Salute hoppers. We even had to show Military ID for my sister and her husband, who we purchased hoppers for as well since they accompanied us.

The ID checks are required at both main gates as well as the monorail station at DtD.

They should, at the very least, have signs. However, I think they want to catch people off guard, to be honest.
    All I can say is that when I'm there next week, they better be letting people in well before the rope drop to accomidate this. One time when I was there, they weren't even doing rope drops (isn't that part of the Disneyland/Magic Kingdom experience???), when park opening time rolled around, they started letting people in through the trunstiles. Back then, that resulted in most people losing the first 10-15 minutes of their day (the best minutes I might add), I can only imagine how bad it would be now. But if they let everyone in well before the rope drop, I think this can be managed.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    All I can say is that when I'm there next week, they better be letting people in well before the rope drop to accomidate this. One time when I was there, they weren't even doing rope drops (isn't that part of the Disneyland/Magic Kingdom experience???), when park opening time rolled around, they started letting people in through the trunstiles. Back then, that resulted in most people losing the first 10-15 minutes of their day (the best minutes I might add), I can only imagine how bad it would be now. But if they let everyone in well before the rope drop, I think this can be managed.
    I can't speak to rope drop specifically, but when we were there, there was ALWAYS significant lines at the entrance gates, at all times of day. It has slowed down the process a LOT.

However, and I really do mean this, I'm glad they are doing this. It is annoying, but it's necessary. Too many criminals are out there illegally selling partially used tickets and this practice needs to stop now, or else we will ALL pay the price eventually. I am very happy to see Disney actually taking a stand here and trying to put an end to this practice once and for all. A bit of inconvenience is fine by me.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I can't speak to rope drop specifically, but when we were there, there was ALWAYS significant lines at the entrance gates, at all times of day. It has slowed down the process a LOT.

However, and I really do mean this, I'm glad they are doing this. It is annoying, but it's necessary. Too many criminals are out there illegally selling partially used tickets and this practice needs to stop now, or else we will ALL pay the price eventually. I am very happy to see Disney actually taking a stand here and trying to put an end to this practice once and for all. A bit of inconvenience is fine by me.
    I agree that something should be done about it, but like I said above, what's wrong with the finger scanners?
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    I agree that something should be done about it, but like I said above, what's wrong with the finger scanners?
    The finger scanners are unreliable technology at this point. WDW is actually moving away from them in lieu of RFID encoded tickets that can be tied to specific people. No reason to spend money on unreliable technology when good old fashioned photo ID is the MOST reliable.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I visited both parks this past monday, tuesday, and Thursday, I think I entered each one twice each day, and I actually don't have any complaints about how long it took to get in, I feel like it may have been less of a line then I remember, though you must remember, this was just before the start of a busy tourist season, so things could be a lot different next week. In some cases, I had my ticket, ID, and hand stamp checked.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Also there are signs stating that guests with multiday tickets need to have an ID out.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I never understood why some people try to go to ticket scalpers or other ticket retailers other than Disney themselves. Sure you *may* get a good deal but more often than not you'll wind up with no-entry to the parks and tons of cash down the drain. Pay it to the mouse, not to the louse.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ΊoΊ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: