Quantcast Child afraid of fire, where to avoid? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the MKRR? Aren't there "live" campfires in the Native American camps? And on the train FROM Rafiki's Planet Watch? I think you get a bit of a view of Kali River Rapids from it.

Wow, there really is fire everywhere...

This is quite an issue for you. I hope you are able to resolve it and have a wonderful trip.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the firefighting game in Innovations will help him deal with his fear.

I dont exactly remember all the details, but its a game about learning fire safety and he is able to put out the "fire" which is just on a tv screen. it might be a good feeling for him to have the power to put it out? If I remember correctly too, it's not an aggressive looking fire.

You know far more about his ability to handle fire than I do, but its just a thought. Perhaps you can scout it out ahead of time? If not this trip, then maybe when he is a little older?

Regardless, I'm sure the little guy will have an amazing trip and he is lucky to have a mother who does her research! :-)

Happy travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Lumiere is also in the entire set of Enchanted Tales with Belle.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    Maybe the firefighting game in Innovations will help him deal with his fear.

I dont exactly remember all the details, but its a game about learning fire safety and he is able to put out the "fire" which is just on a tv screen. it might be a good feeling for him to have the power to put it out? If I remember correctly too, it's not an aggressive looking fire
    This is an excellent idea.
    I agree that the firefighting game at Epcot might actually be a chance to help your lil dude out! Maybe have one of you grownups go thru it first and see what you think. If you think it might be helpful let the CM know that your' lil dude is going to be scared and then go with it. Help him learn how to be safe around fire
    Let us know how your trip goes!
    side note: I didn't realize until I thought about it-there is fire all over the Word!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the props, BrerGnat.

It really is stunning to realize what a prominent role fire plays in so many of the attractions. I think about the only thing more difficult would be if a child had a strong aversion to water. Or mice!!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

The Universe of Energy and the Norway ride both show fire. I noticed that yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Teresa, I didn't have anything to add on where fire appears in WDW, but I just sent you a private message with an article that might be helpful. It's written by a physician on dealing with irrational fears during the toddler years.

Good luck on your vacation!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Bless yalls hearts, that is a tricky one, I think Jungle Cruise has torches and for sure no Backlot tour, the Pearl Harbor scene has fire and the Catestrophy (sp?) canyon thing has fire that made me abit uncomfortable, plus abit of simulated drop feelings. As others have said Epcot-World Showcase at least 30 mins before then yall need to be heading outwards. I think yall can still have a really amazing time while accomodating your childs aversions, the first time we went we didn't ride anything because I was (at 15) terrified of everything and so we did alot of wandering so I wouldn't let the lack of ride thing worry you too much, yall will still have a really wonderful time. My suggestion would be to try to watch some youtube videos of ride throughs for the rides in question, they aren't always great quality but they might give you a good feel for somewhat what to expect because you know his sensitivities.

Good luck and lots of hugs for you all, fear isn't any fun for anyone involved.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought of another one yall might could help me with, is there fire in living with the land? I know there is that storm scene and is there any fire parts before you go into the garden parts? I think the story book area will be good for yall, and fantasty land, main street I think should be good, maybe avoid Adventure land because when you go in there are those torches by the bridge going by the Tiki guys. Future world might be good too. TTA would be good if little one doesn't mind the dark, Tom Sawyer island might be a thought as well. I dont think there is any type of fire there (to my best knowledge tho, I'm not 100%)
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Smile update on son in trip reports

Since my original post our son has been making strides I never thought possible. I wrote about these as part of my pre-trip report. Thank you to everyone. I think the trip will be a bit less challenging than originally thought.
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tadcd View Post
    Since my original post our son has been making strides I never thought possible. I wrote about these as part of my pre-trip report. Thank you to everyone. I think the trip will be a bit less challenging than originally thought.
    That is great to hear! I'm sure you will have an amazing trip!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news So maybe by the time you go this fear will be far behind you
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Since my original post our son has been making strides I never thought possible.
    Awesome news! That'll make the trip even more magical.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Great news on the strides your son is making. Yes, Wolf, one scene in Living with the land shows fire on the Horizon.

Have an amazing visit!