Quantcast Tips

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips

My parents just told us they are taking all of us on the Disney Fantasy in May of 2014!!! Although they are paying for the cruise, extras like tips, shore excursions, alcohol, etc will be our responsibility. It has been so long since our last cruise I can't even remember how we much we tipped, but I wanted to get an idea so we can start saving for our extras.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the DCL website, the recommended guidelines are as follows:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night
    Dining Server...... $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
    Dining Asst. Server....$9.00 $12.00 $21.00
    Dining Head Server.. $3.00 $4.00 $7.00
    Stateroom Host..... $12.00 $16.00 $28.00
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

They charge it automatically to your folio, no need to worry about how much. When you see the charge you can decide if you don't think it's appropriate and visit guest relations.

Disney will charge whatever the going rate is. There was difference between the amount between when we booked and sailed; we were charged the prevailing rate.

And remember it's per person, adults, kids,etc all tip the same amount.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, tips are charged automatically. If your parents are paying for the trip, I assume they are making the reservations. Make sure that they put one of the cabins in your name, and provide YOUR contact info for it. They can pay for the trip however they want, but they should have two separate reservations for each cabin, so you can go in on the website and input your own credit card number for your room. That way, you will also be able to book your own onboard services (spa, excursions, dining reservations for Palo/Remy, etc.).

The tips will be a set amount per person, per day for each of: cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter, and head waiter.

For our family of 4, on our 5 night cruise, our tips totaled around $220. We chose to add extra (in the form of cash) to our waiter, head waiter, and cabin steward. The night before the last night, you will get envelopes in your room with receipts showing the amount that has been pre-charged to your account. You put the slip of paper in the envelope for each person, and that is their "proof" that you paid. You can augment with cash if you want, or you can visit guest services to add or subtract add'l amounts. IMO, the amounts "recommended" were fairly low for the level of service we got, so we added more to reflect that.

Alcohol is where you can really rack it up. Our alcohol tab for 5 nights was in the neighborhood of $300. Totally worth it, though! I spent $50 at the Champagne bar one night for 2 glasses of the signature bubbly, and it was amazing!

Also, don't forget to budget for photo purchases. You WILL buy at least one.

Since the Fantasy is a 7 night cruise, I'd budget roughly $1000 for basics for a family of 4 (tips, alcohol, onboard purchases). You will need significantly more if you plan spa treatments, shore excursions, or meals at either Palo or Remy. But, you can see those prices upfront when you make the reservations, so you will know going in what it will cost.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: