Quantcast Parking as a resort guest

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking as a resort guest

this will be the first year my family will have a car, usually we use Magical Express.
    I thought i read somewhere if you're staying on property, the hotel will give you a parking pass so you can drive to any of the parks and park free, but my friend said that wasn't true. Anyone know for sure?

also, can we drive to Downtown Disney, and to any of the resorts for dinner and park free?

thank you!

48 hours until i take that long 20 hour drive w/ a 2 1/2 year old! lol
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, if you are staying on site at a Disney resort, they will give you a parking pass. This pass will give you free parking at all the parks.

They do not charge parking at DTD or the resorts.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

On property is defined as Disney Owned and Operated resorts. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Sawn/Dolphin get free parking.

Other than that, I think you're fine. I wouldn't bother using a car on property though. I've had no trouble even with a little one. We were there up until the little one was about 2.

Post Thanks / Like

As for parking at the resorts, generally there is a time limit aside from the resort you personally are staying at.

Even though WDW transportation is very convenient, I don't find driving around very difficult at all. I usually dsrive about 75% of the time, and the decision is made based on our planned activities that day. (i.e. if all the adults are planning on drinking, we take the bus)

Also, I think if you are a AAA member I may have read about a special area of the parking lots you are eligible to park in. Don't know if that's only if you book through them.

Only charge for parking at DTD would be if there is still a valet parking, but that may have gone away when Pleasure Island did.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    As for parking at the resorts, generally there is a time limit aside from the resort you personally are staying at.
    Probably, or else people would park at the Contemporary to enter the Magic Kingdom. However, that said, the last time we ate at Chef Mickey's for an early breakfast, we did leave the car there for a couple of hours as we went somewhere else on the monorail. I know, we're bad. We're making up for it by actually staying at the Contemporary this next trip.

Oh, and we also parked at the Beach Club to get to a dinner reservation at Chefs de France. We knew we wouldn't make it on time any other way. After dinner, we looked at one or two pavilions, walked back over, and I was worried I would have a ticket or something. Nope. We've never done that before, and don't plan on doing it again.

Also, I think if you are a AAA member I may have read about a special area of the parking lots you are eligible to park in. Don't know if that's only if you book through them.
    It's called Diamond Parking, and if you get to the parks early, it doesn't make a difference. And nothing makes a big difference when you drive to the MK. You're still a long ways away from the TTC.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 Day Checkin?

I am confused..is there still a 10 day checkin?
    Is there an advantage to the 60 day checkin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    On property is defined as Disney Owned and Operated resorts. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Sawn/Dolphin get free parking.
    In fact, Swan/Dolphin resort guests don't even get free self parking at the Swan/Dolphin resort! The same is also true for the Downtown Disney resorts. Very sad, I say.

It has been a long time, but it was previously true that you had to book through AAA to use the diamond parking. Basically, when you are parking in the lot, the space at the very end of the row (near the tram stops). You still have the same walk/ride to the front gate, just less walking past the cars to get to/from the trams.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: