Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - February 27-March 15, 2013

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - February 27-March 15, 2013

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Wednesday pm, February 27, 2013
    The high today should top out around 71. That's a couple of degrees under what I said, but many of the models were showing highs of 77-78 today. The models don't handle this shallow cold air very well, which is why I think those showing low 60s for Sunday are completely wrong. Tomorrow should be 71-73, then 66-68 for Friday. Saturday the front pushes through. It could touch off isolated light showers, but no major rain. Saturday's high will be around 60. The low Sunday morning should be below freezing and the high will only be 50-52 with a strong north breeze that should keep the wind chill well down into the 30s. Monday expect the morning to start off, again, 30-32, but things will begin to warm up with a high 61-63. Tuesday should be back around 70-72. Scattered showers are possible Wednesday with the next front approaching. The high should make it to around 72 before the rain starts.

Long range...March 7-10 looks dry with highs in the low 70s for March 7 but then mid to upper 70s for March 8-10. Rain and thunderstorms arrive March 11. Due to a stalled front and several impulses from the Gulf, the afternoon models are showing rain and thunderstorms possible every day March 12-15 with highs in the low 70s. This is voodooland, though, and I would say that's only a remote possibility. We'll see what things look like tomorrow.

Travel Impact
    At 1:30 pm CST, Chicago is delayed due to snow and NYC due to high winds. For tomorrow, the best chance for a delay will be over PA, NY, NJ and most of New England.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no voodooland...it got worse!! Feb 12-16 not looking so good. Fingers crossed, toes crossed that it will get better!!

Post Thanks / Like

Voodooland can always cause a lot of anxiety, but remember, past 7 days the exact details of the models are useless, only the overall pattern. It looks like we'll have an active pattern, but exactly which days rain may happen and the temps that follow is still very much up in the air.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Voodooland can always cause a lot of anxiety, but remember, past 7 days the exact details of the models are useless, only the overall pattern. It looks like we'll have an active pattern, but exactly which days rain may happen and the temps that follow is still very much up in the air.
    Thanks Chris!! I'll keep checking back!

Post Thanks / Like

Mid 60's sounds fabulous for the 15th-18th! Just remember...you'll be surrounded by asphalt and concrete. That will up the temps a bit.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cass&KenziesMom View Post
    Mid 60's sounds fabulous for the 15th-18th! Just remember...you'll be surrounded by asphalt and concrete. That will up the temps a bit.
    While that's true, you're also in a fairly windy location surrounded by water, which tends to make the temps feel more extreme (water makes hot feel hotter and cold feel colder).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Will the historical temperatures for 2012 be added to the Intercot page soon? Just curious. I guess I could easily google it! Haha I just like my Disney info all in one place! Lol
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Will the historical temperatures for 2012 be added to the Intercot page soon? Just curious. I guess I could easily google it! Haha I just like my Disney info all in one place! Lol
    Not sure. I suppose I could go back and collect all of those. My schedule went crazy in 2012 and wasn't able to keep track of all of this historical data. We might resume for 2013. For the most part, 2012, across the board, was hotter and drier than normal for Orlando.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Not sure. I suppose I could go back and collect all of those. My schedule went crazy in 2012 and wasn't able to keep track of all of this historical data. We might resume for 2013. For the most part, 2012, across the board, was hotter and drier than normal for Orlando.
    I think it can be easily be found on the monthly page at accuweather.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trev&Ev Mom View Post
    I think it can be easily be found on the monthly page at accuweather.com
    You're correct in that you can get last year's temp data there, but not the rain or conditions data. Have to go through NOAA for that. The problem is not in collecting the data but in the way our website is designed and formatting it to get it all put in correctly. It's very time consuming and a big pain. So, trying to find an easier way to do it so that we can continue to update that information without it taking so long to do it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I know its voodoo land but here's hoping that forecast changes (especially for my birthday on the 19th) I'm traveling to Florida to escape the cold not to be a part of it!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicago to St. Louis?

Chris,
    Kinda short notice, but wondering what kind of travel weather to expect between Chicago and St. Louis tomorrow (Fri) and then back again on Sunday?
    Thanks!!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sainter View Post
    Chris,
    Kinda short notice, but wondering what kind of travel weather to expect between Chicago and St. Louis tomorrow (Fri) and then back again on Sunday?
    Thanks!!
    Looks like snow should move out of the Chicago area early tomorrow morning and no other issues between the two. Sunday looks like a cold rain. At the moment it seems the change over to snow will wait until late Sunday evening. While tomorrow doesn't look like a big deal, Sunday will definitely need to be watched.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Chris. You are awesome! The weather Sunday, maybe not so much. It is my son & friends driving... I will pray for just rain.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sainter View Post
    I will pray for just rain.
    On the latest models it still looks like the snow possibility won't come until late Sunday. I hope it stays that way!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who is looking at 24 plus inches of snow out my window right now, 60s/70s sound okay to me on the 18-21st, swimming with the dolphins on the 19th so hopefully it will be rain free. Thanks for the updates, I look everyday anytime I'm scheduled to go to Florida!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBarb View Post
    As someone who is looking at 24 plus inches of snow out my window right now, 60s/70s sound okay to me on the 18-21st, swimming with the dolphins on the 19th so hopefully it will be rain free. Thanks for the updates, I look everyday anytime I'm scheduled to go to Florida!
    If there was a LIKE button I would hit it right now! Just hoping there will be no more snow to delay the start of vacation time!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I am not willing to accept the voodooland forecast!!! I need the weather pattern to change back to low 80s. Oh well, can't control the weather.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. Great. Since i am due to arrive March 6th, that guarantees there will be snow and 30 degree temps at WDW that day!

Post Thanks / Like

What??? Snow flurries in Orlando in March??? High in the mid 30's on my Spring Break trip??? The only snow I thought Orlando gets is the soap flakes during MVMCP I guess I need to rethink my packing.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: