Quantcast Survivor: Caramoan (Fans v. Favorites) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, not surprised, if true.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the ads last night and it sure looks like something serious is going down.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I think my spoiler might be true. That was a different commercial last night during TAR than what they showed on the previews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Potential !

End of !
    If this is true, it's about time. He's getting on my last nerve.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done watching Survivor if they continue with the kind of show they had last night. I was so disgusted by Jeff letting Brandon run his foul mouth over and over. He had his team totally demoralized.

What does everyone think of this episode?

I give it ten thumbs down.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I'm done watching Survivor if they continue with the kind of show they had last night. I was so disgusted by Jeff letting Brandon run his foul mouth over and over. He had his team totally demoralized.

What does everyone think of this episode?

I give it ten thumbs down.
    That's the kind of drama we do not need, agreed. He was so unstable the first time, I'm still not happy that they invited him back. We all knew this kind of thing was going to happen. So glad he didn't hurt anyone, at least. I hope he gets some mental help. Everyone looked so uncomfortable.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly though, and I'm not condoning Brandon's behavior in any way, but he had a lot of good points. He and Phillip are both certifiably crazy. It's just that Brandon's crazy comes out in another way. It's obvious there are a lot of folks there who cared for Brandon's well being and are aware that the boy is unstable. I thought Jeff handled it as well as possible, knowing with the time bomb he was dealing with.

That said, HECK NO, I don't want any more episodes like that. It threw off the mojo of the show.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I found a little odd though? I actually found myself sort of rooting for/sticking up for Phillip. I mean I know he is crazy too but he walked away, he didn't try to make things worse where Brandon just kept hammering at it and stuff. Phillip actually gains a couple notches last night-granted he is still way down there but I thought he actually handled himself well.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to think Phillip was crazy. Now I think he's probably very sane and it's just his schtick. I imagine he's some real guy in the real world who always wanted to be on TV and he came up with this character he plays on Survivor, and it works for him there. He could be really crazy, but he's playing this character too well. With real mental health issues, there are cycles, breaks, highs, lows. Look at Brandon and his constant mood swings and contradictions of himself. But Phillip is solidly the same guy from minute to minute out there. It strikes me more as an illusion, a trick he's playing, than a delusion, that he honestly believes anything he's putting out there.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Sherri. I truly think Phillip is crazy. He flips out whenever someone questions his authority and he's totally delusional in his abilities. And remember last time when he supposed that racial slur? He's crazy. I agree he keeps it in better, but he knows when to throw out an insult and make things worse. And his digs were pretty cruel. He and Corrine came out looking horrible after 'tribal'. Everyone else, how sad! The girls were so distraught and the guys looked like they'd been so beat down. I'd love to hear exactly how everyone feels about it all.

l place a lot of the blame on the producers who put these two crazies together, probably full well knowing how it would play out.

Although, I'm seeing some folks say Brandon's is schtick too, saying that in no way was full out rage when he was dumping the rice and beans. Who knows...it is 'reality' tv, after all.

That said...Reynold. What a tool. I can't believe he found another idol, and really, just how hard do they even try to hide those things? It used to be such an process, with clue after clue, and now it seems like every one of them is snug in a tree trunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I used to think Phillip was crazy. Now I think he's probably very sane and it's just his schtick. I imagine he's some real guy in the real world who always wanted to be on TV and he came up with this character he plays on Survivor, and it works for him there. He could be really crazy, but he's playing this character too well. With real mental health issues, there are cycles, breaks, highs, lows. Look at Brandon and his constant mood swings and contradictions of himself. But Phillip is solidly the same guy from minute to minute out there. It strikes me more as an illusion, a trick he's playing, than a delusion, that he honestly believes anything he's putting out there.
    Sheri, thank you for putting into words the exact feelings about Phillip that I came away with this week.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    You know what I found a little odd though? I actually found myself sort of rooting for/sticking up for Phillip. I mean I know he is crazy too but he walked away, he didn't try to make things worse where Brandon just kept hammering at it and stuff. Phillip actually gains a couple notches last night-granted he is still way down there but I thought he actually handled himself well.
    I didn't see that at all. The digs on his kids (really, no one should go there) and patronizing Brandon for apologizing (what's wrong with that?) was low. He knows how Brandon is, and he egged it on.

ETA: It's obvious no one here agrees with me on Phillip. He's just a special brand of irritating to me, and I dislike him more than Brandon. Brandon I just feel sorry for. He's a product of a very, very messed up family. I hope he gets some help.

Post Thanks / Like

ETA: It's obvious no one here agrees with me on Phillip. He's just a special brand of irritating to me, and I dislike him more than Brandon. Brandon I just feel sorry for. He's a product of a very, very messed up family. I hope he gets some help.
    Not saying I like Phillip, and he was definitely a problem. I just don't think he's crazy. I think it's all calculated, for the most part, but I do think Brandon actually got under his skin. Except for his Brandon missteps, I do have to give Phillip credit for not breaking character in his season and a half so far, plus the aftershows-- if it is a character. I don't think he should win, and I'm not sure that's even a real goal for him. I think he wants to be memorable on TV.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Mel, do not get me wrong I do not like Phillip at all. I just think like Sheri that he is playing a part with enough conviction to possibly getting him to the finals again.
    As for Brandon if, and that's a big if, he truely is in real life any where close to what we are seeing on TV - he needs help. I feel very sorry for anyone who is as angry as he seems.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

And Phillip, as crazy as ever. I cringe when he goes on one of his tangents, to the point of it being unwatchable, it's so stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

So, what did everyone think of the blindside? I always enjoy a good blindside, and this one was no exception.

I will say that Malcolm better get it together quick, and get himself back on the majority side, or he's gone (regardless of the idol situation).

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't really know why, because I didn't particularly have any strong feelings one way or the other about Corrinne, but I really enjoyed watching her get the boot last night. I guess something about her attitude during the episode just rubbed me the wrong way, because I gave a mini-cheer when Jeff tossed her out.

Should be interesting to see where it goes from here. If they were smart, the less physically talented players would align and vote off the Malcolm/Reynold, etc. contingent and take control of the game.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If they were smart, the less physically talented players would align and vote off the Malcolm/Reynold, etc. contingent and take control of the game.
    I think they are already well on the way to doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are already well on the way to doing that.
    Agreed. Malcolm is on the wrong side of the numbers and I hope he scrambles out a plan. Dawn and Cochran are really controlling things out there, I think, and with Cochran calling Malcolm the "golden god" of the game last night, I can't imagine they will let him get much further, certainly not to the end. Unless Malcolm wins some more people over. I'm not sure Dawn and Cochran are on the radar for a lot of them right now as far as being threats. They seem to be distracted by crazy Phillip.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time for Phillip to go bye-bye

The head of the secret agents must be terminated sooner than later. He is one of a kind.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: