Quantcast Universal and IOA in one day? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Even paying around $87 for a 3 day rental plus at least two days of parking at The Hard Rock (excluding gas) will add up to more than taking a taxi to Hard Rock from MCO and then from Hard Rock to YC. The only draw back is that we wouldn't be able to go anywhere offsite if we take a taxi.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    Even paying around $87 for a 3 day rental plus at least two days of parking at The Hard Rock (excluding gas) will add up to more than taking a taxi to Hard Rock from MCO and then from Hard Rock to YC. The only draw back is that we wouldn't be able to go anywhere offsite if we take a taxi.
    There is so much to do on-site - at three resorts, two parks and CityWalk - you do not need to head offsite, especially for such a short trip. We had our car and ate dinner off-site one evening, but that was only because my husband had a work errand to run and we joined him. Otherwise, I would have never considered leaving the property.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

$87 for three days wouldn't be bad, but we would still have to add on the nightly fee for parking the car at HR and then add gas on top of that. Sounds like taking a cab would be about the same, if not a little cheaper. Of course, having a car in case we want to go somewhere else would be more convenient. I will just have to watch rates closer to our trip.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

A cab from MCO to the Hard Rock Hotel will be between 45 and 50 dollars including tip.

I agree...there is no need for a car while staying at Universal. There is no reason to leave the property.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

The kids are teenagers and want to do some off-site shopping this trip. We've never done that before, so we said we would make time this trip.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I am thinking about what everyone has suggested. I think the best thing to do (especially with Memorial Day traffic) is to take a cab to HR from MCO. Then get a rental car the day we leave to head to WDW. We could do our shopping, etc. on our way there. So, what car rental place is close by HR that I could drop off at WDW? I believe Alamo is at the Dolphin (which is right next door to the YC - where we are staying). Is there an Alamo near HR?
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Hertz is right in the lobby of the HR. You will need to call Hertz or go on their website to see where you can drop it off.

That is basically what you will have to do with whoever you decide to use. There are so many different pick up and drop off sites with all the car rental places. Plus, some of the companies charge you for picking up one place and dropping off at another, some even pick up for you. In order to get the most accurate price calling would be the best way to do that.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rental Car/Taxi

I keep going back and forth. I just don't want to have to worry about taking a taxi to go get a rental car or taking a taxi to our WDW resort when we return the rental car. That just sounds like too much effort. We might just rent a car through Alamo/National at MCO and return it at the Dolphin once we finally arrive WDW. I know that we will have to pay the $18 parking fee at HR, but maybe that will be worth the convenience of being able to come and go as we please and will also offset having to pay taxi tips and grocery deliver fees for delivery at WDW since we will be able to stop and get our own. Ugh. Too many options!! But I'm enjoying trying to figure it out.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I have been pricing many car rental companies and the best one I have found so far is National Car (Emerald Club). From MCO for 2 days, returning it at Dolphin (which is perfect because we are staying right next door at the YC) is a total of $156.56 for a midsize car. That is at least $50.00 cheaper than anything else I could find. And, hopefully once our trip is a little closer, I can add a coupon to that rate to bring it down even more. Any other suggestions on a cheaper rate?
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC