Quantcast Just got back

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Just got back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back

Hi Everyone,
    I just got back from a 5 night stay at Hard Rock Hotel with my two kids, age 18 and 22. We all had an awesome time, especially the 18 year old. This was the first time we've ever been to Universal and it was so much fun having new parks to explore. We thought the whole place was very charming. Staying on the grounds was wonderful. We loved the short walk to the parks and Citywalk. Our favorite rides were the coasters, Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey, Despicable Me, and the Simpsons ride. We had dinners at Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump's, The Kitchen twice (soooo goooood), and Pastamore. We were happy with all of our dinners. The food at the Kitchen was the best!! One night I had the Filet, and the other night I had the pork chop which was like a steak too. We also had the breakfast buffet on the morning we left. The staff here is so friendly and welcoming we just wanted to keep going back! The only unpleasant staff member I encountered the entire trip was the housekeeping person who answered the phone when I called to ask for toilet paper and a couple coffee pods because we didn't get room service that day. She made me feel like a criminal for asking for 2 coffee pods!! Crazy. When they come to clean your room they replenish the coffee pods so I don't see what was wrong with asking for 2 pods when we didn't have room service that day. Everyone else at the hotel made up for her though.

I felt terrible having to leave my husband behind on this trip, but he doesn't have as much vacation time yet as I do. So now we're planning our next trip which will be Disney again. I do think some day we will plan another Universal trip, but I think I'd add a day at Seaworld and maybe one for the beach. That would be a perfect vacation.
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip!

Isn't the express pass wonderful?? I could never do Universal without staying on-site. And, the convenience of how close the parks, hotel and city walk cannot be beat.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. IMO Universal and their hotels are still hidden gems that most Disney fans have not discovered yet.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sounded like you had a great time! We love Universal and I think the hotels there are very nice, they usually seem to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Great pools and service, too! When we stayed at Portofino last year they had complimentary ice water with lemons, and frozen fruits on a stick, italian ice- all free at the pool. Also huge bottles of sunscreen with pumps. Just nice, thougthful touches. We haven't tried Hard Rock yet but plan to next trip. My boys are teens now so they really enjoy the coasters. Thanks for reporting back.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Hard Rock also had the ice water with lemon slices at the pool. Not sure about sunscreen because I was just passing by from a distance but there were other things on the table, so maybe.

The express pass was fabulous.

I forgot to mention that we had a standard view room, but we ended up having a view of the nightly fireworks and a few palm tree tops which really made it a nice view. Glad I didn't pay more for a special view!
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you shared! I'm heading out for our first visit to Hard Rock with my kids (hubby staying home) and we are Disney Snobs. We are going with an open mind and happy to be able to get there! !!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Default First trip soon

We (me and DW) have our trip scheduled for mid-May now. Airfare paid, tickets bought (through Undercover Tourist), and hotel reservations at the Royal Pacific.

Sounds like it will be as great a time as we had last year for our return visit to DL - first time in 20 years! We loved how we could get a room just across the street from the plaza entrance. It was actually closer to the center of the plaza from our room than it was from our room to the bus stop at POR!
    Last edited by DryCreek; 02-14-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: uhmmm, it was a "bus stop", not a "bust stop".

Post Thanks / Like

We love Universal. The only thing we found with it is after you have been, long stays are not that great. We can go for an extended weekend now or sandwich the trip with Seaworld. That makes a perfect week long trip: US, IoA, SW, Aquatica.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: