Quantcast New Downtown Disney Plans... Again...Disney Springs - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that Downtown Disney (which I prefer over "Disney Springs") was meant to be shopping and restaurants, like Melanie mentioned. I'm always a little confused when people are disappointed that more/different shops and restaurants are coming. I get that there were a couple of clubs there that people liked. I can understand being disappointed that they're gone. Is that where the disappointment is coming from, that they're not returning or putting new clubs in? Otherwise, what am I missing?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I always thought that Downtown Disney (which I prefer over "Disney Springs") was meant to be shopping and restaurants, like Melanie mentioned. I'm always a little confused when people are disappointed that more/different shops and restaurants are coming. I get that there were a couple of clubs there that people liked. I can understand being disappointed that they're gone. Is that where the disappointment is coming from, that they're not returning or putting new clubs in? Otherwise, what am I missing?
    I would like to have something to do after the parks close, depending on what time of the year you go the parks they can sometimes close early. We've been on a trip in February before we had kids and all the parks were closed by 9, this was also after Pleasure Island closed. So I can understand the lack of a place to relax a little bit.

We have a plenty of shopping malls here, so adding more shopping just isnt that big of a deal to us.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    DTD originally started with the Marketplace, a venue for shops and restaurants... Then they decided to add Pleasure Island, a place where adults can go and enjoy nightlife... Pleasure Island was their answer to Church Street... Adults were leaving property to enjoy night life elsewhere...

Pleasure Island was a huge success, until Disney decided toddlers had to be their main audience.. So, they remove the gates, allowed families into the area, and sealed the deal for PI to sink... The disappointment comes from a lack of night life on property...

DTD has become an outdoor strip mall... What do they call these areas now, life style malls or something like that? The plan is ambitious since it remakes pretty much the entire DTD area, but at the same time, it is boring... Zzzzz to more restaurants and stores I can visit at my local mall...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    We have a plenty of shopping malls here, so adding more shopping just isnt that big of a deal to us.
    I have plenty of shopping options where I live as well, from low to very high end, but I still like to go and take a few hours to shop and enjoy Downtown Disney.

In fact, almost anything I can buy or eat at Disney I can get here in my area. What I like is I have so many options available to me in a concentrated space and I just hop on a monorail, boat or bus to get there. It is all part of the experience for me. I don't get a chance to just take the time and browse unless I'm on vacation.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    it is boring... Zzzzz to more restaurants and stores I can visit at my local mall...
    Not boring to me, as I really enjoy DTD. So again, IF these rumors are true, and they are looking to spruce the place up, I'm all for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Parking Garage I hate them. Ugly and a nightmare to navigate. Got cornered in one just this week when a genius parked in the lane and made a dead end . Had to do a very tight K turn while my DD made faces.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, as long as Cirque du Soleil and the AMC theater aren't affected, Disney can change whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the rumored new stores: Sephora...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

One of the rumored new stores: Sephora...
    The make up store? Kinda figured as much with disney new make up line...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    The make up store? Kinda figured as much with disney new make up line...
    Yep, someone released a list of vendors Disney was working with or trying to get on board for Downtown Disney, um, I mean Disney Springs Retirement Community (cause that is what this name reminds me of LOL)...

The leaked concept art (if it is REAL Disney concept art) shows what does amount to a lifestyle mall... Lots of water features, a bridge or two, some updates to the marina, and overhead coverings for shade...

Either rail road tracks or a train car jets out from Adventurers Club... BET and another club building looks like they are removed...

Here is a list that was leaked as to the vendors for DTD, some already there:

Apple
    Topshop/Topman
    Lego (already there)
    Uni QLO
    American Girl
    Coca-Cola (I'm guessing a coca-cola store???)
    Kiehl's
    Marvel (this is interesting, possibly a comic book store??? If this is the case there is only one real way to go for that JAY AND SILENT BOB'S SECRET STASH... end game!)
    DNA
    Dior
    Superdry (there is a word above it but the picture is very blurry)
    Marbles
    Make
    Paul Frank
    Jamie and Jack
    Cole Haan
    Coach
    Bershka
    Five
    New Balance
    The Edison
    Splitsville (already there)
    Argo tea
    Boathouse
    Shake Shack
    Temecula Olive Oil Company
    Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki bar
    Food Network (no idea)
    Powell's
    Raglan Road (already there)

There are more vendors on the list but again, the picture isn't so good so I cannot make a lot of them out... Doubtful all of them will be on board, there is limited space.. HOWEVER, they are also looking into an expansion down the line... So, who knows?

Oh and there are a few stores with generic Disney names: Walt's Place, Disney Burger (some people speculate this may wind up Burger 21 (and replace that Pollo chicken place, yea I keep forgetting the name and I'm too lazy too look it up right now LOL), Disney Character Dining, D-Tech,...

Post Thanks / Like

Could an announcement be coming tomorrow regarding this DTD expansion?????? I think we have to tune in and see....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and there are a few stores with generic Disney names: Walt's Place, Disney Burger (some people speculate this may wind up Burger 21 (and replace that Pollo chicken place, yea I keep forgetting the name and I'm too lazy too look it up right now LOL), Disney Character Dining, D-Tech,...
    That would be "Pollo Campero". Anyone looking for a direct translation, well, i'm not sure. "Pollo" is Chicken. "Campo" is field. A "Campero" would be someone who lives/spends a lot of time in a field. So, "Free Range Chicken" maybe?

In any case, when I lived in Central America 20 years ago, Pollo Campero was huge. Not surprised to see them in the states at this point. Basically a latin american KFC.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we always seem to gravitate to DTD for one afternoon or evening of every trip. We go for two stores; the big emporium and the pin station...and that's it. Earl of Sandwich is good, and we recently tried Portabello and liked it but really DTD just kinda bores me.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    That would be "Pollo Campero". Anyone looking for a direct translation, well, i'm not sure. "Pollo" is Chicken. "Campo" is field. A "Campero" would be someone who lives/spends a lot of time in a field. So, "Free Range Chicken" maybe?

In any case, when I lived in Central America 20 years ago, Pollo Campero was huge. Not surprised to see them in the states at this point. Basically a latin american KFC.
    Yes, that's the name of it...

Didn't care much for the place to be honest... When I tried it, I thought it was rather blah, nothing to get excited over... And the place was pretty dead, but I also went a little earlier that dinner time so that could have been a good reason...

As for today's announcement, the announcement was scheduled for this morning but the weather in central Florida is not cooperating, so they may delay...

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't care much for the place to be honest... When I tried it, I thought it was rather blah, nothing to get excited over... And the place was pretty dead, but I also went a little earlier that dinner time so that could have been a good reason...
    I can't even remember what it's like. I'm not about to go to the one at DTD. When i'm at WDW, I want to take advantage of all the great dining option. Pollo Campero is at the bottom of that list (as was McDonalds when it was there). Why in the world would I have a meal at Pollo Campero, when Earl of Sandwich is almost next door? And Bollos?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even remember what it's like. I'm not about to go to the one at DTD. When i'm at WDW, I want to take advantage of all the great dining option. Pollo Campero is at the bottom of that list (as was McDonalds when it was there). Why in the world would I have a meal at Pollo Campero, when Earl of Sandwich is almost next door? And Bollos?
    Agreed with Earl... I always get Earl the day I arrive, and a few times during the stay... My friend and I felt like trying Pollo's one night and regretted it afterward LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I hope DTD gets a Trader Sams!

I miss AC so much but Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar looks awesome
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...l/trader-sams/

And I love the thought of getting my Kungaloosh back
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...nted-tiki-bar/
    Curiouser and curiouser....Alice in Wonderland
    TTFN-Ta Ta For Now ... Winnie the Pooh :)

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see them put an adult area back into DD. I loved Pleasure Island and went there often. Mannequins was my home away from home when I was a CM. Now I will have to go into Orlando or Universal for night clubs.

With that said I am all for turning the Westside into more trendy shops and name brands. I think the Disney shops belong over in the Marketplace.

From what I have seen of the plans for DD I like it. What I don't like is the name change. Dowtown Disney just has the name that you recognize, and its not that hard to figure out what it is.
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

An American Girl store makes a lot of sense. The stores in Chicago and NYC were busy when I visited them with my daughter. She'd love to visit one in WDW.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Campero means "un-sheltered" or "out in the open" so "Free-Range Chicken" might be a pretty good translation.

But I'm thinking it's more like "Yard-BIrd"
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!