Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
Great idea! I need all the encouragement I can get! This meet is totally my motivation to hit the gym!

I'm training for the 5k. So far it's going pretty well. I'm using the couch to 5k app, and I really like it so far. I'm a total newbie. I have wanted to lose some weight for a while, so this is awesome.
Hi Dopey’s Girl,

I don’t know where in St. Paul you reside, but I just wanted to mention that the Running Room at Grand Ave. and Lexington has a run club that is open to the public. They meet on Wednesdays at 6:00 PM and Sundays at 8:30 AM. Running with a group makes a world of difference when training for an event. It makes it so much more enjoyable.

This time of year, at least on Wednesdays it’s just your hard core runners, but in the next month or so that should start to change.

They also have clinics during the week that are designed to help new runners with their training. Stop and talk to them and they will be happy to talk to you about what they have.

Every one there including the hard core’s are very supportive and will be more than happy to help you along your journey.

Also I have heard a little bit about a training group associated with Jeff Galloway (the official Run Disney trainer) that is starting on March 6th at 6:00 PM and is meeting at Minneapolis Washburn High School. There is a fee for this but it could be very informative.

Good luck and Happy running.