Quantcast Training Check-in/Encouragement Thread - Page 21

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big hair

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Minnie View Post
    That is really cute! I must admit though that I haven't had any luck with the bondibonds. They fall right off my head after just a few minutes. Do you have a secret for getting it to stay?
    I think my curls and possibly a misshapen head may be the reason they stay on.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    I think my curls and possibly a misshapen head may be the reason they stay on.
    I tried to wear mine again today and again had no luck. Clearly, I am the one with the problematic head I guess I will have to continue my search for something to hold back my hair.

Post Thanks / Like

The continuing saga of my Dopey training. A sad and sorry tail at the moment.

First of all – sorry that it has been so long since my last update. There have been a few developments and I was waiting for some resolution before posting, but I shall wait no longer.

A few weeks after my last update in September, I developed some stiffness in my right heel / foot. At first it was very slight and as I warmed up during my run things loosened up and I was ok. The next run it stayed stiff a little longer, but loosened up after a few minutes. Buy the third run it was starting to get painful, more than just stiff, so I stopped running and rested it for a week. Unfortunately it remained sore, so I promptly took myself off to the physio. Initially she suspected Achilles tendonitis, and we spent a few weeks doing some strengthening exercises and stretches. Unfortunately after about 6 weeks I was still unable to run on it, so the physio referred me to a sports doctor.

The sports doctor’s initial assessment was bursitis, and he booked me in for an ultrasound to confirm and administer a cortisone injection. By this stage I was getting pretty down about the amount of training I had missed. The prognosis for bursitis was good – the doctor felt that the cortisone injection should get me back to running in a week or so. Unfortunately, the ultrasound showed nothing wrong with my bursa and no obvious tendon damage. I was pretty upset by this stage getting pretty down about the amount of training I had missed. A sore foot with a problem still undiagnosed. I felt like my Dopey goal slipping away. Not only that, but perhaps the prospect of running any of the races that weekend.

Next thing to rule out is a bone fracture, so the doctor sent me off for a bone scan – complete with a delightful radio-pharmaceutical injection (I was thinking I might end up glowing in the dark, but I didn’t). That was Tuesday, and I’m now waiting for the doctor to call back with the results. I really don’t know if it is a fracture, it doesn’t feel like one. However, there was definitely something different between my left and right heels on the screen during the scan. In the meantime, the doctor has given me a prescription anti inflammatory, which frustratingly work so well that my foot feels normal. I feel like I could go out and run but I know I’m still injured, and I don’t want to make things worse.

I have tried to keep my strength and cardio up as much as I can for the past 9 week without running (swimming, water jogging and seeing a personal trainer). But I suspect things are getting a bit late for me to be ready to run in January. Pending the outcome of the scan, I may not be able to run at all. I’m pretty down about it all right now. I have worked so hard to reach this goal, and was doing so well. I have never stuck to a physical goal they way I have for the WDW marathon weekend.

I considered cancelling the trip – but I am not beaten yet. I have my fingers crossed that whatever the outcome of the scans, I can at least get to the start line for the 5k and 10k – even if I have to power walk them (which was pretty much my plan anyway for the Dopey). I’m still praying that by some miracle I can do all four races, but it’s a long shot. I’m not concerned about times – just want to finish, even if I take the full 7 hours for the full. Maybe I’m dreaming, but it is a hard dream to let go of.

I’ll keep you updated with the outcome of the scan. I really just want to be part of the Marathon Weekend after all the work I’ve put in.
    Michael ºoº

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walk? Still crossing finish line

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
    I considered cancelling the trip – but I am not beaten yet. I have my fingers crossed that whatever the outcome of the scans, I can at least get to the start line for the 5k and 10k – even if I have to power walk them (which was pretty much my plan anyway for the Dopey). I’m still praying that by some miracle I can do all four races, but it’s a long shot. I’m not concerned about times – just want to finish, even if I take the full 7 hours for the full. Maybe I’m dreaming, but it is a hard dream to let go of. .
    You've worked so hard and I know you're frustrated. Don't despair. You will still be there. You'll still finish (if the Dr gives his go-ahead of course). I'll still cheer for you! Chin up and I'm hoping for good news from Doctor.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I hope the results are positive. And I hope you can get some running in at the event.

Let us know what the final results are...if you don't mind. Interesting. It came on at once? And gradually got worse? OUCH!

Stay positive!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:
    The good news is there is no bony stress reaction/fracture. But the scan does show mild changes around the calcaneal tuberosity (the bone at the back of the heel) consistent with mild Achilles enthesitis (enthesitis is inflammation of the tendon to bone attachment). More strengthening exercises for me. Fingers crossed.
    Michael ºoº

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Michael. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and are back on the road soon.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relieved

UPDATE:
    The good news is there is no bony stress reaction/fracture. But the scan does show mild changes around the calcaneal tuberosity (the bone at the back of the heel) consistent with mild Achilles enthesitis (enthesitis is inflammation of the tendon to bone attachment). More strengthening exercises for me. Fingers crossed.
    So glad you finally have a diagnosis you can work with. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, Michael!

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: More strengthening exercises for me. Fingers crossed.
    Now you have a plan! GOOD LUCK on your recovery and training too!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Weeks - 28 days, etc, etc.

The 5K #runICOT crew will be representing during the run. Did you guys see the posted picture on the runDisney website?

The waivers are out there as well.

ARE YOU READY?

TBH - I have my outfit all ready. I've "tested" my outfit on long runs. It matches my runICOT tech shirt. Which is really big on me now. But that may be good in case I have to wear something under due to weather.

Here's the course map for 5K and 10K I'm sure the runners we will be supporting will have their courses up too. I think Mel said we were cheering at Boardwalk. Now I have to find a way to get a cool runICOT sign past security!

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...4/10K5KMap.pdf
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

The 5K #runICOT crew will be representing during the run. Did you guys see the posted picture on the runDisney website?

ARE YOU READY?

TBH - I have my outfit all ready. I've "tested" my outfit on long runs. It matches my runICOT tech shirt. Which is really big on me now. But that may be good in case I have to wear something under due to weather.

Here's the course map for 5K and 10K I'm sure the runners we will be supporting will have their courses up too. I think Mel said we were cheering at Boardwalk. Now I have to find a way to get a cool runICOT sign past security!

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...4/10K5KMap.pdf
    I'm so far behind. I have no idea what I'm wearing and it dawned on me this week that I better buy something new. I don't want to be seen in my current ratty workout wear. I also forgot to order my runICOT shirt. Maybe I can find something in the same green.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I'm so far behind. I have no idea what I'm wearing and it dawned on me this week that I better buy something new. I don't want to be seen in my current ratty workout wear. I also forgot to order my runICOT shirt. Maybe I can find something in the same green.

I hear you.

I need some new running capris... mine are barely hanging on! We did not get the runICOT shirts either, but I do have a green underarmor that looks pretty close!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I got some new running capris at Old Navy on black Friday that I really like. Hope you all can find some new gear that you like during holiday sales!

I'm planning on black capris (with purple accents of course), #runICOT shirt and my silver glittery Minnie ear headband.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I got some new running capris at Old Navy on black Friday that I really like. Hope you all can find some new gear that you like during holiday sales!

I'm planning on black capris (with purple accents of course), #runICOT shirt and my silver glittery Minnie ear headband.
    We'll be quite a pair. I have a pink bow minne ear headband!
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I went MIA again for a bit. Michael, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm glad it's not as serious of an injury as it could've been.

Our training was slightly derailed when my DH suffered a bad back spasm a few weeks ago. He has degenerative disc disease and actually had back surgery 6 years ago to have some bulging discs sliced off. He was pushing a bit too hard with training and just being overconfident with how great he's been feeling and I think this put too much stress on his back. Recent Xrays show a bit of arthritis starting in his back (he's only 30). His doc said he really needs to take it easy with the running and consider transitioning to biking, swimming, etc. due to his condition. He is feeling much better and we are still doing the 10K but this will probably be the longest race we do. We did a 5K last weekend and he felt good, but better safe than sorry.

Looking at the course and realizing how close it's getting is lighting a fire under me and scaring me back into focus. This is a hard time. Thanksgiving, followed by my birthday, followed by holiday parties, Christmas etc. So much good food, overindulging, and bad habits!!! And I've been fighting Plantar Facitis in BOTH feet so I've let myself slack off. But I want to enjoy the second half of the race as we pass through the park and resorts. I don't want to be a huffy puffy mess. I had thought about getting a Minnie tutu, but I waited a bit too long. For the ones I was looking at that were halfway decent, they need at least a week to make them custom to you. At this point, with Christmas coming up, followed by new years, I don't want to have to pay extra for rush delivery. Plus I've never worn one so I don't know if I will like the feeling. I'm very particular about that sort of thing. I will probably just wear my runICOT tee, leggings, and Minnie ears. Maybe a Minnie fanny pack someone once gave me as a joke... I have to do a test run and see how it feels.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 weeks

I'm so ready to get out of this cold. Training is HARD when its this cold.

I'm thinking about signs for our runICOT team. NEON GREEN of course to match our team shirts.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

ARE YOU READY?
    I may have missed it (a distinct possibility with how scatterbrained I've been lately), but is there a planned place/time to meet up with others running the race(s)? I know the cheering section is all set, but are runners meeting up in the starting area? Or are we just winging it?
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygoofball View Post
    I may have missed it (a distinct possibility with how scatterbrained I've been lately), but is there a planned place/time to meet up with others running the race(s)? I know the cheering section is all set, but are runners meeting up in the starting area? Or are we just winging it?

Hmmm. Well, I'm guessing we didn't approach this since everyone will likely be in different corrals? And there are SO MANY corrals this year. We can certainly designate a place if there is enough interest.

We are meeting up before the 5K near the Information tent for a group picture and to go to the starting line together as a group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We are meeting up before the 5K near the Information tent for a group picture and to go to the starting line together as a group.
    Well, that's helpful! What general time is everyone meeting? - I'll definitely look for everyone (the #runicot shirts should help!). How is the 10K set up? I have my corral placement for the 1/2 and full marathon (corral i, anyone else with me?), but I wasn't sure what the deal was for the 10k. Do they have corrals, or just a mass start?
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: