Quantcast First Night Stay- Arriving Late

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Night Stay- Arriving Late

We are flying in late Friday in a couple weeks. We won't land until at least 10:30pm so by the time we get our bags, car, etc. I would guess we won't be checking in until Midnight at the earliest. We are checking in to CS in the morning.

I need to find a place and was thinking of one of the good neighbor DTD hotels. Reason being they seem to be cheaper than the values (seeing $140 and up for that night) and we know how to get to DTD without getting lost. I told my husband last thing I want to do at the end of the long day and late flight is to be driving around unfamiliar Orlando area looking for this place.

Any recommendations? I looked it Wyndham and it was under $100. Literally we just need a place to sleep for 7ish hours.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What we've done in the past is stayed right at the airport in the hotel. It is pricey but it saved us on the rental car so I looked at it that way. Or we've just bit the bullet and added another night to our stay that way if I have the energy to unpack when we get there we start the next day off ready to go.

Would you be willing to use priceline, I know you don't want to be driving around trying to find your hotel but it could be a great price savings. We also bring our portable GPS from home to help with finding locations.

Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I could check there. We are renting a car anyway- my husband does not like waiting for busses unfortunately so we always get one. I do have a GPS device, too I just figured it might be easier to go where we are familiar. I looked at the airport hotel but it was quoting $170 for the night before tax.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed at a value in those situations. There is something wonderful about driving on to property a night early! We drive so it's exciting to wake the kids just as we are going through the "gates".
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the Downtown Disney hotels are very nice, and the price is right. None of them are hard to find, and in the morning, you're right where you want to be.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

In 2009 we drove to Florida and booked a family suite at the Seralago for 1 night. Granted its not Disney but it was priced right and in the morning we got up and headed to the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Most of the Downtown Disney hotels are very nice, and the price is right. None of them are hard to find, and in the morning, you're right where you want to be.
    This was a long time ago, back in 2006 I think. We arrived in Disney around 2am, drove up to the royal plaza hotel at downtown disney, and got a room for one night. It was something like $170. That was way more than what a value cost at that time. Maybe it depends on time of year.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at both the Royal Plaza and the Doubletree in Downtown Disney on trips where we were able to make the drive in one day and greatly enjoyed each of these stays and would recommend them both.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Royal Plaza and it was fine. Price was reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Drive past WDW on 192, as soon as you get into "town", look for Knights Inn on the right. Its right across the street from Ramada. Its more like a little mom & pop type of motel. Costs less than $50/ nite, w/ a free continental bfast. Very close to the World.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed sat a DoubleTree by the airport when we flew in late. It was close and perfectly fine for one night...and reasonable. When you are making your decision, be sure to check the hotel for resort fees and parking fees. They can take a great deal and make it not so hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how this would workout price wise for you but you might want to look at hopping ME and just booking CS for that night, pick up your car at the car care center the following day (they're open until 6) rather than the airport. When I was down earlier a few weeks ago Alamo was running a one-way FL special of $19.95 per day using their Insiders Club. If it's still running you could use the car savings to offset the higher hotel rate and wake up at CS ready to go. It would also save you the time of picking up a rental that late at night.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We usually drive down, arrive early to late evening. We like to swim and have a late dinner.

We've stayed at Doubletree DTD and the Hilton DTD. Both are okay, nothing fantastic. The rooms at the Hilton are tiny but the restaurants on-site are good/decent.

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Marabella Palm Parkway. For our next trip, we are considering the Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway. It seems to get good reviews on Tripadvisor. The area is safe and very close to the DTD hotels.
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I ended up finding a studio at a Marriott Vacation Club resort nearby for $85 (including tax)! I thought that was a great deal for the night.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: