Quantcast Plan for 1st New Fantasyland Visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What should I do on my one day visit to MK in May, having never seen New Fantasyland?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do all of the new stuff first and then fit in whatever of the park I can later.

54 72.00%
  • Tour like normal and work in the new stuff, maybe cutting out some new things.

21 28.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Plan for 1st New Fantasyland Visit

So vote up above and tell me in the comments what you think I should do.

Hit New Fantasyland first thing, do Belle, Little Mermaid, eat at Be Our Guest when it opens, check out Gaston's Tavern and Storybook Circus and then begin touring the rest of the park when I'm done, likely after 1pm, knowing that I'll likely have to cut out a few favorites for time.

OR

Just do a normal balanced tour of the park and work in the new stuff as I can, realizing I may not be able to see quite as much of New Fantasyland as fresh and relaxed as possible.

BEAR IN MIND that I only have ONE DAY for Magic Kingdom, it's a one day visit and probably won't be back for a year or two. (Pains me, indeed.) Thoughts??
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At least for the first year or two of it being open, I would definitely hit New Fantasyland first thing and HOPE to get everything in before the crowds make it impossible.

I would also hope for morning EMH to further help out on this quest.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

HRMM interesting. I of course want to visit the new fantasyland so bad but I'm afraid it's going to cramp our style. A lot of the time we head over to Tomorowland first but I'm so afraid that it's going to be so busy and we won't get to experience any of the new things (i.e. midway mania fp running out almost immediately).
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Was there last Thursday. Not much new to see that's going to slow you down, except maybe character meets and belle's story time. Took less than 10 minutes to see little mermaid, short line for dumbo, and walkon barnstormer.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

If Enchanted Tales with Belle is something on the to see list, I'd hit that first, then hit up Peter Pan's Flight, then go back and hit Journey Under the Sea.
    When you wish upon a star...You get to go to Disney World
    Katie's Trips to Disney-
    WDW Trips: 245 times
    DL Trips: 4 times

Stopped counting since January 2012 when we moved to "the world"!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5..._as=subscriber

Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky enough last year to hit the soft opening of the New Fantasy Land last October. We waited 45 minutes to get into Mermaid so I would suggest hitting the New FantasyLand first then work your way around the rest of the park. That is our game plan this December
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and i just tackled this situation. We arrived at park opening and went straight to Fantasyland. Spent about 4 hours there, incuding lunch at BoG. After that we hit some of our favorites before heading to Epcot for the evening.
    I think curiosity will compel most disney veterans to start with the new attractions. So don't torture yourself. See the new things first. You should still have plenty of time for your other MK favorites later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

I chose to see all of New Fantasyland based by the amount of visits you've had. We are in a similar situation this year, having been many times, and will be heading down this fall. I think visitors like us are at an advantage, because we can take it slow and take it all in, knowing we've experienced a lot of what the other parks and DTD has to offer. So I say take the empty bench and enjoy the architecture. Do new experiences/attractions twice looking for something new each experience. Whatever you chose to do, have a great time!
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I would head to Philharmagic, get a fast pass for Mermaid, go on Little Mermaid, go to see Belle, get in line for BoG. Even if you don't want a meal, the soups are great. Then check out all the details in the new Fantasyland.

Now that we have seen it all - twice- I won't rush back. With no little kids Belle's story time won't happen when the lines are long. Love the details but not on my have to do list.

Little Mermaid is worth a couple times around so you can take in all the fun details.

And BoG is so wonderfully done - love it even though the food wasn't that special.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Even if you don't want a meal, the soups are great.
    Hehe. That's EXACTLY what we plan to do. Brave the line for like an hour and then just order soup and take a bazillion pictures.

I'm really most excited to walk around with a giant pork shank from Gaston's.

Most commenters (a some checks of the usual wait times) have me pretty convinced I'm going to hit Belle, Undersea, Dumbo, and Be Our Guest in one fell swoop in the morning, maybe only taking a break to grab Peter Pan fastpasses. There will be enough time in the afternoon to see just about everything else I'd "need" to see if we use Fastpass wisely.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely don't go out of your way or change plans based on new fantasyland. There's really not that much there. From my experience the mermaid ride doesn't seem to have much of a line and the belle thing which I've never done seems to be 30-45min each time. Don't know if its worth the wait. As far as BOG goes I had a dinner ADR but the CMs there seemed to be really accommodating to walk-ups. Best atmosphere I've ever been in for dinner.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

As already said, there is not that much new. You should be able to see the new Fantasyland and do everything in the MK as you usually do. We did it with no problem.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Default new stuff first

Our plan is to try the new stuff first, just in case we can't make the old stuff, but we are also going around the 4th of July weekend, so I know it will be hot and crowded. My plan is to go to Fantasyland first thing one day, and maybe try and do the mountains another morning (or maybe during Extra Magic Hours). Enjoy!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

DEFINITELY would recommend hitting Enchanted Tales with Belle FIRST thing in the morning, if it's on your list at all. The lines stack up fast and don't let up. It doesn't have very high capacity. After that, it doesn't matter as much. But get to Belle early!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'd go to New Fantasyland first. Knock out Belle and then do Mermaid ... you should be out of there pretty quickly.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    Was there last Thursday. Not much new to see that's going to slow you down, except maybe character meets and belle's story time. Took less than 10 minutes to see little mermaid, short line for dumbo, and walkon barnstormer.
    We were in and out of there in no time. I thought it was a lot bigger with more to do, but it was just enough. Mermaid ride was cute ( I just thought they would have made it look more underwater), but again it's fine. In the eyes of a child it looks very cool.. All the little ones were in aww of it so that means Disney got it right.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that this definitely isn't your first time to the world - do see the new stuff. And if you can't get ressies for dinner at the new castle - do lunch there. It is worth the experience. Then you can go back and say "Oh - I did that or I saw that".
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We've been twice and actually there isn't that much new stuff. We have toured as usual and have not found it difficult to fit the new things in.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: