Quantcast Town Car Service MCO to WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Town Car Service MCO to WDW

I'm looking for referrals on a town car service from MCO to the resorts. If anyone has had a gat experience with a particular company, I'd love to hear about it. We've done DME in the past but this trip we want to arrive and depart on our schedule in order to maximize our time in the parks.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quicksilver (Intercot sponsor) has been excellent in my experience. The only other company I have tried was okay, but it was several years ago so I couldn't speak about their service now.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We've used Quicksilver on multiple occasions, and really liked them. A quick trip to the grocery store is included in the price. We stopped and picked up bottled water and a few light snacks. Our driver was always prompt and the car was very clean.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We used Quicksilver to go from MCO to Universal, and then from RPR to POR on our last trip. They were excellent. Timely and professional. We had seven in our party and used the van. I've recommended them to others.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

For those who have used Quicksilver, I've read some pretty bad reviews online from those who've used their service. Has anyone used them recently, within the last year and had any concerns?

I see that they do not require a credit card to hold the reservation. Do they call you at anytime before you arrive or while your at the airport to confirm?

When it says "free 30 min stop," where do they typically stop?
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    For those who have used Quicksilver, I've read some pretty bad reviews online from those who've used their service. Has anyone used them recently, within the last year and had any concerns?

I see that they do not require a credit card to hold the reservation. Do they call you at anytime before you arrive or while your at the airport to confirm?

When it says "free 30 min stop," where do they typically stop?
    If at all possible could you send me the links form those bad reviews you have read. In all of the websites I advertise (and elsewhere too) I can only find 99% of good reviews. The only website with bad ones I've seen where posted by my own competitors.
    Obviously we are not free of bad reviews (we have transported over 20,000 families since opening our business in 2001) but the overwhelming majority of past clients only sing our praises and recommend us.
    These links might help us know what actually happened (if at all true) and fix the problem. Also, I've read in the past reviews from people that haven't used us at all and were disgruntled to be charged a cancellation or no show fee for failing to cancel in time (48hours BTW).

Oh, and to answer your questions.
    Reservations are made online; you'll then receive our official confirmation email.

Payment is made directly to your driver upon arrival at your first destination (cash or credit).

We usually stop at Publix, our local supermarket.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been using Quicksilver for our trips since about 2006 (as recently as March) and have been very pleased. The drivers have always been prompt and courteous, and we've gotten great service! My last trip I was by myself going from WL to the airport. The driver got out of the car and the first thing he wanted to know was where my boys and DH were, just was a nice touch.

One time years ago our flight was delayed out of Newark by more than 2 hours which put us in Orlando well after midnight. Gregory called to let me know they were watching the flight and a driver would be there for us. That piece of mind was priceless.

Personally I've become very wary of online reviews of smaller companies. You don't know who is writing them, good or bad and you don't know both sides of the story.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We've been using Quicksilver for our trips since about 2006 (as recently as March) and have been very pleased. The drivers have always been prompt and courteous, and we've gotten great service! My last trip I was by myself going from WL to the airport. The driver got out of the car and the first thing he wanted to know was where my boys and DH were, just was a nice touch.

One time years ago our flight was delayed out of Newark by more than 2 hours which put us in Orlando well after midnight. Gregory called to let me know they were watching the flight and a driver would be there for us. That piece of mind was priceless.

Personally I've become very wary of online reviews of smaller companies. You don't know who is writing them, good or bad and you don't know both sides of the story.
    Hi Lynn,

Thanks a lot for the nice words and for being such a faithful client.

I've received the links you've sent me and as I suspected most reviews are from people whom indeed never even used our services and complained about paying cancellation/no show fees. Sad but true.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking time to respond to the thread, Gregory! And thanks for your support of Intercot!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I used Quicksilver this past October. Our driver was great, we stopped at a grocery store, don't recall which one, no problem at all.

He met us in Baggage Claim and we grabbed or bags and were off!!

No complaints here!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Quicksilver on a number of occasions. There service has been professional and prompt.

Also, keep in mind folks, that Intercot continues to be a resource to all of us because companies like Quicksilver sponsor this site. We continue to do our part to support Intercot by supporting this site's sponsors!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Quiksilver many times and have had no issues and are planning to use them again this July. They are always prompt and waiting in baggage claim. We have also used the grocery stop - very convenient! Use Quiksilver - you will not be sorry
    9/72 - Poly
    9/89,2/92, 5/97 - CBR
    4/01 - Honeymoon CBR
    4/02,8/02 - CBR
    8/04- CBR - DDs 1st trip
    8/05 - Back to Poly!
    8/06 -1st time Poly GVC - DHs 40th
    8/07 - Poly LVC!!!
    8/08, 7/09,7/10, 10/11, 7/12, 7/13, 7/14- WL CL

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I used Quicksilver to get from CBR to Universal in October. We were very pleased. They were prompt and very kind.

Post Thanks / Like

We use Quicksilver each and every trip. Even know our driver (same one every time but once). Last trip he even commented on how the kids had grown. Before they were a sponsor we used them, and I get nothing for this obviously. We stop every time at grocery store, and timeliness back/forth never an issue. They even get the beverage I like for the car ride (we limo) every time!
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Thanks for taking time to respond to the thread, Gregory! And thanks for your support of Intercot!!
    My pleasure! Almost 10 years and counting...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Lynn View Post
    I used Quicksilver this past October. Our driver was great, we stopped at a grocery store, don't recall which one, no problem at all.

He met us in Baggage Claim and we grabbed or bags and were off!!

No complaints here!
    Thanks! Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: