Quantcast DLR Attractions Closed Due to Violations - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    This is a problem with the culture.
    ALL of Disney's current problems are cultural problems. There is such a massive divide between the suits and the front-line CM's that it's amazing anyone in a guest-facing role bothers making anything above the minimal efforts.

The entire culture at Disney is corporate suit, profits above all else, appease Wall Street at all costs. There is zero emphasis on maintaining good show, guest experience, and (it appears) even safety has taken a backseat to profits.

Time for a new CEO and a complete and total house-cleaning.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Honestly, this is one of my fears with airline safety.
    Mel, I bought my home last year from a guy who was a maintenance supervisor for USAirways. This guy left in burned out light bulbs, did not know that the front door key opened the door from the garage to the house and did not bother to change the battery on the garage door opener. He said at closing that he was not sure why the opener didn't work and I should buy a new one. Purchased a $5 battery and voila, the opener worked. I made sure I had a thorough inspection from an inspector who was also a structural engineer prior to purhase as I wanted to make sure there weren't larger issues (there weren't, thankfully).

I think about that when contemplating which airline to take to Florida .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ALL of Disney's current problems are cultural problems. There is such a massive divide between the suits and the front-line CM's that it's amazing anyone in a guest-facing role bothers making anything above the minimal efforts.

The entire culture at Disney is corporate suit, profits above all else, appease Wall Street at all costs. There is zero emphasis on maintaining good show, guest experience, and (it appears) even safety has taken a backseat to profits.

Time for a new CEO and a complete and total house-cleaning.
    Ian, this is the culture of the vast majority of companies, not just Disney. The odds are slim that they could find a new CEO who would not put Wall Street first before all else.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO is down to cost cutting, the bosses will say they are for safety but encourage an atmosphere of doing as little as possible. This would include safety checks. When employees report such things they will be treated as trouble makers. Since most don't make much money they don't want to bother fighting the system. The problem for the employees is that they sign off on the paperwork, the company gets a pass because it is now the employee's fault for not doing their job. I saw this same thing on my job and I used to work for a school dist. Eventually it will catch up with them but rarely are the people responsible held accountable.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    Eventually it will catch up with them but rarely are the people responsible held accountable.
    The dancers change but the song remains the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Mel, I bought my home last year from a guy who was a maintenance supervisor for USAirways. This guy left in burned out light bulbs, did not know that the front door key opened the door from the garage to the house and did not bother to change the battery on the garage door opener. He said at closing that he was not sure why the opener didn't work and I should buy a new one. Purchased a $5 battery and voila, the opener worked.
    Sounds like when we bought our house. It was a short sale, so many things were not going to be fixed. We were told the AC didn't work, turned out all it needed was a simple thermostat replacement.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Space Mountain will be closed until 5/28.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't the least bit surprised when I read this article. If you've been backstage, you know some of the unsafe and unsanitary conditions CMs have to encounter.

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE keep us updated on when these attractions re-open! We have a trip booked for August and I really hope they don't have them still closed at that time. How long are the estimating their closure?
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Space Mountain will be closed until 5/28.
    ...at DisneyLAND.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if some of the information I have just been reading is true, and I have no reason not to believe it, then Disney definitely is committed to safety and went above and beyond what is currently being asked of them. It seems that many of the closures from last weekend were more "self-imposed" to make sure that the safety of their workers was being addressed. Although their rides are grandfathered into the new fall protection standards, it seems they have taken the position that they will do what is necessary to meet those new standards.
    One unfortunate casualty it seems is Space Mountain which has many more issues than some of the other rides with regards to open platforms.
    Having worked in New Jersey all these years, California is seen as our model for the state run safety programs since they run ahead of even OSHA in many respects. That is why the duplicate rides in Florida are not getting the same attention as their Cali counterparts.
    I am glad to have now gotten the whole story on these events.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's hoping they come up with safe resolves in a timely manner. I am always dissapointed when a ride is sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know if any (and which) of these attractions have re-opened yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Having worked in New Jersey all these years, California is seen as our model for the state run safety programs since they run ahead of even OSHA in many respects. That is why the duplicate rides in Florida are not getting the same attention as their Cali counterparts.
    Cal OSHA is definitely much more stringent. However, I would assume that the reason we are not seeing similar issues in Florida is due to differences in the backstage infrastructure. While the rides share the same name (Space Mountain, Soarin), that's about where the similarities end. The buildings and backstage areas (where these issues are) are very, very different.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: