Quantcast Epcot for Dinner

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot for Dinner

Does anybody else feel like you could eat dinner at Epcot almost every night of your vacation? We are going for 5 nights this summer and I have already secured ADRs at Garden Grill, Sanaa, and Sci-Fi Dine In. My son loves GG and Sci Fi, so that gaves us one non Epcot night, and I really want to try Sanaa and he wants to see the animals. That gives us two non Epcot nights. Of the two remaining nights almost every where we are considering is at Epcot. We will head back to MK on our Sanaa night, it's an EMH night, and of course HS on the Sci-Fi night. Is it weird to spend three of our five nights at Epcot? I love all the parks at night. Does anybody else find themselves in this situation?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We spend more and more time in World Showcase each vacation. But we also like dining in resorts. It's rare that we have anything but an occasional quick service meal in any park other than Epcot.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    We spend more and more time in World Showcase each vacation. But we also like dining in resorts. It's rare that we have anything but an occasional quick service meal in any park other than Epcot.
    Agree. Epcot has great food. The resorts also have some of the best meals.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we could have multiple dinners in epcot too if we let ourselves. There is just so many great places. However, we pace ourselves. We try one new WS location on each trip that way we have new places to look forward to on future trips. We are now getting down to only a handful of places we haven't tried yet. We look so forward to the new experiences so I am glad we have done it this way.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

During our last vacation, out of eight nights we ate in EPCOT seven times and once at the boardwalk (EPCOT lite lol!).

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Epcot is the main reason that we always get park hoppers! Problem is also that we are needing longer vacations to be able to get to all the favourites It seems that most of our foodie favourites are there and, no matter where the rest of the day was, dinner usually ends up there.

There is also the mid evening "I gotta get a crepe" cravings that require that Epcot visit!!

LOVE THE FOOD THERE!!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We like eating in the WS, too. We actually increased the length of our last vacation to get more Epcot time at DH's request.

I will say that Sanaa is definately worth leaving Epcot for a little while for :-)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up back in Epcot on three or four nights of our eight night vacation in 2010. Either specifically for dinner or because we just found wandering the World Showcase to be what we favored ending our night with.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

This is the reason we need to get a park hopper pass ... we eat too much in Epcot!

We're booked for dinner 3 nights of our upcoming trip, and I'm sure we'll add more.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have the same problem. We always eat one night at Ohanas and one night at Crystal Palace or Tony's, but other than that we usually end up at Epcot for dinner. Our problem is pretty much the same, we love to eat at Epcot. Garden Grill is our favorite place to eat at WDW, we love San Angel Inn, Marrakesh, LeCellier, Rose and Crown, and have enjoyed others as well. It seems my three daughters new must-do is The Coral Reef. I think that is another reason we love staying at the Dolphin because it is so easy to come and go from Epcot. We usually try to eat at Epcot early evening when the MK is open late so that we still get park time after dinner.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my six ADRs for my upcoming trip are for World Showcase (Biergarten and Rose & Crown), and two more are for the Epcot-area resorts (Flying Fish @ Boardwalk and Cape May Cafe @ Beach Club). Even if I weren't staying at the Beach Club, I'd probably have the same ADRs. Love that area and the choices.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot has the best table and counter services. Most of my trips, I end up eating most of meals there with an occasional resort or DTD restaurant.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that some of the resorts have great dining, but unless it a monorail resort, they can be hard to get to and take up a lot of your time in doing so.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

We also eat suppers at Epcot more than anywhere else. On arrival night we will likely be at a resort, so as not to use a park admission, but after that, it's Epcot and usually World Showcase. As other have said, it's the main reason we get park hoppers.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

We also like showing up to EPCOT a bit early for our dinner reservation so that we can walk the World Showcase and sample the wines. By far our favorite is the ice wine in Germany, mmmmmmm!!!!

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: