Quantcast Some rumors for your enjoyment - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    ... is it's sloooooooow movement out to the middle of the lagoon with video on it teaching us to be all peaceful and harmonizing.
    Evidently you've never watched it from off-angle. If you're watching it come toward you (or away from you), it is gliding slowly and serenely, yes. If you are watching it from the side, that thing is HAULING across the water!

I think it does help if you can follow the story the globe is telling. The whole show is telling a story, just like Fantasmic! does -- and if you know the story, it makes an otherwise slightly bewildering and disjointed show come together a bit better.

I agree with others that the IllumiNations pre-show music, show music and Tapestry parade music are some of the best. (Although the parts of Tapestry of Dreams with the overly dramatic kids talking about "showing us your dreams" make Wishes look positively cynical by contrast!)
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously must be a weirdo Everytime I read threads and similar things here, I'm in disbelief at the negative stuff said about Disney/Disney shows.

I go all the time [at least 2x a month], and I LOVE the shows!! Love Wishes, love Illuminations [even love the globe with the amazing pictures from all over the world], etc, etc.

I'm just transportated to another world full of magic as well as my children everytime we go.
    And I agree with a previous poster about getting choked up sometimes. I seriously tear up everytime I see Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic. I just don't see mucy negative about the Happiest Place on Earth

The good news is diversity of opinion makes the world go around
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

'Dreams Come Alive'...kind of has a forboding sound to it...like a nightmare about zombies or something..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    Evidently you've never watched it from off-angle. If you're watching it come toward you (or away from you), it is gliding slowly and serenely, yes. If you are watching it from the side, that thing is HAULING across the water!

I think it does help if you can follow the story the globe is telling. The whole show is telling a story, just like Fantasmic! does -- and if you know the story, it makes an otherwise slightly bewildering and disjointed show come together a bit better.
    In the past 13 years, I've seen the show from many places throughout the lagoon, and actually don't think I've ever been in the position of it coming right towards me. That part of the show is just painfully slow for me. It is what it is.

I realize there is a story being told. I think it's just too heavy for me. I like light, happy, "Disney" on my Disney vacation.

But again, I go back to my original post on this. I like new shows/parades/etc. Some things just go on too long.

Post Thanks / Like

But again, I go back to my original post on this. I like new shows/parades/etc. Some things just go on too long.
    Totally agree... Which is the reason why i say WDW is stale... Been there, done that, nothing new? Why go back?

Fantasmic used to be my favorite show... now? I hope they rip it out, tear it to shreds and go with something new... Never mind that they have allowed the show to pretty much rot... it is old, and tired and needs to be replaced...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Some more rumors to chew on:

A parade called Ring of Fire in the works for Animal Kingdom to replace Jammin Jungle...

A night time show to DAK which will get its own amphitheater and be similar to World of Color, but with a different theme...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

A parade called Ring of Fire in the works for Animal Kingdom to replace Jammin Jungle...

A night time show to DAK which will get its own amphitheater and be similar to World of Color, but with a different theme...

This sounds great. I would love to see that park stay open in the evenings.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Cue Johnny Cash.....

Actually, a nighttime "World of Color" technology type show would be cool here. I'd like to see AK stay open later, but there just isn't a draw after 3pm. A couple more TS restaurants and a nighttime show would certainly improve that.

Post Thanks / Like

I. Love. This. Animal Kingdom at night is something I've only experienced once back when they did nighttime EMH. Riding Everest in the dark is SO much better than the daytime and the whole Asia area of the park is absolutely gorgeous when the lights are on. Nighttime entertainment there would be fabulous, but the one complaint I had about AK at night is that they shut down the Africa section. Understandably do because you can't ride the safari in the dark or walk the trek because they take the animals in. As a result, Asia and Dinoland were dang crowded since those are the only two places to go and neither FOTLK or Nemo were playing during EMH. Hopefully they will ad a show and like Mel said another table service place to spread out the guests. Once Pandoraland or whatever is open, I would see that being a draw at night, too.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Cue Johnny Cash.....

Actually, a nighttime "World of Color" technology type show would be cool here. I'd like to see AK stay open later, but there just isn't a draw after 3pm. A couple more TS restaurants and a nighttime show would certainly improve that.
    Some Johnny Cash music may add some life to DAK..

Post Thanks / Like

They are so overdue for new fireworks at magic kingdom and parade as well
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, I can't even make out the video anyway.
    Then you need glasses like me. Amazing what I can see with a thin piece of plastic in front of my eyes. I've never had trouble seeing it, even when it was the old screens. As for Illuminations, I like the "lull" in the show. It adds to the "art" of the show. You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.

As for Wishes, I'd hate to see it go. It was such a vast improvement over Fantasy in the Sky. I'm sure the replacement will be great, but I hope it's not full of theme park ride music. Then it's like a book report/recap of the day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I love Wishes so much, I can't bear to see it go. It is my happiest moment of my WDW trip. It is to me, the most "Walt" of WDW.
    Illuminations and Spectro are cool, but not essential. Wishes has always been a necessity!!!

I also would have to say that the AK parade is the only parade I really like. I am not a big parade fan. Never a big fan of spectro. Seeing a parade once is PLENTY for me. I like them because they take everyone off the rides. But if they are coming up with a new one for AK I'll watch it.

I truly hope they will keep Wishes, maybe at least once a week?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Then you need glasses like me. Amazing what I can see with a thin piece of plastic in front of my eyes. I've never had trouble seeing it, even when it was the old screens.
    I think you have to be in the right spot. I have what my doctor has labeled "eagle eyed" vision (much better than the average 20/20). My family often makes a game of seeing how far away I can read an upcoming road sign; yet, I sometimes struggle to figure out what is happening on that darn globe. There are moments of clarity, sure, but if you are far away, most of it is what I would call visual gibberish.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

As for Illuminations, I like the "lull" in the show. It adds to the "art" of the show. You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.
    Sorry. 'Tis what makes the world go 'round. Time for something new!!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I think you have to be in the right spot. I have what my doctor has labeled "eagle eyed" vision (much better than the average 20/20). My family often makes a game of seeing how far away I can read an upcoming road sign; yet, I sometimes struggle to figure out what is happening on that darn globe. There are moments of clarity, sure, but if you are far away, most of it is what I would call visual gibberish.
    Exactly! I have excellent vision far away, and always have. That globe is not clear.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.
    Why not? That would be awesome.

The best part of Illuminations is when there is blazing fire, and so many fireworks erupting that you can read by the light they produce.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I personally enjoy Wishes, and Illuminations, but that is just me...

I know that all good things must come to an end, and a new and improved nighttime fireworks will be a welcome addition to the parks.

The Dream a Dream parade needs to go...I'm glad there will be a new parade next year.

Funny....My husband can't stand Wishes. He has a whole song that he made up for it..."Wishing I was back in my room" I have not let that deter me from seeing it. We divide and conquer often at night!! I found myself back in the Magic Kingdom for 4 of our 7 night stay in November. Love me some Wishes!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...
    I completely agree. I have the Illuminations show music as well as a bunch of the pre-show music and Tapestry of Nations on my ipod.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need some updating...

CarsLand for WDW, not going to happen... Instead, we may be seeing a huge Star Wars land instead... it would swallow up the area around Star Tours, including the Indy stunt show and up to Echo Lake... The land would be like CarsLand in DCA: you enter the Star Wars universe... One huge ride, a few smaller rides, a dining option... All encased in the star Wars world... (If this is the plan, I say YES PLEASE!!!)...

Ring of Fire parade in DAK rumor: seems like we may have to throw water on it... May not be an option anymore... Jammin Jungle Parade is still ending after this year though...

EPCOT: More dining/drinking could be coming...

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say that I would like a Star Wars Land. But I can only see that working if the next movie does extremely well. IMHO the prequels were awful movies and while I love the original trilogy its old. I believe the next one is going to have to knock everyone's socks off or it will kill the series. I know others feel differently but this is how I feel. There were too many special effects and not enough character development in the prequels. I never got to like any of the characters and the plots were confusing . So I guess I'll wait and see.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: