Quantcast Dr Who fans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dr Who fans

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I don't have much of an opinion on the choice of actor, but I would like to see a darker version come in. I'd like to see them try to do what they had intended to do with the sixth Doctor. Maybe now they would be able to play out a full story arc with a different take on the role for a while.
    I have heard talk of Capaldi's doctor being a bit darker. Also, will be interesting with an older doctor (once again) and what I'm hearing with be an intentional shy-away from a Doctor/Love Interest story line.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so while I am not 100% up to date on the series ( missing a cpl episodes still) i have seen up to the "Time heist" one.

Number one- As always with a new regeneration I wasnt sure of how I was going to like the new Doctor. But so far, I like him. He is deffinately a lot darker and to me that is a welcome change. I peronally thought Smith's rendition was just a bit too clownish, although he did grow on me. Capaldi's Doctor is more serious and not afraid to embrace the darker aspects of his personality. Seriously, when he asked Clara if he was a good man..... If you have to ask, chances are you really are not. And I am OK with that. Dont get me wrong, the Doctor should always be a hero and he isnt being portrayed as a villian, just a bit less friendly.

Second. Even though she is attractive and has a nice story behind her being with every Doctor in some way, I do not like the way they are taking Claras story arc into a dating disaster scene (if it has gotten betterin the recent episodes I havent watched yet forgive me). Personally I long for a sassy companion like Donna. i think Donna and this Doctor would be a smash hit. And of course, River needs to show up soon. This less friendly and seemingly socially awkward Doctor dealing with the amazing Doctor Song will be classic.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: