Quantcast Club 33: The Quest of Ages?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Club 33: The Quest of Ages?

Hey there, hi there, ho there...

Before I continue with what I'm about to say, let me just start off by saying that this probably has been asked many times before this and no doubt will be asked many times after this.

On my upcoming August trip to California, I am bringing my friend along. He is a huge fan but has never been to the parks before, so he is really excited. I, who have been many times (to both DLR & WDW) before have tried to jam-pack our vacation to the brim with Disney fun. I've arranged for us to have a day at Universal Studios, tour the Walt Disney Studios & El Capitan Theatre, attend all three days of the D23 Expo 2013, spend an entire week after that at the Disneyland Resort, take the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour, eat at many of the best and most famous dining locations, make a Fantasmic! Dessert Package booking and the list goes on and on...

However, one thing my friend has heard about and is most interested about (here it comes!!) is Club 33 (good grief... why this of all things?). He's fully aware that it is very, very, very difficult to get into that place and costs a not-so-small fortune to do it... on your own that is. So, he's not expecting to get the chance to eat there as much as he'd love to do so. And yes, I know that the Walt tour does venture inside the club's front door but I didn't tell him that so that it would be a total surprise for him to be able to somewhat quench that desire.

Now, this is something that has evaded me for all my years visiting the park as well. I am equally if not more eager to get in there somehow. I know people suggest networking but I can honestly say I don't know anybody who would have an "in" at the club, so that is pretty-well out.

Has anybody managed to get in before? I know this may sound foolish of me, but is there anybody out there who has access or knows somebody with access? Does anybody have other tips on how to get in? It is quite a mind-boggling topic and is certainly something I mostly always feel helpless about when someone who comes to the parks with me asks about it. All I can offer them is my knowledge, history and stories of that coveted place -- and not much more.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    Has anybody managed to get in before? I know this may sound foolish of me, but is there anybody out there who has access or knows somebody with access? Does anybody have other tips on how to get in?
    Had a nice lunch there a couple weeks ago. Bartender makes a nice Tom Collins.

If you're not a member, or don't know a member, you can't get in. It's as simple as that, sorry.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    If you're not a member, or don't know a member, you can't get in. It's as simple as that, sorry.
    Right. I knew that. But that's just it, I'm trying to potentially locate somebody that is, because I'm not a member and do not personally know anybody that is (gets in through a company, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like

If you cant find anyone consider walking in walts footsteps tour... you wont be able to get upstairs but at least you can be in the lobby and have your picture taken in the elevator... its not getting upstairs but its something
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    If you cant find anyone consider walking in walts footsteps tour... you wont be able to get upstairs but at least you can be in the lobby and have your picture taken in the elevator... its not getting upstairs but its something
    Never knew about that tour it sounds interesting!
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Right. I knew that. But that's just it, I'm trying to potentially locate somebody that is, because I'm not a member and do not personally know anybody that is (gets in through a company, etc.).
    I imagine members get this all the time. People looking for an "in". It must get annoying.

Membership is open to anyone who can pay the dues. Put yourself on the wait list and have $25K ready to drop on your enrollment fee and then 7-10K per year in dues.

Personally, I feel the actual CLUB 33 location itself is rather un-appealing. I have heard that the food there isn't even as good as you get at Napa Rose or Carthay Circle. It's the OTHER perks of membership that I would be interested in!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    Yes, we're already taking the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour. It was on my list ever since Walt's Apartment and the main floor lobby of Club 33 were added to the itinerary!

Also, I have an Aunt who works for General Electric. Does anybody know if GE is on the company booking list at Club 33? Even so, we are located in Canada -- so I'm not entirely sure if GE in Canada and GE in the US would cooperate on that level. Further, can friends of a GE employee even get into the club under their name as guests? Or does the employee have to be present? I do believe my Aunt is the manager of something, can't say just what though... maybe she'd have to call the head office in the US? Does anybody have any thoughts and ideas on this??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I have heard that the food there isn't even as good as you get at Napa Rose or Carthay Circle.
    Very incorrect.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Very incorrect.
    Maybe it was an off day. A good friend of mine went to Club 33 recently as guests of friends of her husband. She didn't even know what Club 33 was, that it was exclusive, etc. When she told me that is where they were going for lunch, I was like "are you serious? You are so lucky!" and she had no idea why she was so lucky.

She said their lunch was "okay", but she enjoyed her past meals at Napa Rose MUCH more. She mentioned the food being served room temperature, having some bad lettuce in her salad, etc. Just minor things, but when she found out how much the lunch cost, she was shocked.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine went to Club 33 recently as guests of friends of her husband. She didn't even know what Club 33 was, that it was exclusive, etc. When she told me that is where they were going for lunch, I was like "are you serious? You are so lucky!" and she had no idea why she was so lucky.
    So, apparently I had my facts crossed. My understanding now is that a member (wether it be a single person or a company account) can make a reservation in their name FOR you? You don't even need them there? Well darn it all, I really hope my Aunt can make connections with GE's head offices if that's the case! Also, I'm truly hoping that GE has an account with Club 33 to begin with...

Does anybody know what advice or tips I should give my Aunt before she inquires. Should she be calling a head office of some sort? Or an office specifically in California? I'm not sure, but I'd assume that not all GE offices across the USA and Canada have a membership or even know what Club 33 is. In my head, only GE offices (providing they have a valid membership) in California would know, care and be able to confirm their place with Club 33.

So, in conclusion, if I do in fact find out GE does have an account there. What should me/my aunt do? Do you call the Disney Dining Line like normal reservations? Is there a special "secret" number for the club? Some info on these specifics would be greatly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, apparently I had my facts crossed. My understanding now is that a member (wether it be a single person or a company account) can make a reservation in their name FOR you? You don't even need them there? Well darn it all, I really hope my Aunt can make connections with GE's head offices if that's the case! Also, I'm truly hoping that GE has an account with Club 33 to begin with...

Does anybody know what advice or tips I should give my Aunt before she inquires. Should she be calling a head office of some sort? Or an office specifically in California? I'm not sure, but I'd assume that not all GE offices across the USA and Canada have a membership or even know what Club 33 is. In my head, only GE offices (providing they have a valid membership) in California would know, care and be able to confirm their place with Club 33.

So, in conclusion, if I do in fact find out GE does have an account there. What should me/my aunt do? Do you call the Disney Dining Line like normal reservations? Is there a special "secret" number for the club? Some info on these specifics would be greatly appreciated!!
    In my friend's case, the members were with them that day.

Honestly, I think you are reaching here. Just because a corporation might have a membership does not make every employee a member. Corporate memberships still have limitations and if your aunt had access to something like that, she would be well aware of it already. Those memberships are typically used to wine and dine potential clients or business contacts.

You really just have to luck into an invite via your own personal contacts. You never know when you might become good friends with someone who is member.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

In my friend's case, the members were with them that day.

Honestly, I think you are reaching here. Just because a corporation might have a membership does not make every employee a member. Corporate memberships still have limitations and if your aunt had access to something like that, she would be well aware of it already. Those memberships are typically used to wine and dine potential clients or business contacts.

You really just have to luck into an invite via your own personal contacts. You never know when you might become good friends with someone who is member.
    Has members on company terms ever been known to be international? As I said, I'm from Canada and so is my Aunt. So, I'm not exactly sure if corperate accounts for the club reach out any further than the state of California. It just seems to me that people internationally or even far enough nationally wouldn't have access or even know what it is or if they even have admission privilages...

My Aunt manages our territory, soooooo... if anybody from Canada with GE were to be a member of the club -- it would be management of her status, one would think.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: