Quantcast BOG dinner Ressies for December :(

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BOG dinner Ressies for December :(

It is 180 days out to make reservations today for our trip in December. I can't believe that there were no availabilities for Be Our Guest, I called first thing this morning and checked on line What a bummer...
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to us a few days ago at our 180 day mark

We'll keep trying and hope for the best

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah same here. it was the only ADR that we wanted that we didn't get.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying! When in doubt, do lunch!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep trying! As a back up, plan on having lunch there one day.

My sister in law got back from Disney last week and said dinner at BOG was sort of a disappointment. She felt the food was just OK, and the whole experience wasn't anything special in her opinion.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Same experience here I was on the computer at 180 days out ( we are staying on site so can book the 180 days + 10 ) at 5 am our time and nothing for our entire stay. I just can't figure out how that is really possible. The place looks so big and from what I have read it is not what you would consider a leisurely meal, they get you in and out very quickly. I check daily for an opening.... I have decided that we will make the best of it and if nothing comes through we will have lunch. Which actually will probably work out better since I haven't read anything outstanding about their dinner but have read good things about lunch and we will save money. That opens up a time we can go to a different place for a better meal that we will fully enjoy...
    Now I am hoping that California Grill is open for our trip, that will make missing BOG no issue at all

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get resevations at BOG but not on the evening that I wanted. I changed our dining schedule around and got lucky!

Keep trying!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, me too! I was totally bummed, though I was kinda expecting it. I hope we can all get our ressies...just keep trying and think positive thoughts!

(ps why is it soooooo popular? Is it b/c its the only place that serves wine at MK? Or is it just the novelty of it?)

(pps...I want to go so bad!)
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation because it's new and people will drink any kind of Kool Aid that Disney decides to serve them.
    Disney could open a restaurant serving raw eggs and spinach and people would line up in droves to get in. And write glowing reviews.
    There's too much of a cult mentality these days.
    My wife and I avoid the new Fantasyland like the plague. We don't feel like we're missing anything and the rest of the park is a lot more easy to explore and enjoy with everyone flocking to Fantasyland.
    So, keep drinking Disney drones!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation because it's new and people will drink any kind of Kool Aid that Disney decides to serve them.
    Disney could open a restaurant serving raw eggs and spinach and people would line up in droves to get in. And write glowing reviews.
    My wife and I avoid the new Fantasyland like the plague. We don't feel like we're missing anything and the rest of the park is a lot more easy to explore and enjoy with everyone flocking to Fantasyland.
    Is your avatar a self portait?

Post Thanks / Like

Is your avatar a self portait?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

T
    Alright... raw eggs and spinach... Yum!

I look forward to something New. Lunch was fun. I was lucky this time and pulled off an online reservation at the 160 day mark.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We could not get a seating either have been for lunch and it was worth a visit- the details are amazing. The food was ok. Still would like to dine in the evening but California Grill is a much better dining experience and I hope it is open in December.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thought this post was a bit much. Opinions can be expressed without being insulting.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation, because it is an AMAZING space.

I will not wring my hands or even attempt to get a dinner reservation, I won't even try, but I did line up at 10:20 am on Sunday - Father's Day(it opens at 10:30) and we were inside and seated by 11am. The details are unbelievable and they have done an excellent job at re-creating the ballroom in real life. By the way, the food was pretty great, too. We had the potato leek soup and the onion soup and the turkey sandwich and the roast beef sandwich.

I would encourage any Beauty and the Beast fan that this is not to be missed, but I personally would not worry about not getting in for dinner. In fact, I think I would prefer a casual lunch where you are comfortable enough to walk around taking pictures and seeing all there is to see.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I do keep on checking every now and then, but my kids (adult kids) and DH looked over the menu, and of course didn't want anything on the menu, so I'm not trying too hard. They don't care so much about the details, so I'm not giving it much thought! I, on the other hand, think it sounds great! Table for one?
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post

It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation, because it is an AMAZING space.

I would encourage any Beauty and the Beast fan that this is not to be missed, but I personally would not worry about not getting in for dinner. In fact, I think I would prefer a casual lunch where you are comfortable enough to walk around taking pictures and seeing all there is to see.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way we were able to get our group in was to split up into 3 different groups. I didn't expect for 10 of us to sit together but the CM on the phone worked with me until we had a ps for 2, 4 and 4 all 10 minutes apart. Keep trying as some times may open up and be open/flexible and you'll probably get lucky.
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The only "tip" that may or may not help is to try and book an even number. When I tried to book for the 3 of us, nothing showed up. Switching to 4 showed a number of open spaces.

This isn't unique to BOG, but seems especially important when so many people are hoping to nab a spot.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    The only "tip" that may or may not help is to try and book an even number. When I tried to book for the 3 of us, nothing showed up. Switching to 4 showed a number of open spaces.
    Funny I had just the opposite.
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: