Quantcast Colorado/Utah trip photos

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorado/Utah trip photos

Got back last Saturday after 3,400 miles and seven National Parks and Monuments. For the second year in a row we hit snow crossing the Continental Divide, last year in Montana this year in Colorado. Temperature dropped from 68to 28 degrees with the rise in elevation. Did love the mountains with a new coat of snow at the peaks.
    Get out and see this country and don't limit yourself to WDW. We once had a member here whose kids had never been anywhere but WDW and that really saddened me. So much else to see.
    I took about 1,200 photos of which I deleted about 400. Below are a few of the rest.
    Vacation photos
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So cool, thank you so much for sharing! I'm tentatively planning some kind of National Parks trip for next summer, we've never driven very far west before. I was looking into Mount Rushmore, but I think going that far will have to wait a little longer, since DS is still little and all those hours in the car take their toll on him. Looking into different places of interest though. We live in Maryland so we won't be able to see the desert for a while, but I'd love to see what all you got to see. Those pictures are amazing!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Get out and see this country and don't limit yourself to WDW. We once had a member here whose kids had never been anywhere but WDW and that really saddened me. So much else to see.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there is so much to see in this country it's amazing. I have done a road trip many years ago from Minnesota out west to California and back again with lots of stops to different Parks and tourist spots, it was awesome. We have also driven to Niagara Falls which was really cool. We also drove down to Oklahoma one time to see my BIL who had just joined the Army. Then our last trip last year we did a Road trip to WDW and had a great time seeing things along the way. I think my next trip will be a road trip back out west with my wife who has never been out that way.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics. We absolutely loved Colorado. Garden of the Gods, looks a lot like some of your pics, was just magnificent. We hope to make it back that way one day.

I agree with you that there is a "whole world" to see right here in our country. We are doing an East Coast trip next month. I can't wait to see all these new places with DH and the kids. As much as we love WDW I can't imagine a life without traveling to other places.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures!! We are heading to the Pacific Northwest this year but next year we hope to return to Utah. We had an amazing time last year in Zion and Bryce Canyon.

Post Thanks / Like

Been busy and am just now seeing your photos.

Medano Creek! One of our all time favorite places in the world is Great Sand Dunes. Miss that place.

Was that Mesa Verde? Half the time we want to go there it's closed because of fires. Great photos.

Arches - did you know about the spring outside Moab? Wonderful drinking water.

We looked and looked for moose at Rocky Mtn NP and found elk after elk. We got excited one evening when an older girl - maybe 12 - came toward the parking lot saying, there are moose! Nope, same old elk. we felt sad she didn't know the difference.

Love your wildflower photos.

I so envy you your trip. We were lucky enough to be able to grab a couple of grandkids and spend weeks traveling around the country. They've seen 48 states and camped in most. One favorite trip was from Missouri out to San Francisco and back, some 7,000 miles and only about 700 was on interstate. Forget how many national parks and monuments.

Sure like to get back out on the road again . . .

Thanks so much, Dave.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: