Quantcast Huge Universal Rumor Set to Be Unleashed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Huge Universal Rumor Set to Be Unleashed

On another site (sorry as per TOS I cannot link from here to there), one of the trusted insiders is set to unleash one heck of a major Universal rumor, this Friday... I'll bring it to Intercot once posted on the other site...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any guesses? They are set to release info on Halloween Horror Nights tomorrow. Could it have anything to do with HHN?

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Any guesses? They are set to release info on Halloween Horror Nights tomorrow. Could it have anything to do with HHN?
    Not sure.. He won't give any hints.. He did mention that he recently received information about the plot of land near MIB and Springfield... He said the plan for there, and the IP associated with it, would have many of that site's members eating crow... he said it seemed so far fetched, he didn't even believe it... He won't comment on that until he can, but he did receive some back up to that news by some "upper level" management types...

What he is planning on dropping Friday night has nothing to do with that news though... This is something completely different, and something he is extremely excited over, providing the plans are executed... He did say, about the plot of land by MIB/Springfield is that a huge omnimover style ride is planned...

Also, confirmed is a new parking garage for Team Members, thus doing away with the old Team Member parking lot... Which will open more land up for some sort of land expansion... Oh, and get this, Universal is planning on having the new parking garage built within a 6 month time frame... SIX MONTHS... They are putting competition in Orlando to shame...

EDIT: to add in, apparently Universal purchased the land Wet 'n' Wild resides on... Which makes things really interesting, especially one of the rumors floating around it Universal is designing and will be building a water park on property... Say bye bye to Wet N Wild...

DOUBLE EDIT: And apparently Universal could be on the verge of buying land from Lockheed Martin, I am assuming land Universal once sold to Lockheed Martin, or possible part of it anyway... Getting more and more curious...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

LOTR
    YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS VAY, NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianlw71 View Post
    LOTR
    As much as I would love that to be the case, I doubt it severely... I think LOTR will be the anchor of their third theme park... Their third gate, however, will be a water park.. WonderSea anyone???

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.. Very interesting. I'll be anxiously awaiting the news.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    EDIT: to add in, apparently Universal purchased the land Wet 'n' Wild resides on... Which makes things really interesting, especially one of the rumors floating around it Universal is designing and will be building a water park on property... Say bye bye to Wet N Wild...
    This statement is very interesting indeed seeing Universal already owns Wet N' Wild. They bought it in either 1997 or 1998.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    This statement is very interesting indeed seeing Universal already owns Wet N' Wild. They bought it in either 1997 or 1998.
    But they didn't own the land... That's not all... They bought 55 acres along I-Drive... And a third gate is planned...

Post Thanks / Like

But they didn't own the land... That's not all... They bought 55 acres along I-Drive... And a third gate is planned...
    My point is why would you close a successful water park just to build a new one. Refurb maybe but I don't think they will close it and take everything down just to open under a new name. Wet n' Wild has good name recognition to begin with and is consistently listed as one of the top water parks in America.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    My point is why would you close a successful water park just to build a new one. Refurb maybe but I don't think they will close it and take everything down just to open under a new name. Wet n' Wild has good name recognition to begin with and is consistently listed as one of the top water parks in America.
    Because Wet N Wild is HORRIBLY out dated and is known as the ghetto water park... Time to shut it down and build, from scratch, a brand new, well themed water park...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, ready?

On another board, there is a member who happens to be one of the best Universal insiders out there today (maybe one of the only ones).. He has brought us details on Springfield (and was right), Transformers (and was right) and details about the Potter expansion in the Studios (on target).. His handle is HateToFly... I must give him credit for this information, as it is not right to claim it as my own, since it is not.. I ask that HTF's name not be removed from this post simply because he is the provider of this information, and he deserves the credit when it is due... Well, here it goes:

Say goodbye to Disaster.. Yes, Disaster will be leaving, and will be replaced by the banana eating, over sized gorilla who wrecked havoc on NYC.. KING KONG.. That's right, King Kong is coming back to Universal Orlando... The new Kong attraction will feature a brand new queue, preshow, new RV, new track, new station, and custom show scenes, featuring King Kong himself... Expect the new Kong to open in 2015...

Simpsons: HTF does not add much, other than to say, Universal Creative has found a way to turn Universal guests into SIMPSONS... Once this technology is implemented, guests will be able to buy merchandise with their Simpsons character likeness on it... You will become Simpsonized... Pretty cool if you ask me... (BTW THIS is how you drive up sales of merchandise!!!)...

Potter: Well we all know Diagon Alley is coming, and the huge E ticket (well there are two E tickets coming) but the center piece of Diagon Alley, the headliner if you will, is Gringott's dark ride coaster hybrid... I call it a dark ride coaster hybrid because that is what it will be... HTF provides a ton of juicy details about the ride.. The ride experience will be based off Deathly Hallows Part 2... Premier and Vakoma have been on site working on the ride system because it is extremely advanced... There are many companies involved in the creation and installation of the ride... Gringott's ride will feature flight simulation, live effects, audio animatronics, 4K3DScreens (yes the ride will have screen technology ingrained with live sets and be in 3D), sudden drops, tilts, and acceleration... The sets are described as being MASSIVE, and will incorporate "portals" or screens that will be blended into rockwork and cliffs... Some of the rock work in the Gringotts showrooms will reach 5 stories in height... 14 show scenes are expected to be included in the ride, with scenes 8 and 9 being the most detailed... The dragon, HTF says, will be its own beast... EXCITING STUFF!!!

Oh, there is more: Say goodbye to KidZone... This area will be completely remodeled... A total make over.. This area, when completed, will not even come close to resembling the current zone (and man, does it need it!!!)... Fievals Playland will be the first part of KidZone to go... HTF did not say what the new theme of KidZone will be... Many assumptions are Madagascar, Dreamworks, or even Sponge Bob...

Finally: Rip Ride Rock It is getting new trains... The old trains were very poor design.. So poor, in fact, that the wheels and chassis where wearing out very fast causing extremely rough rides... well, a bid went out, and a company was chosen to fix the mess.. And fix it they did.. The first set of new trains are in the bay ready for blast off... Some people have ridden the new trains and have stated how awesome the ride is now with the new trains, making it smooth as it was meant to be... Oh, and new music is going to be installed as well...

He also gave out some HHN news... Want to know what the house themes are? Come to the HHN thread...

EDIT: I need to add, he did also mention JP in Islands of Adventure will be getting that rumored expansion we have discussed on Intercot.. The attraction will be an E ticket and is on pace for a 2015 opening... I said time and time again, by 2015, Universal will be a completely different park, and they aren't slowing down or stopping... Much more, MUCH MUCH MORE to come!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news. I love the idea of getting to look like a Simpson! Love Disaster but Kong was a great ride and with the improvements this ride will be a home run for sure. I'm sure anything they do with HP will be very good. JP does need something else so I am glad this is being addressed.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    This is great news. I love the idea of getting to look like a Simpson! Love Disaster but Kong was a great ride and with the improvements this ride will be a home run for sure. I'm sure anything they do with HP will be very good. JP does need something else so I am glad this is being addressed.
    This is just the beginning... Think water park, third gate, more resorts...

Post Thanks / Like

Love water parks, but once you have been to the Atlantis, it will take a lot to wow me. Anything short of that will not impress me that much. I have been tainted. haha

A third gate will be great, but only if it will be set up like the current two. If you have to travel to get to it I won't be as excited. We love Disney, but now that we have two Universal parks within walking distance Disney seems like "work" when going between the parks.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Potter: Well we all know Diagon Alley is coming, and the huge E ticket (well there are two E tickets coming) but the center piece of Diagon Alley, the headliner if you will, is Gringott's dark ride coaster hybrid... I call it a dark ride coaster hybrid because that is what it will be... HTF provides a ton of juicy details about the ride.. The ride experience will be based off Deathly Hallows Part 2... Premier and Vakoma have been on site working on the ride system because it is extremely advanced... There are many companies involved in the creation and installation of the ride... Gringott's ride will feature flight simulation, live effects, audio animatronics, 4K3DScreens (yes the ride will have screen technology ingrained with live sets and be in 3D), sudden drops, tilts, and acceleration... The sets are described as being MASSIVE, and will incorporate "portals" or screens that will be blended into rockwork and cliffs... Some of the rock work in the Gringotts showrooms will reach 5 stories in height... 14 show scenes are expected to be included in the ride, with scenes 8 and 9 being the most detailed... The dragon, HTF says, will be its own beast... EXCITING STUFF!!!
    Sounds fantastic ... for someone else. I'd love to be able to ride this, but couldn't even handle the motion of Forbidden Journey. Just one more thing I won't be able to experience at Universal.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Sounds fantastic ... for someone else. I'd love to be able to ride this, but couldn't even handle the motion of Forbidden Journey. Just one more thing I won't be able to experience at Universal.
    Can you ride Mummy? If so, you probably could ride Gringotts... It won't be herky-jerky like FJ is... it won't be tossing you around... You'll be in your ride vehicle the whole time, which won't move... Or is it even the sense of flight/drop from video screens/full detailed sets which bother you?

As for Jurassic Park, the expansion is a go.. I repeat, the expansion is a go... Site prep began today behind Thunder Falls, the expansion pad there..... WOO HOO!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would ET remain at Universal? That's in the Kidzone right?
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    Would ET remain at Universal? That's in the Kidzone right?
    Right now it is... Future? No one knows...

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping that ET is phased out. I completely respect the fans of this movie and those who would like it to stick around, but personally, I feel it is outdated and there are more relevant choices (some modern, some simply timeless) for a Kidzone area that caters to this generation of children. I love the queue and the bike idea, but the little baby ETs have always creeped me out. I also have a unique name, so in all my years of visiting, ET has never been able to pronounce it and I usually get skipped or one time he said "friend". Admittedly, I was never a big fan of the movie so I'm biased.

Very exciting news about Jurassic Park! I have always felt that the detailing in the main building has been very good and that there's a lot more that could be done with the area.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I am hoping that ET is phased out. I completely respect the fans of this movie and those who would like it to stick around, but personally, I feel it is outdated and there are more relevant choices (some modern, some simply timeless) for a Kidzone area that caters to this generation of children. I love the queue and the bike idea, but the little baby ETs have always creeped me out. I also have a unique name, so in all my years of visiting, ET has never been able to pronounce it and I usually get skipped or one time he said "friend". Admittedly, I was never a big fan of the movie so I'm biased.

Very exciting news about Jurassic Park! I have always felt that the detailing in the main building has been very good and that there's a lot more that could be done with the area.
    That's so funny. I have never seen the movie, it's not my kind of thing, but I love the ride and hope it stays. My kids hate the ride and so when I "make" them go on they always tell the person keying in the names a fake or funny name. It keeps them amused.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: