Quantcast Guilty pleasures (or not so guilty )of summer TV viewing

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guilty pleasures (or not so guilty )of summer TV viewing

Our satellite box broke this weekend and while we were waiting for Directv I had to exclusively watch NetFlix and Hulu. I introduced my children to one of my favorite old guilty pleasures on NetFlix- Hercules The Legendary Journeys. (Alas they didn't have Xena. )

So it got me thinking, what does everyone watch when the summer doldrums hit and none of your regular shows are on? I find I watch some things in the summer I would never normally watch. They are truly guilty pleasures. I also try to catch up on things I missed.

Here are a few of mine. I'll check in with more later.

Very Guilty
    The Real Housewives of Orange County- they were the originals and as much as I know I shouldn't watch it, they keep drawing me back in.

Whodunnit? This is a new summer show. Totally cheesy but I'm kind of liking trying to figure out the clues.

Kind of Guilty
    Mistresses I watched the first three episodes in a row on Hulu but it is losing steam for me.

Not Guilty

House Hunters International A go to show for me. I love seeing the countries.

The American Baking Competition A nice change from the traditional cooking contests.

Okay, your turn. Any dark secrets out there or great shows I'm missing?
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I have also been watching Who Dunnit and American Baking Competition. Along with those are Next Food Network Star and America's Got Talent. I have seen a little Big Brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh geez. I don't know if I want to even admit this.

Guilty:

Real Housewives...all of them basically. NJ and Orange County are on now.

Catfish on MTV. This whole phenomenon is so twisted, but I can't stop watching this show.

Don't be Tardy I don't know why I got sucked into this show, but I did. The season just ended but I watched every episode.

Newlyweds on Bravo. I found this show HIGHLY entertaining.

Pregnant and Dating--I've only seen this a couple times, and again, it's so bizarre. But, I keep watching it.

Highly inappropriate shows on Comedy Central--titles withheld Well, what can I say, I have a very twisted sense of humor and I'm immature. So what?

Not so Guilty:

Toy Hunter--LOVE this show!

Pawn Stars

Lately, I've been watching a lot of Destination America channel. There is a lot of fun stuff on there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

RHONJ hands down.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what category this would fall into (semi-guilty, I guess), but I was thinking the other day that I want to watch Dawson's Creek again, starting from the beginning, and maybe Felicity too. Both had some great actors in them and I enjoyed the storylines (for the most part, anyway). I'll have to see if Netflix carries them.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I recommended one of my best friends for The American Baking Competition and she made it through three auditions and then got dropped. So I haven't been able to watch. But I do love Master Chef, Hell's Kicthen, and Chopped. I've started watching The Dome. Otherwise, I haven't been watching much TV lately.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cindy, you said NetFlix does not have Xena? I have it in my streaming queue...

Under the Dome, recommended viewing on Monday night... True Blood on Sundays... Nothing else during the week.. I used to watch Ghost Hunters but I got tired of that show... Actually, I do a lot of Netflix streaming... I'm tempted to watch House of Cards again... If anyone has Netflix streaming, watch House of Cards.. EXCELLENT!!!

Honestly though, I love watching the Netflix streaming of older shows, like X Files, Battlestar Galactica...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are giving me great ideas to fill up our new improved DVR . It holds a terabyte and can record 5 shows at once.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Oh geez. I don't know if I want to even admit this. . .

Newlyweds on Bravo. I found this show HIGHLY entertaining.
    . . .
    Toy Hunter--LOVE this show!

Lately, I've been watching a lot of Destination America channel. There is a lot of fun stuff on there.
    I keep meaning to watch Newylweds. I'll put it on my list. My son loves Toy Hunters and my husband is into Destination America. He also really likes a show called North America. I'm not sure what channel that is on.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I don't know what category this would fall into (semi-guilty, I guess), but I was thinking the other day that I want to watch Dawson's Creek again, starting from the beginning, and maybe Felicity too. Both had some great actors in them and I enjoyed the storylines (for the most part, anyway). I'll have to see if Netflix carries them.
    I never watch Dawson's Creek very much but I loved 90210. The original of course with Brenda, Brandon, Kelly and Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I recommended one of my best friends for The American Baking Competition and she made it through three auditions and then got dropped. So I haven't been able to watch. But I do love Master Chef, Hell's Kicthen, and Chopped. I've started watching The Dome. Otherwise, I haven't been watching much TV lately.
    That must have been fun for your friend. I like Master Chef too. I tend to stream it while I work because I can listen and not be too distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Cindy, you said NetFlix does not have Xena? I have it in my streaming queue...
    Thank you! I tend to pick most of my streaming off of my Bluray and it didn't show up there. I found it on the website. It's in my queue now.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Under the Dome, recommended viewing on Monday night... True Blood on Sundays... Nothing else during the week.. I used to watch Ghost Hunters but I got tired of that show... Actually, I do a lot of Netflix streaming... I'm tempted to watch House of Cards again... If anyone has Netflix streaming, watch House of Cards.. EXCELLENT!!!

Honestly though, I love watching the Netflix streaming of older shows, like X Files, Battlestar Galactica...
    I meant to watch Under the Dome but missed it. I'll have to see if I can find. I agree on House of Cards. Excellent show. I am excited for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
    I have also been watching Who Dunnit and American Baking Competition. Along with those are Next Food Network Star and America's Got Talent. I have seen a little Big Brother.
    Next Food Network Star is on my list too.

So time for another confession from me. A lot of my TV viewing is with my kids which means Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

Last night I watch Big Time Rush with daughter.

Austin and Ally, Jessie, and Ant Farm are big with my kids. The scary thing is I have found myself watching both Austin and Ally and Good Luck Charlie by myself.

A Disney show I do recommend is:

Gravity Falls. It is a little warped and always funny. Two kids spending the summer with the great uncle at his curiosity shop in a town where strange things are always happening.

For fantasy type cartoons Slugterra and Ben 10 are also big in our house. Now that Ninjago is over, my son is also looking forward to Legends of Chima.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

I just found Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel available for streaming on NetFlix. I may never leave the house again.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty
    Recently my DD turned me on to "Its always sunny in Philadelphia" its like a car wreck I just can't help looking. BTW Danny Deveto at his all time best/worst in this.

Not so guilty
    Dr Who, Sherlock, Downtown Abbey (yes I love my Brits) and any Star Treck series
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention... TRAVEL CHANNEL... I always find myself tuning into Travel Channel or Destination America... There is something about travel related shows I just love...

Cindy: You are welcome (regarding Xena)... I haven't watched an episode yet, but I knew they had it... I'm also looking forward to Orange is the New Black coming to Netflix streaming this month... Hemlock Grove was not bad, Lillyhammer was pretty good... But House of Cards blew them away... If you have On Demand, you may be able to catch Under the Dome on On Demand.. I know I usually watch Continuum on On Demand since I always forget when it airs on SyFy...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    But I do love Master Chef, Hell's Kicthen, and Chopped.
    Our friend got us hooked on Hell's Kitchen. We had never watched before. Now we are big Gordon Ramsay fans and are also watching Master Chef, and have been watching old Kitchen Nightmares episodes on Netflix.

Bar Rescue with John Taffer is another one we love.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say I'm not guilty about anything I watch (except maybe The Mets, but that's not a pleasure. ) Other than Survivor, I don't watch any first run prime time shows. For me, if I'm home, it's movies, reruns of good shows, History channel (even that now stinks in prime time,) stuff like that.

(I suppose that's why I don't post as much in this forum as I should. )
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

#1 Guilty Addiction anytime of year - Really Not So Real Housewifes of AnyWhere. Love them.
    Other Guilty - a lot of the trashy things on Bravo.
    Summer viewing - I love a lot of the shows on TNT; Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Lisles, etc., and The Glades on A&E. Oh, yeah, Franklin & Bash.
    From CBS, I still get into Big Brother although I'm always saying I'm not going to.
    A couple of years ago I started watching Switched at Birth and still enjoy it on ABC Family. This season they have introduced Twisted and am following it.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another proud guilty pleasure viewer of the Real Housewives of everywhere. So now I'm watching New Jersey and Orange County, and Miami starts in August I think. I also get into a lot of the Bravo shows, but Newlyweds, I just couldn't. Same goes for the Princesses: Long Island. Those girls are boring and ridiculous. Can't wait for Interior Therapy to start back up, and also Property Envy. Love me some Jeff Lewis, and Jenny and Zoila.

On HGTV, I'll watch House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, Property Virgins and Property Brothers whenever I see they are on. Fun shows!

On network TV, only thing I'm watching now is my summer staple - Big Brother.

Fun thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Very fun thread.

Ok, I admit it, I watch the Bachlorette. It's so dramatic. Also RHONJ, Big Brother, True Blood. The next American Baker is a nice change for a cooking competition.

But, if The Wedding Date is on, I'm all in. I can't not watch that movie.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

On HGTV, I'll watch House Hunters, House Hunters International, Love It or List It, Property Virgins and Property Brothers whenever I see they are on. Fun shows!
    I still enjoy watching those shows too, except that I've gotten away from Property Brothers. It's formulaic (like all the HGTV shows), but at an hour it is too long, IMO. But I will be watching their Brother vs. Brother. Have you seen that new show, Hawaiian Life?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't around too much in the evening, so when the TV is on its usually on either TLC, Discovery, or Food Networks even an occasional TBS, TNT. Nothing on network TV. No re-runs.

We typically watch more food related shows. Whether its Hell's Kitchen, Cake Boss, Diners, Dives and Drive ins, Man V Food etc.

Don't know why I'm always hungry?
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I also get into a lot of the Bravo shows, but Newlyweds, I just couldn't. Same goes for the Princesses: Long Island. Those girls are boring and ridiculous. Can't wait for Interior Therapy to start back up, and also Property Envy. Love me some Jeff Lewis, and Jenny and Zoila.
    I give anything that Bravo airs at least once. Newlyweds and Princesses were once and no more.
    I love Jeff and the gang. I'm really looking forward to Property Envy even if it is only Jeff with other people.
    Jonathon and Drew are favorites of mine from Property Brothers, although I like their other show where they reno a house before they can move to a new one better. Can not for the life of me think what the name of it is, getting older is so much fun. I think both of the guys are too cute with little kids.
    For any triple D fans out there, I just caught the Under the Hood episode last night.....what a hoot! It is an hour of out takes, etc. and if you missed it, it is available on On Demand.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Fun thread!
    I love those HGTV shows, especially House Hunters and House Hunters International. Fun to see all the options in new places.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: