Quantcast New Refillable Mug Program - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoop de do View Post
    Anything for guests with an AP?
    It'll be the same as regular guests. It'll still be tied to a certain number of days and only good for that specific trip.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm not at all surprised about this. After the All Star test of the last program, you knew they weren't just going to scrap the idea. We all know they need to soak us for as much money as possible.

I'm glad they have a somewhat reasonable way to keep people from filling up their 7-11 cups (saw it last trip) and their trip from Dixie Landings in 1998, but the price isn't worth it too me. I drink very little pop (soda) and the food court coffee is , so I won't be participating.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Agreed, Lynn! Wow, that length of stay $ is crazy. The only plus to the new system is that you can use it at all the resorts. And I'm hoping they did away with only being able to get one refill in a certain time period that they was in the original test?
    Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    My understanding is that was done away with. That was one of the big flops from the original test so it won't be an issue this go round.
    Under the new program, there will be four 20 oz refills allowed per hour.

Yesterday, I posted a lot of the details of the new program in this thread.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    This, IMHO, is totally outlandish. WDW gets all of their fountain drinks for free from the Coca Cola company....that's right FREE. No cost...nada!
    They may get the syrup for free, but they have a contract to pay for the use of the dispensers (or at least that's my understanding).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ton of these mugs from years past that we never use when we are home. I think I will take a few on our next trip and just buy a 24 case of coke or water and use them again. Just to see people look at us ...lol thinking we got away with 'stealing" coke from Disney..
    Because honestly how do you know WHERE I got the drink from unless you see me at the drink station.. sorry, but some people get to caught up in this. Somewhere, somehow you are paying for those drinks nothing is ever free in WDW..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Under the new program, there will be four 20 oz refills allowed per hour.

Yesterday, I posted a lot of the details of the new program in this thread.
    I am reposting this article...

Something new is coming to all the Disney hotels here in the Walt Disney World Resort in the next few weeks:

A new refillable mug program — Rapid Fill — will roll out at resort locations with self-service beverage stations at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The introduction of these new mugs will take place in a phased approach beginning in July with Disney’s All Star Resorts, where the program originally piloted in 2011. The new Rapid Fill mugs have a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days (with the option of adding additional days) all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be CONSECUTIVE). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display. Rapid Fill mugs may be purchased and used at any resort self-service beverage island. Disney Dining Plan Guests will receive this mug as part of their package.

Here you are just some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) you may have about the "Rapid Fill" mugs:

- What's the difference between the current Resort Refillable mugs and the Rapid Fill mugs?
    The Rapid Fill mugs offer Guests flexibility by allowing them to choose one, two, or three days of refills or for their entire length of stay. The RFID (radio frequency identification) chip installed in the mug alerts Guests as to how many days they have remaining on their mug. The program was tested in 2011 at Disney’s All Star Resorts and is similar to the technology currently used in mugs sold at Disney water parks.*

- Can non-Walt Disney World Resort Guests purchase and use the mug?*
    Yes. Anyone can purchase and use the Rapid Fill mugs at any resort self-service beverage station.

- Can the Rapid Fill mugs be used in multiple resort hotels?*
    Yes. The Rapid Fill mugs may be enjoyed at any resort hotel self-service beverage station.*

- Can I bring the same Rapid Fill mug each time I visit the Walt Disney World Resort?
    No, past mugs cannot be activated for future visits. Guests who purchase the Length of Stay option for Rapid Fill program can use the mug for fourteen (14) consecutive days after activation. Guests can extend the mug beyond the 14-day Length of Stay option as long as it’s still within the current length of stay.*
    - If the mug is activated for first use at 5 p.m., will the one day count until 5 p.m. the next day?
    No, the day will end at 11:59 p.m. that night. Each day is a calendar day (12:01 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.), not a 24-hour period.*Whenever the mug is used for the first time, regardless of *time of day, the mug will expire for that day at midnight.*

- Can the current water park mug be used in resorts?*
    No. The current water park mug is only valid in water parks, with no resort add-on option. However, Guests soon *will be able to add a water park option for their mug.

- Can Guests purchase a Resort Rapid Fill mug anywhere at Walt Disney World Resort?*
    Resort Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage *stations.

- If a Guest prefers not to purchase the Rapid Fill mug, can they purchase a regular mug instead?
    The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. Guests may choose to purchase*
    nonrefillable paper cups for their drinks if they prefer.

- Can mugs be microwaved?
    No, the mug cannot be microwaved.

- What is the price of the Rapid Fill mug?
    The prices of the mugs vary based on Guest preference for number of days for refills, as follows:
    $8.99 for 1 day
    $11.99 for 2 days
    $14.99 for 3 days
    $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
    Question 1: What is the rule if you are doing split resort stays, is the "length of stay" valid only at your stay at that specific resort, or for all of WDW property. I just don't see how they can manage proving that you have reservations at 3 different resorts, some using rented points and some paying cash. But even if it is simply 5 days at Pop and 5 days at AKL, will they let you get 10 days activated?

Question 2: I sure hope they do not intent to prohibit "same-meal" refills on paper cups, but that is exactly how I read the Q&A highlighted above.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I am reposting this article...

Question 1: What is the rule if you are doing split resort stays, is the "length of stay" valid only at your stay at that specific resort, or for all of WDW property. I just don't see how they can manage proving that you have reservations at 3 different resorts, some using rented points and some paying cash. But even if it is simply 5 days at Pop and 5 days at AKL, will they let you get 10 days activated?

Question 2: I sure hope they do not intent to prohibit "same-meal" refills on paper cups, but that is exactly how I read the Q&A highlighted above.
    The way it's being explained right now, and I'm still looking for a little more clarification, too, is that they can set it up for full length of stay even at multiple resorts.

As for the second question - that does seem to be the case. No refills, even on same meal. They might change that or clarify it, but that's how it stands right now.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a link on another site that showed the mug artwork with the Rapid Fill logo on it, and it was the same pool scene. Not sure if they just used the current design for the pic, or if the mug will indeed remain the same. It wasn't a picture of an actual mug, just a template including the Rapid Fill logo.

I'll be bummed if they don't at least give a new mug design. We have the dining plan for our upcoming November trip. I'm not sure I like the way the new mug program will work, but it would be nice to at least get a new mug design.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I read this and had to check my calendar, because this seemed too much like an April Fool's prank.

We're going to be on the standard dining plan for this trip, otherwise we probably weren't going to have mugs anyway. Not in favor of this change, personally. I don't see it going over well if they try to revoke it from existing QSDP bookings, who would already have seen this entry in their reservations.

If it inspires more people to ask for the free water, then it is a win for humanity. I can't be too discouraged about that. As is the case at virtually any destination/restaurant, the drinks are a huge profit point. Asking for the free water is the best way to express any displeasure with the drink pricing, and your body will be better off with it too.

What technology will make it rapidly fill? The name itself is another marketing distortion of the English language.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    As for the second question - that does seem to be the case. No refills, even on same meal. They might change that or clarify it, but that's how it stands right now.
    That is truly wacky. No restaurant in America tries to handle it that way. Free refills of any soda fountain drink is the standard, especially when it is self serve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    That is truly wacky. No restaurant in America tries to handle it that way. Free refills of any soda fountain drink is the standard, especially when it is self serve.
    Agreed. That's why I wonder if they'll change that or if they just haven't clarified it yet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

The thought occurs to me now that, since it is RFID, they don't have to require anybody ever buy a new mug. Once you have an RFID-capable mug, they could let you reactivate it on future trips.

I wonder if anybody thought about how "green" that would be for the environment, instead of how anti-green that would be for the bank account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The thought occurs to me now that, since it is RFID, they don't have to require anybody ever buy a new mug. Once you have an RFID-capable mug, they could let you reactivate it on future trips.

I wonder if anybody thought about how "green" that would be for the environment, instead of how anti-green that would be for the bank account.
    According to the information, it doesn't look like it's a green option at all since the verbiage uses the new "Rapid Fill" descriptor. That's a darn shame. Looks like it is a one-and-done again.

- Can I bring the same Rapid Fill mug each time I visit the Walt Disney World Resort?
    No, past mugs cannot be activated for future visits.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, you'll need to book your refill 60 days in advance... And if you don't get a FP+ for the refill, then you are out of luck!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I'll ever buy another mug is if I really like the design or if they include park quick service locations in the cost. Those prices are insane!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Looks like it is a one-and-done again.
    That's a shame. There is no reason it has to be that way, other than seeking to pad the bottom line. If you can add days during a trip, you can add days months or years later. What they mean by "cannot" is that they simply choose not to allow it.

The new pricing system would be further enhanced by allowing days to be added to the mugs at any time for the indefinite future. That's a real winner that they've left out completely.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my 7:10pm FP+ for coke zero at POR, yes!

Seriously though, for split stays I hope it includes your entire length of stay at all resorts (although I'm sure it probably doesnt). We are staying at 3 resorts on our next trip and i will not be buying 12 mugs (4 people x 3 resorts). If the mugs are only good for our first 4 nights before we switch resorts I will not be buying any mugs and I'll keep my $60 plus tax and go to walmart and buy whatever my kids want to drink and fill up our little resort fridge and disney can keep 4 extra pool scene mugs that I have 8 of already
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so confused on the logistics of this (sorry if it's been posted).

Are the machines locked somehow? That is, they won't dispense soda/milk/coffee/etc. unless you scan your mug? How does it work, then, if you purchase a CS meal that comes with a drink and they give you the paper cup?

What if I go to get Diet Coke, but it comes out weird (this happens with fountain soda) and I want to change my selection; will I be locked out?
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Can i add park tickets, adrs, photopass plus, fp+ and room access to my mug? Its all RFID right? And can I get an annual pass on my mug for multiple mug trips per 365 days?

Oh wait thats probably the new, exclusive super duper disney experience ++ program, my mistake
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    I just got my 7:10pm FP+ for coke zero at POR, yes!
    !

I tried to book a few just in case, but the website kept crashing so I gave up!

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: