Quantcast RUMOR: Captain EO To Depart/Imagination Closing - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm happy to hear this, although I hope it's not anything Phineas & Ferb related. Long live Figment!
    No love for Phineas & Ferb?

I'd hope somewhere in the parks they would do an attraction for them.

Shame they waited so long, they have been popular for a while now.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

they need to stick to originals and not something TV related in this case
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We love Figment and hope he comes back in some form. But, something new would be exciting too.

Post Thanks / Like

In 10 years no one will know who Phineas and Ferb are... I think using them in Imagination would be a mistake... The ride will be outdated again in 2 years....

Just like all those rumors about Rock n Roller Coaster becoming Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers... Where are they now? Everyone has forgotten about Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers... Yet, most people still know Aerosmith...

Phineas and Ferb will suffer the same fate... A few years, and people will be saying Phineas and Ferb who?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

Phineas and Ferb will suffer the same fate... A few years, and people will be saying Phineas and Ferb who?
    I'm wondering who they are right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Martin's videos are the best... Downloaded a few myself... Dude is world class with his work... Oh, and he gets very good inside info too..
    I'm always shocked at the amount of views my videos on Youtube get, and the feedback I receive. Amazing how many people out there like reliving the oldies! But Martin's stuff is top notch, and we've gone back and forth on many things, like the 180 scenes in SSE.

Does anyone even remember the first rendition of the Kim Possible stuff in EPCOT? It's been gone for only a few years, and I don't think anyone remembers!

If Figment stays, and he should, it'd be the best way to tie the old FW with the new one.....

OK, off to look at my Version 1 Figment plush, and daydream.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

There was Kim Possible stuff at Epcot? I remember the TV show but don't remember ever seeing anything at the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lvs_eeyore View Post
    There was Kim Possible stuff at Epcot? I remember the TV show but don't remember ever seeing anything at the parks.
    Kim Possible was the theme of the interactive adventure game in World Showcase, the one which is now themed to Agent P from Phineas and Ferb.. Also, Kim Possible and Ron (was that her side kicks name???) did meet and greets at MGM/DHS for a short period of time... of course, this all happened AFTER Kim Possible's run in Disney Channel came to a fizzled halt, and long after the peak of Kim Possible's popularity..

If Phineas and Ferb wind up in Imagination, they await the same fate.. As their popularity dwindles, so will any care for the ride... And Imagination will wind up in the same situation it is in now... No crowds for a ride no one gives a hoot about...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    I'm always shocked at the amount of views my videos on Youtube get, and the feedback I receive. Amazing how many people out there like reliving the oldies! But Martin's stuff is top notch, and we've gone back and forth on many things, like the 180 scenes in SSE.

Does anyone even remember the first rendition of the Kim Possible stuff in EPCOT? It's been gone for only a few years, and I don't think anyone remembers!

If Figment stays, and he should, it'd be the best way to tie the old FW with the new one.....

OK, off to look at my Version 1 Figment plush, and daydream.
    Martin's stuff is unreal... and he is a nice guy... he converses on another site... Wish we could get him to come here.. He has a lot of insight to news and info...

What is our YouTube Channel? I would love to see your vids..

Post Thanks / Like

Kim Possible at Epcot? Yes, very fresh in my mind still. It was a great addition.

Post Thanks / Like

In 10 years no one will know who Phineas and Ferb are... I think using them in Imagination would be a mistake... The ride will be outdated again in 2 years....
    I don't know. It wasn't until my 3rd trip that I figured out who Figment is. That's when I took my kids, and they love Figment. However, if P&F came along, they'd be pretty excited about that. Plus that show is stinking funny. They could really have some fun with that concept. Maybe they should put them in the 3D theater and dump the other junk that's been playing there for decades.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I don't know. It wasn't until my 3rd trip that I figured out who Figment is. That's when I took my kids, and they love Figment. However, if P&F came along, they'd be pretty excited about that. Plus that show is stinking funny. They could really have some fun with that concept. Maybe they should put them in the 3D theater and dump the other junk that's been playing there for decades.
    I agree! I think some people are underestimating the quality and popularity of P&F. I think they will be around for a long time. They even have a full length movie coming out next year. I say give them a 3D movie and give figment a good ride to take the family on.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

What is our YouTube Channel? I would love to see your vids..
    Look up mcjaco23, or Mabra Productions.

Not a lot up. I don't have time to convert most of my stuff yet.

I'm totally amazed that my Peter Pan vid has almost 70K views.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    AGREED!

Funny, been to the parks for 18 years now...and I still have no clue who Figment is/was/or else. BUT I admit - I don't care either. Just not a fan to check it out. I won't even buy a shirt if he's on it and have never been on that attraction thingy for him as well.

BUT P&F - yes very funny and entertaining.

To each his or her own!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    AGREED!

Funny, been to the parks for 18 years now...and I still have no clue who Figment is/was/or else. BUT I admit - I don't care either. Just not a fan to check it out. I won't even buy a shirt if he's on it and have never been on that attraction thingy for him as well.

BUT P&F - yes very funny and entertaining.

To each his or her own!
    See, if you reverse the names, thats the way I feel.I say keep Figment (in the original ride he made more sense) and bring back Dreamfinder....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

The benefit of P&F is that it is already a popular Disney product and very little marketing would need to be done to move people to the ride unlike reintroducing Figment or a new character, etc. The downside is that P&F could easily disappear in a few years like other Disney Channel cartoons...or it could be around another 10-15 years like the Simpsons. Who knows!

Disney should probably just implode the whole thing and build something new from the ground up rather than trying to shoe horn something else into that attraction.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

That's a big building. They can re-imagine alot into that space and not even be stuck to the same ride system but keep some of the same building elements (see Test Track).

I vote for the muppets taking over as they really can easily adapt to an imagination concept and implementing figment into that setting wouldn't be all that big of stretch. You essential can have Ride/Play Area/3D movie all tied into one theme rather than having a forced connection.

Muppets also are multi-generational and have released movies over multiple decades. I think you don't want to risk dedicating a completely redone multi-faceted building/attractions to a cartoon that doesn't really fit the parameters of Epcot.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Figment and the playground are my autistic son's FAVORITE things in the entire WDW. The sensory input he recieves is such a welcomed part of our trip. This is terrible news to me.

We have a trip late January 2014. How sad to miss it.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    I'm totally amazed that my Peter Pan vid has almost 70K views.
    69,999 of them are probably my three year old twins. They're absolutely obsessed with watching Disney ride videos on the YouTubes lol
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

At D23 Tony Baxter and Josh Shipley presented a video they did, which recreated the original Journey Into Imagination. They used old footage, pictures, and concept art against the original soundtrack. It's up on youtube.

...Hmmmm

ETA: Apparently Bob Iger made the statement at the Disney Legends presentation that Figment will never leave the parks.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: