Quantcast RUMOR: Captain EO To Depart/Imagination Closing - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clausjo View Post
    Any idea on when Imagination will be closing? This is my daughter's favorite ride and she likes to ride with my mom. Mom's in a wheelchair and can't transfer so she's limited on what she can ride on. This is kind of their thing and I'd love for them to ride at least once more. We'll be there the first weekend in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Think it will still be open?
    Only time frame I have seen quoted is winter... Someone said November, another said after the holiday rush... Right now, I would say no confirmation as to when the pavilion is closing...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertip309 View Post
    I'm also one who feels cautiously optimistic after seeing the return of The Enchanted Tiki Room.
    That wasn't Disney magic, it was dumb luck. The building has to be gutted after catching on fire, otherwise Iago would still be a regular at The Enchanted Tiki Room.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I know it's incredibly unlikely and I'm sure to be mocked for even suggesting it, but man would I love it if they brought the original back.
    Not mocking you at all. Think of it--the basic concept of the original ride (love Dreamfinder), but updated with newer technology. Could be some really great effects there. Plus it would keep the ever-popular Figment in the attraction.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Not mocking you at all. Think of it--the basic concept of the original ride (love Dreamfinder), but updated with newer technology. Could be some really great effects there. Plus it would keep the ever-popular Figment in the attraction.
    I still miss the Dreamfinder.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that it's not a complete return to the original. I've only seen it on youtube, and I don't see what everyone loved about it. But then again, a bunch of people wanted the original TikiRoom back, and I didn't get that at all. That attraction is booooorrriiiinnggg. I hope they don't do the same to Imagination. My kids love Figment.

As for Eo, why they ever brought it back is a mystery to me. Outdated and uninteresting. Here's hoping for a very cool effects 3D with mass appeal. Or singular appeal....like Tron!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

^ For one, the original was twice as long (and the ride track is still in place). It had show elements, and incredible effects for it's time, and told a much more descriptive story. The latest version is a really cheapened, shorter version of the original.

If the rumor is true, and we've heard this one on and off for years, all I hope is that they figure out how to reinvent the labs, and put them back upstairs. Some of the best views of FW are up there.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I would love for them to reopen the upstairs Imagination playground. They can update it and add cool new stations. I loved the feel of being up there and the lighting was awesome.

As for updating the ride I would hope they kept Figment. I love Figment. One of a kind only place to see him cool little purple dino. I also would not mind Phineas and Ferb joining Figment, but Perry might. lol

Captain EO- Never a fan glad to see it go.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

More than likely, upstairs will not be returning...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they keep Figment, it is a tradition in my family every time we go to WDW! With the refurb, I hope they find use for the rainbow tunnel...I saw on youtube that it is still upstairs in the Imagination pavilion!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    More than likely, upstairs will not be returning...
    Stupid fire safety requirements. :P
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I roll my eyes at the current ride, and I never saw the previous version. But my two DD's, and my DW love this ride. They'll be sad to see it changed.

I'd be surprised if they got rid of Figment. His merchandise sells.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever they plan is, I hope they do not let the guy who designed The Three Cabaleros, Nemo, and the new Under the Sea ride in Fantasy land do the design work. Those are by far the worst new attractions and some of the worst in the parks period. We were so completely disappointed with Under the Sea. We all felt like we had already ridden it before because it is so similar to Nemo. The projection screens just aren't very exciting for us. You know they are bad rides when you can walk straight on them any time of the day during the peak summer season.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's incredibly unlikely and I'm sure to be mocked for even suggesting it, but man would I love it if they brought the original back.

Before you laugh completely, remember they did essentially that with the Tiki Room.
    They kind of *had to* with the Tiki Room, what with Iago *exploding* and everything; they HAD to go "back to the old show". The "New Management" should would NOT have made any sense without Iago yelling and screaming.

With JiYI, the original load turntable is/was *soooo* out of whack (off-balance, won't sync up with the ride vehicles, etc.), I'm not even sure the turntable is still even there. You walk right across it coming through the current queue. They also removed about 2/3rds of the original ride's length and physical track for the "new" version.

I *HOPE* and pray that Figment stays. He's an EPCOT original
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first I've heard about the upstairs Imageworks being any kind of a hazard, why would it be unlikely for it to return?

Post Thanks / Like

Before you laugh completely, remember they did essentially that with the Tiki Room.

But what about SCIENCE, echo, SCIENCE, echo, SCIENCE......

My favorite line in the original. Thankfully, I have the audio recording of the soundtrack!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I just remembered - as a Kodak employee (I worked there in 2002) - I got to go into the VIP lounge next to Captain EO (was Honey I Shrunk the Audience at that time).

It was losing its lustre then, but you could see at one time it was swanky. They had photos in notebooks of MJ at the opening of Captain EO, free drinks and a nice place to rest during the pre-show.

You went down the back steps 5 minutes before the door opened to the show - so it was nice to skip the line (at the time that show was popular).

Supposedly, all the other pavilions have VIP sections too.

I wonder during all these rehabs, if the VIP areas remain?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

They kind of *had to* with the Tiki Room, what with Iago *exploding* and everything; they HAD to go "back to the old show". The "New Management" should would NOT have made any sense without Iago yelling and screaming.
    Can someone please explain this, first I've heard of it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    Can someone please explain this, first I've heard of it.
    There was a fire and Iago got fried... So, instead of creating more Iago AAs, they reverted to the original Tropical Serenade minus a few of the original song sets...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I hope they don't do the same to Imagination. My kids love Figment.
    Well Figment was an integral part of the original, sooooooooooooooooooo .....
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    There was a fire and Iago got fried... So, instead of creating more Iago AAs, they reverted to the original Tropical Serenade minus a few of the original song sets...
    So the tiki gods took their revenge
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: