Quantcast New Soarin Over the World Film?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Soarin Over the World Film?

For several years now fans have been talking online about a new film for Soarin, possibly themed to sights around the world... The new film has been dubbed Soarin Over the World... Well, news has been leaking out to several sites that the new film may finally be hitting Epcot in 2016... So, no longer will guests fly over California... Instead, guests will be taken on a flight over countries such as:

England, France, Italy, Egypt, India, China, Japan, and the USA (with NYC and the Grand Canyon featured)...

So it seems Epcot is going to be getting some love with Imagination and Soarin's new film in 2016.. Now, if they would only take care of the mess that is SSE's descent, WoL' rotting pavilion, Universe of Energy being stuck in the 80's, Odyssey being unused most of the time, and a new country or two, Epcot could be brought back to its hey day... of course, unless they toonify everything like they did with Seas.. LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one rumor I just have to say 'believe it when I see it." Hope I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

What is happening with imagination?
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    What is happening with imagination?
    Never mind.... Should have looked at the other posts
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This is one rumor I just have to say 'believe it when I see it." Hope I'm wrong.
    Same here, it never goes away... But it seems to have gotten a little more life to it this time... But again, we'll have to see if it happens this time...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it would be cool if it worked like star tours; theres a bank of 12-18 scenes and each time you ride you would get 6 random scenes. something to keep it fresh, because in my mind, it doesn't matter what movie you see, it's going to get stale after years of watching the same thing
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it should be random scenes. That is the best thing that they did for star tours. Only problem is that even with the same scene it has such long wait times and would be even worse if it changes every ride. Maybe they should build another one along side it as I don't see it slowing down.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with adding to SSE's descent. Soaring was all about California but I wouldn't be opposed to a change of film once in a while.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that multiple films would be awesome! But even just an upgrade with one movie would be great for Epcot. I go on Soarin' in CA because it makes sense but take at pass at WDW.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope the info is correct. I enjoy Soarin' over California, but I am ready for a change. It fits in Disneyland, but the world needs for come to come to the World.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as they keep the orange smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does it take 3 years to make a new film and coordinate the ride structure with it?? I am still a huge Disney fan. But all of these announcements of things that will be delivered multiple years away is just crazy! Get it done!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    Why does it take 3 years to make a new film and coordinate the ride structure with it?? I am still a huge Disney fan. But all of these announcements of things that will be delivered multiple years away is just crazy! Get it done!
    Yeah, I'm with you here. It should take about 6 months max to get some aerial footage. Then just plug it into a computer controlling the lift system. Test it for a few weeks. Back on track without having to be down more than a few weeks.

Maybe they could even add something from the new Pixar film, Planes. That would be great, right DisneyFreak!!!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Maybe they could even add something from the new Pixar film, Planes. That would be great, right DisneyFreak!!!
    I actually just read that Planes isn't Pixar, it's Disney. I was pretty surprised .
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Shhhhh you may give them another terrible idea...

Actually, there was a rumor that as part of DHS' version of Cars Land, a Planes spinner would be included... But, that was only a rumor...

Post Thanks / Like

I actually kind of like Soarin' as it is now but maybe because I only go to Disney once a year and only ride Soarin' once on my trips. To be fair, I do understand other peoples' opinions and I feel like they should offer the random scenes like in Star Tours as suggested because I wouldn't mind a different film but at the same time I do enjoy the California adventure....
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: