Quantcast Star Wars Galaxy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Galaxy

I read somewhere about two weeks online that Disney is thinking of expanding their Star Wars universe/park at Hollywood Studios. Is this TRUE??!!! I would SOOOOOOOO love to see some more Star Wars awesomeness! I heard a restaurant possibly ...maybe another ride? As classic as the 'old' Star Tours ride was ..I'm in love with the new version ..and wish so much they'd do more. And yes I LOVE the Star Wars weekends...that alone should be a testimony to Disney that Star Wars will attract fans from young to old...male & female!! I mean...really...who loves that Motors Action show? And those streets of nothing but fake buildings ...I've always seen it as a waste of space (of course except at Xmas time!) ...anyway...is Star Wars expansion rumor or truth???!
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now anything you've heard about Star Wars is wishful thinking and fans dreaming. Disney is going to utilize Star Wars more, and it is very possible that they will bring more Star Wars to DHS, but nothing has been announced and right now nothing has gone farther than the Blue Sky stage. However, Disney will be holding a Star Wars focused press conference at D23 at 1:30 eastern time today so we'll see what comes out of that.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I know this. If I spent 4 billion dollars to acquire something, it wouldn't take me 5 minutes to take DHS and turn it into Star Wars Land. Here's hoping it happens and happens soon.

And you KNOW it'll attract a lot more customers than Avatar land.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I know this. If I spent 4 billion dollars to acquire something, it wouldn't take me 5 minutes to take DHS and turn it into Star Wars Land. Here's hoping it happens and happens soon.

And you KNOW it'll attract a lot more customers than Avatar land.
    I'm not much of a Star Wars person but it's true SW would attract more people. I think it would be interesting to expand SW into Streets of America as it is a waste of space (minus Xmas of course). I think expanding SW and keeping one section of SoA open for character greeting would be nice.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

When it was MGM Studios and the theme was still about making movies, the Streets of America made sense. But now that the name has changed, the animation stuff is gone, and the backstage tour is a shadow of what it used to be, I could see that area easily being converted.

But I do happen to like the car stunt show, so I'll miss that. I am also a Star Wars geek, so I'm sure there will be a happy medium.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone enjoy those huge Star Wars announcements at D23?? LOL... Yea, what announcements is right.... Why weren't there any announcements?? The plans have not been finalized nor green lit...

Don't worry, we'll hear Star Wars announcements in a few weeks time, probably closer to October... For Disneyland and the over seas parks... WDW??? Maybe we'll hear about them too... But if we don't, no worry... DHS is going to be getting a Star Wars expansion... Just a matter of when, not if... 2016 - 2018 looks to be the time frame being tossed around right now... This expansion is on the fast track and been pushed to the forefront...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Everyone enjoy those huge Star Wars announcements at D23?? LOL... Yea, what announcements is right.... Why weren't there any announcements?? The plans have not been finalized nor green lit...

Don't worry, we'll hear Star Wars announcements in a few weeks time, probably closer to October... For Disneyland and the over seas parks... WDW??? Maybe we'll hear about them too... But if we don't, no worry... DHS is going to be getting a Star Wars expansion... Just a matter of when, not if... 2016 - 2018 looks to be the time frame being tossed around right now... This expansion is on the fast track and been pushed to the forefront...
    Perfect timing for the release of the next movies is my thinking.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DizneyFreak2002;2370457This expansion is on the fast track and been pushed to the forefront...[/QUOTE]

As it should be.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Star Wars projects for Disneyland will be announced this fall... I will assume WDW will be announced too... But nothing solid from people who would know...

Doesn't seem as if Cars Land, or a WDW version of it, is even a possibility anymore...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Star Wars projects for Disneyland will be announced this fall... I will assume WDW will be announced too... But nothing solid from people who would know...

Doesn't seem as if Cars Land, or a WDW version of it, is even a possibility anymore...
    Good I'd like it if WDW didn't get a Cars Land we don't need everything the same across the globe. I really hope that once Star Wars Land is announced that it is a major add on much like Cars Land in CA.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Good I'd like it if WDW didn't get a Cars Land we don't need everything the same across the globe. I really hope that once Star Wars Land is announced that it is a major add on much like Cars Land in CA.
    Agreed! From a business perspective, I think the variety is a good thing. It will ensure tourism across the two parks, nationally. I can't see how Disney wouldn't want to make the most of their 4 billion dollar expansion. This is the one IP that can really go toe to toe with the Potter Universe down the road. The loyalty and enthusiasm of Star Wars fans is incredible. After all, Lucas pretty much invented the current marketing we see of movie franchises today. I see a Star Wars land as the next logical step in this legacy and revenue monster. When the next wave of films come out, a Star Wars land will be fantastic marketing that will actually generate additional revenue while advertising for the films. One will feed the other effortlessly.

I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but one must admit that the possibilities are endless for attractions, stores, and cantinas - I mean restaurants
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Totally agree... leave Cars Land in DCA and stay a DCA exclusive... Disney clones rides way too much... However, I think we'll see some aspects of it in DHS, just not the entire land as once proposed... I think we'll eventually see a dark ride, not Radiator Springs Racers... But after Star Wars, which won't be opening til 2017 at the earliest (though smaller parts may begin coming on line in 2016)...

as long as TDO does not get their hands on the project and start cutting things out and value engineering the additions to death (something they are great a doing), Star Wars should turn out OK... And if Burbank truly is running the lead on this project, then TDO's hands are tied, which is a GREAT thing... Cause anything TDO touches turns to garbage...

Post Thanks / Like

At the D-23 Expo nothing was said about the WDW parks. Kathy Mangum did tell me that they recently did a review of all four parks. That didn't tell me much. Although something is being planned for the World Showcase.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree... leave Cars Land in DCA and stay a DCA exclusive... Disney clones rides way too much... However, I think we'll see some aspects of it in DHS, just not the entire land as once proposed... I think we'll eventually see a dark ride, not Radiator Springs Racers... But after Star Wars, which won't be opening til 2017 at the earliest (though smaller parts may begin coming on line in 2016)...

as long as TDO does not get their hands on the project and start cutting things out and value engineering the additions to death (something they are great a doing), Star Wars should turn out OK... And if Burbank truly is running the lead on this project, then TDO's hands are tied, which is a GREAT thing... Cause anything TDO touches turns to garbage...
    And they don't clone the one attraction to Florida they should have, Indy's Temple
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    At the D-23 Expo nothing was said about the WDW parks. Kathy Mangum did tell me that they recently did a review of all four parks. That didn't tell me much. Although something is being planned for the World Showcase.
    More dining...

Quote Originally Posted by Tearin_it_up View Post
    And they don't clone the one attraction to Florida they should have, Indy's Temple
    Once the stunt show closes, WDW will have no Indiana Jones at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Once the stunt show closes, WDW will have no Indiana Jones at all...
    This kills me.

It's funny, I was worried of it leaving before Disney bought Lucas. I thought buying it would save Indy
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: