Quantcast FP+ Confusion - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FP+ Confusion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Oh, and i have also been told..that WDW/DLR will NOT eliminate traditional FP even when plus is out.
    So, who knows....but in the end, I'll figure it all out.
    If they choose not to eliminate FP, they will have to retrofit every FP kiosk to dispense FP for paperless ticket media. Or they will be saying that you can choose the old ticket media and have access to old FP, or take new ticket media ("paperless tickets" / "magic bands") and be restricted to use of FP+ only.

That situation would be way more confusing for the guests. That would seem to be the least desirable route for Disney.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. We have annual passes & were told by the CM over the phone we would be able to use both the bracelet for the 3 FP+ & our passes for traditional paper passes. I guess I'll call again today.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    Thanks for your reply. We have annual passes & were told by the CM over the phone we would be able to use both the bracelet for the 3 FP+ & our passes for traditional paper passes. I guess I'll call again today.
    The AP situation is somewhat complicated, though. The new AP tickets are considered "paper media", as they are cards, but they also have RFID enabled. I do not know if it is possible to have both media active at the same time (paperless "magic bands" and the AP cards) in the parks. I have heard of AP holders being able to link their AP with MDE (for scheduling FP+) and using FP, but not being able to use a bracelet and the AP at the same time.

The CM may have been right, but it wouldn't be the first time that a CM has given somebody information that ends up being wrong once you're on site.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping both active sounds a reasonable compromise to me, resort guests and/or obsessive plannrs can get their little bit extra without it harming the experience of others. It would just mean getting the balance right to make sure the right number of each FP and FP+ was printed. This may explain why FP+ is limited to 3 tickets per day.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that during testing you would be able to get FP and FP+ but when it goes resort wide FP would be phased out. We'll see.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We leave in 14 days and are testing the fast pass+. I have made our fast pass selections that consisted of a choice of 3 attractions with an assigned bonus attraction for magic kingdom. I was able to pick times that worked best for us and so far it seems pretty cool. They use dining reservations and such to plan the best choices of times based on all your reservations that day. For example they considered my crystal palace breakfast time and then gave me 4 choices of times for my selected attractions. They are grouped based on proximity to each other and our breakfast. I have two reservations that I linked on My Disney Experience as well as listed everyone as "family or friends" on there as well. I was able to select whomever i wanted to make these fast pass selections. As to whether we will be allowed to use the old system while we are there I will have to report back to everyone. We are prepared for glitches and are 10 pretty laid back folks so we will take it as it comes. Will keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like it would be a lot easier for DW to simply cover the FP kiosk that do not have any left then to eliminate all of those systems and leave a lot of people much more confused.

Also, there are really only a handful of rides that actually truly need FP and if you back to a regular operating schedule on other rides it could take some of the "planning" burden off individuals. Use the 3 to get on the 3 super-headliners at some point throughout the day guaranteed and then go from there.

Personally, planning 3 blocks for the major rides isn't too much of a burden when you really almost have to do it anyway with the current system and even have less of a "known" factor. If you go to TSM and all thats left is 540:640 and you have a 530 ADR somewhere, and with them no longer accepting late FPs it can leave you in a bind.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Think I'll just skip the rides where a FP is not necessary
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We got the invite yesterday for our trip from 8/20-8/28. We have to do it by 8/10 to have our bracelets delivered to us by 8/20. Going to set it up in the next few days. I will keep you posted throughout the process. I'm anxious, curious but mostly excited.
    We have been following these FP+ threads. We will be at AKL the end of October. We noticed on our account page that some things were looking different then in the past. Does this mean we will be part of the test group. Are certain resorts only included. Does using DME come into play? We are flying into Sanford this trip and driving ourselves in. We were hoping to utilize the new FP+ system.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    We have been following these FP+ threads. We will be at AKL the end of October. We noticed on our account page that some things were looking different then in the past. Does this mean we will be part of the test group. Are certain resorts only included. Does using DME come into play? We are flying into Sanford this trip and driving ourselves in. We were hoping to utilize the new FP+ system.

I believe everyone can see the fastpass+ related links in My Disney Experience, I do not believe that alone indicates you have been chosen. We leave next week, have not been chosen and I can see those links also.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

....our Magic Bands arrived today (nice colors) , and my wife just showed me our official WDW itinerary and the FP+ 'agenda' we have on the Disney web site

....I agree that 3 rides per day for only one park ...is a bummer ....because we always have the park hopper option .....and we always are at 2 parks (minimum) per day. Maybe it's a part of a WDW plan for 'crowd control' ....keeping persons at one park for a longer time?

....it's a little too much 'planning' for my mind ....but we'll see how it works .....and ....

....how I feel about being WDW's FP+ ..'lab rat' (anyone got some cheese? ....squeak ...squeak)
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I was told that during testing you would be able to get FP and FP+ but when it goes resort wide FP would be phased out. We'll see.
    This is true. At some time in the future after the complete roll out of FP+ the existing FP distribution machines will be removed and paper FPs will no longer exist. FP access will be via wristbands or plastic cards with embedded RFID chips.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    This is true. At some time in the future after the complete roll out of FP+ the existing FP distribution machines will be removed and paper FPs will no longer exist. FP access will be via wristbands or plastic cards with embedded RFID chips.
    For "day guests" or those not "pre-booking" through the MDE app, there will be iPad stations staffed with Guest Relations cast throughout the parks where you will select your FastPasses for the day. Some are currently operating in the parks on a limited basis.

Similar to what is currently operating but will use the RFID ticketing media.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH spoke to Disney yesterday regarding this. We got an invitation to try the new system. We were told that the 3 FP plus options were in addition to regular fast pass. And did not effect the traditional fast passes you get in the park. I hope the cast member was right.
    Sorry the CM was wrong. Once you take the FP+ band you get 3 maybe 4 FP+ for one park each day.
    You can not use regular fast pass at all if you have the band. this is how it was working last week. It keeps MK very crowded and the standby lines super duper long!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in September- I'm curious to see how it works with the smaller fall crowds vs. summer peak crowds...
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!