Quantcast San Angel Inn?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: San Angel Inn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default San Angel Inn?

Hi so my trip is August 14th to the 21st and I'll be dining at San Angel Inn at 6:45pm for dinner. I've never eaten at this restaurant before and I'm going to be there the 17th (a Saturday night) if that makes any difference. I will be dining with my parents and sister, in total that'll be 4 people.
    There are two things I wish to know:

1. Would it be possible to request a table as close to the boat ride as possible? If so, when should I request this?

2. What entrees would you recommend ordering there? My family rarely eats Mexican food but I LOVE spicy food

Thanks all help appreciated!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

....if you have a few 'top shelf' margaritas before dinner ....you won't worry about the food choices!!

....but seriously ...we've had dinner there 8 of the 10 times we've been to WDW ...and have had a great time!!

If you like fish, the Mahi-Mahi Veracruz is very tasty ...as is the Mole Poblano (grilled cicken breast.) There is also a Ribeye Steak dish that's very good too... and the Traditional Mexican Dinner, that has grilled skirt steak, etc., with soup and a flan dessert is a great 'variety" dish to get a good tasting of the Mexican menu.

I wouldn't call the food as being seasoned as 'spicy' ....I'd really call it as being seasoned as "tasty". I don't think WDW chefs want to burn anyone's tongue.

...but definitely get some of the "sides" ...particularly the fried plantains (completely addictive) and the guacamole is good too.

...and.... leave room for dessert ...the Mexican bread pudding (for lack of a better name at the moment) was delicious.

...not sure about the seating location issue ...all I guess you can do is ask ....I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you of they can
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

It is possible to request a table by the water. Be extra nice and willing to wait and sometimes it works out, sometimes it is impossible to accommodate. Depends on your party size and what is coming available. Check in a bit early.

The Carne Asada is pretty spicy if you're looking for some heat. Anything with the salsa verde has a bit more heat on the tongue, if that's what you're after.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It is possible to request a table by the water. Be extra nice and willing to wait and sometimes it works out, sometimes it is impossible to accommodate.

Be on time. Honour the fact things are busy. Mention that you're really hoping for a spot by the water. If that's met with silence while looking up, mention that you're willing to wait as necessary and that you realize it's busy. If they're looking things up and saying it might be a bit of a wait, tell them that's fine and that you're more than willing.....often times it isn't too much more and you're given a pager and the run of the area.

This actually DIDN'T work for us at San Angel Inn but they were SWAMPED, but it has worked for us for window seats at Narcoosee's and for water seats at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland Paris.

Never hurts to try! =)
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I am actually under the drinking age but will keep the suggestions in mind for my parents. Any other suggestions for the entree part anyway?
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: