Quantcast New Fanatasyland not so Fantastic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fanatasyland not so Fantastic

Was in WDW last week and the NEW Fantasyland was a HUGE disappointment. It has been overhyped for the last few years and for what???

One new ride (Ariel's underwater adventure), another eatery (gastons), and another useless gift shop dedicated to Belle.

All in all it a lot of fluf. Wasted land except when the new mine roller coaster opens.

They used way too much land for a "no frills" ariel ride..Everytime we tried to get on Ariel's ride, there was no wait or it was closed for malfunctions. It took a half hour just to get to the **** ride. I think the imagineers expected this one to be a hit......NOT!!!!! With all the zig zags to the actual ride.

Not another story with Ariel or meet and greet designated area......

Imagineers.....use your imagination!!!!!

'82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree on the Ariel ride. It could have been a show stopper, but it is just another ho hum dark ride. We ate at both Gaston's and Be Our Guest. Both were very good, so no complaints there.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. We loved New Fantasyland. We saw it in preview phase in October and then again two weeks ago. I thought LM was very well done and Enchanted Tales with Belle was amazing and brought me to tears. Eating at Be Our Guest was by far the best dining experience on Disney property. I completely forgot where I was for an hour. I like where Storybook Circus located. The mine ride will be icing on the cake. I just wish it were open now.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

They chose to go with a classic dark ride made with all the advanced modern technology. I wished they had done more with it than they did, but I understand what they were going for.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it so far. The theming is fantastic. You also have to remember it's not finished.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the ride. I expected to be blown away, and it was just so,so. They copies the plans identically fromDL and I felt they could've improved on some things. Oh yea, the meet and greet Ariel is top notch....
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

The Disneyland version is pretty identical, except that it doesn't have the elaborate queue. And it was always a walk-on when I was there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasy not!

The ride itself wasn't that bad but the footprint is way too big.....they could've tried being more efficient with how they used the space and added another indoor ride similar to Peter pan, buzz.

I like the interactive rides like buzz. Hoping for something on that line.

I can't speak for be our guest restaurant, didn't get to go but I'm expecting it to be good.

The circus area is a plus.......
    '82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Ariel ride, it fits with who fantasyland targets, families with young kids.

And we thought belle was fantastic!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    I disagree. We loved New Fantasyland. We saw it in preview phase in October and then again two weeks ago. I thought LM was very well done and Enchanted Tales with Belle was amazing and brought me to tears. Eating at Be Our Guest was by far the best dining experience on Disney property. I completely forgot where I was for an hour. I like where Storybook Circus located. The mine ride will be icing on the cake. I just wish it were open now.
    When is the new mine ride supposed to open? Is that the last thing to open then it will be complete?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

We only got a little sneak peek on a Nov. trip last year, but we were enchanted by it!

Opus X Guest

We LOVED the new Fantasyland....Cant wait for the Mine Ride to open!!

Post Thanks / Like

We must not be at the same Disney World
    I love the Imagineering. Just to stand and look at Belle's castle, or Ariel's Grotto. When they open the Mine attraction it will feel a lot more open as well.
    My children adore the new Fantasyland. And I do as well.
    Sometimes I think we look to hard and set ourselves up for disappointment instead of just enjoying the moment there.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree the new Fantasyland is a complete waste.

It is so disappointing to see what Disney puts forward as new compared to Universal Studios.
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW SO MUCH NEGATIVITY! i guess you can't please everyone hey?? here's an option.... you can walk right past it if it bothers you so much, go wait an 1hr to ride a 45 sec ride in Peter Pan's Flight(darkride), or another 45 to an 1hr at The Haunted Mansion(darkride), or better yet, go on It's A Small World to hear that song played over and over oh ya.

i'm obviously trying to be funny as me and dw ENJOY ALL OF WDW, like i said can't please everyone.

VIctor

We'll be back in September oh and yes we'll be going to the New Fantasyland.
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    We must not be at the same Disney World
    I love the Imagineering. Just to stand and look at Belle's castle, or Ariel's Grotto. When they open the Mine attraction it will feel a lot more open as well.
    My children adore the new Fantasyland. And I do as well.
    Sometimes I think we look to hard and set ourselves up for disappointment instead of just enjoying the moment there.
    ditto ^

i thought the Enchanted Tales with Belle was adorable, I like the Ariel ride for it's songs and life like models. I like sitting in the dark taking a ride through one of the great movies. i cannot wait for the Seven Dwarves rollercoaster!!! and that will open up the walkway from NF to Storybook Circus, which I adore.

while most of Magic Kingdom is really for the youngsters, i find i really enjoy it.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWgoofy View Post
    I totally agree the new Fantasyland is a complete waste.

It is so disappointing to see what Disney puts forward as new compared to Universal Studios.
    Its hard to compare the two when they appeal to totally different demographics. New Fantasyland made no qualms about admitting its targeting young kids, families and those who really enjoy the "charm" of classic disney theme parks. I'd say they hit that head on.

Universal's new rides have all been targeted at the thrill ride seeker. While its great for older kids and families who enjoy thrill rides my nephews (3 & 11 and scared of large or intense rides) could find very little to get excited about there.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Its hard to compare the two when they appeal to totally different demographics. New Fantasyland made no qualms about admitting its targeting young kids, families and those who really enjoy the "charm" of classic disney theme parks. I'd say they hit that head on.

Universal's new rides have all been targeted at the thrill ride seeker. While its great for older kids and families who enjoy thrill rides my nephews (3 & 11 and scared of large or intense rides) could find very little to get excited about there.
    Bingo. It's all about the target market. Disney is for families of all ages. Universal, I would dare say, is not. New Fantasyland, by its definition, is for younger kids and their parents. I was not impressed with the Little Mermaid ride either, and haven't had a chance to do Storytime with Belle. Be Our Guest i've eaten at for both lunch and dinner, and it was fantastic. And the theming for the area is amazing. I can't wait to see what happens with the Mine Cart ride. I'm picturing it being kind of like Big Thunder Mountain, with newer ride technology. Not super fast, no real thrills, but still a pretty cool ride.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally disagree.

Be Our Guest is stunning and we loved the food.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is sweet and my kids love it as well.

Stopping for a brew and a pork shank at Gaston's is a must for us now.

And Ariel's ride, sorry you've had bad luck. We've been to new FL multiple times and never had an issue with this ride.

You really can't please all guests.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I talked about this on one of our podcasts, but I have somewhat mixed feelings about it so far.

Does it look good? Yes. The attention to detail was pretty exceptional. And I personally really loved the Little Mermaid attraction, as did my kids (who are really the target audience here). I'll never criticize them for building classic-style dark rides. I don't think they do enough of them, actually.

I was pretty disappointed by Story Time with Belle. It looked okay, but the experience was pretty cheap overall. I felt like a lot more could have been done with it. The portal door is the peak of the experience, which is cool but not enough to sustain an entire attraction.

And at the end of the day, if you really look with a critical eye, you're net neutral in terms of new rides at this point. You lost Snow White and gained Little Mermaid. The biggest new "attraction" is a restaurant which admittedly is cool but come on ... it's a restaurant.

I'm reserving final judgement until I see 7DMT. It looks like it's going to be pretty epic, so that might be enough to push it over the top.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: