Quantcast Flash pictures on dark rides

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flash pictures on dark rides

Just had to post that when they ask you not to take flash pictures on attractions like the haunted mansion and pirates, it is for a reason. The bright flash in the dark ride hurts! I can't believe people still try to take pictures! Members of their own parties should hit them hard.

We were on pirates two weeks ago and this woman was taking flash pictures. After the first few, I politely said "no flash pictures please!" Needless to say, she continued. It completely ruined my experience. At the exit, I said (still politely) that there are no flash pictures on this attraction. She then proceeded to argue with me! I asked her to ask a CM and walk away. I could hear her asking a CM and the response that there are no flash pictures allowed.

I can't believe it still makes my blood boil!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the fact that those are the rules, and they are for a reason, I don't understand why people bother, they usually come out bad anyways
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I hate this! It drives crazy when people are taking pictures, totally destroys the magic.

One time, on the Haunted Mansion, there was a couple that was taking tons of pictures in the queue, in the stretching room, so we made sure there was a lot of people between us and them.

Needless to say, I could see them taking pictures throughout the ride, but we were far enough behind that it didn't bother us.

I've been known to "mention" it to people when it is totally ruining my ride experience.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to have gotten pretty bad, on Pirates, Spaceship Earth, Nemo, etc. And I'm not talking one pic, I mean they take a pic in every scene. Like was previously mentioned, the pics don't come out anyway. It drives me whacko, but I think iPad photography has become more aggravating for me. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

I would complain to a CM and ask for a front of the line pass and if not definitely try the ride again since the lines go fast for PotC
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to my daughter and I on Pirates. The people who shared our boat took flash pics non-stop. Not only did it ruin the dark ride experience, but the stress of being so angry with them put even more of a damper on things. They obviously only thought of themselves. They couldn't have cared less about us!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, you'd swear we were in the seat behind someone from Life Magazine or something the way he was snapping off pictures. And it wasn't one shot at a time. It was...

Ga-zheh, ga-zheh, ga-zheh, ga-zheh. [PAUSE]
    Ga-zheh, ga-zheh, etc.

Multiple flashes. And for EVERY SCENE!!!!! I'll bet he snapped off a hundred pictures. It was a professional camera.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - and it drives me NUTS!!!

We were on SE in July and the folks in the car in front of us took flash pictures NON-STOP. I mean MULTIPLE pictures in EVERY SCENE! I even called out, "No flash pictures please!" Well they continued so DH and I could only assume that they did not speak English or something... but still... it completely ruined the experience for us and it's one of my favorite rides. When we got off I went up to them and told them that there was no flash photography allowed with hand signals so that they understood. But how do you NOT know that it is just rude to do that..?

Can't wait to go on SE again for a "re-do" !!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support - I was feeling bad about being so mad! You know the worst part was the woman did speak English - just self-centered and rude. Horrible!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This seems to have gotten pretty bad, on Pirates, Spaceship Earth, Nemo, etc. And I'm not talking one pic, I mean they take a pic in every scene. Like was previously mentioned, the pics don't come out anyway. It drives me whacko, but I think iPad photography has become more aggravating for me. Ugh.
    Amen. I hate IPADs/tablet photography. But, the planet is like 99% idiots and must flash photo and talk through every ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Amen. I hate IPADs/tablet photography. But, the planet is like 99% idiots and must flash photo and talk through every ride.
    Next will be those taking pics on the rides with their iPads. Wait for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should make them ride Small World 300 times and take at least 100 pictures each time. Who's with me?
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Last year, you'd swear we were in the seat behind someone from Life Magazine or something the way he was snapping off pictures. And it wasn't one shot at a time. It was...

Ga-zheh, ga-zheh, etc.

Multiple flashes. And for EVERY SCENE!!!!! I'll bet he snapped off a hundred pictures. It was a professional camera.
    This made me chuckle! But I do understand.
    My best friend did it once. She didn't hear the direction I guess and before I knew it she snapped and they came over the PA and said "No flash photography please." I admit, I laughed!!!

ON another note, I have a SPD/ASD son and he does great in dark rides, but when there are sudden multiple flashes like that from too close it freaks him out.

And I agree, they don't turn out. And it doesn't capture that magic you feel in the moment. You'd be better off videoing the ride without the light.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Next will be those taking pics on the rides with their iPads. Wait for it.
    Oh I've already seen that!!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest flash photography gripe at WDW is in the Little Mermaid Show at DHS. I love this attraction.
    I have been known to yell out--"NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" when people start taking pictures--especially during the Under the Sea scene with the puppets. When the flash goes off everyone can now see the puppeteers on stage manipulating the puppets. I'm sure it is also dangerous for the puppeteers on stage.

It is one of my favorite shows and I hate when it is ruined by thoughtless people. On top of that the pics these inconsiderate people are taking won't even look good!!
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchWDFun View Post
    My biggest flash photography gripe at WDW is in the Little Mermaid Show at DHS. I love this attraction.
    I have been known to yell out--"NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" when people start taking pictures--especially during the Under the Sea scene with the puppets. When the flash goes off everyone can now see the puppeteers on stage manipulating the puppets. I'm sure it is also dangerous for the puppeteers on stage.

It is one of my favorite shows and I hate when it is ruined by thoughtless people. On top of that the pics these inconsiderate people are taking won't even look good!!
    Strange, but that's the one show where the are very strict on flash photography. I've seen Cast Members pop up during the show and reprimand the offenders, and they are SERIOUS. It can really mess up the live performers.

Along these lines, I also get extremely aggravated by those folks filming in a show. Who wants to see 15 phone screens (and now iPad screens) in front of them while trying to enjoy The American Adventure or Hall of Presidents? I'm just floored by people being so completely inconsiderate sometimes, and then getting defensive when you say something about it.

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to us several times! If you let a CM know they will let you ride again!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

.....happens all the time on rides like Pirate of the Caribbean or the Maelstrom.

....and I have no problem (much to the dismay of my wife) in letting the people with the cameras know that I don't appreciate it ....."Excuse me ....can you pop that flash a few hundred more times ....I'm not quite totally blinded yet".

....although my comment seems a bit crass and forward (rather than letting a CM know) .....it 'breaks the ice' with others on the ride that are also not pleased and gets them to speak up also.

....the whole "strength in numbers" thing goes a long way.

....I'm waiting ...anxiously ...for one of those photo snapping yahoo's to drop their I pad / phone / camera into "the drink" on POTC ...so that I can give them a vigorous round of applause.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoop de do View Post
    I think we should make them ride Small World 300 times and take at least 100 pictures each time. Who's with me?
    "Its a small world after all"

I always seem to run into the shutterbugs on HM. Usually in the room with Madam Leota. One time a guy got me right between the eyes with the red light from his camcorder. So annoying
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I goofed up one time in Pirates and had a camera that, even with the flash off, had a light sensor that would flash repeatedly for the autoexposure feature of the camera. Once I realized that it was me causing the problem, I shut the camera off!!! It was too late to apologize to the other riders, but I felt about 2 inches tall!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: