Quantcast long lines and fastpass+ - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

not having tried the new system yet, but having visited WDW in almost every month, my first trip and several after in August have always been the most crowded. and for some reason August the month that seems to have the highest temps, had the lines i waited in the longest. Aside from Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Great Movie Ride and Backlot tours seemed the longest. i assumed it was the extra long queue's where you think you are almost there then you turn a corner and wait some more. who would think Backlot tour and GMR would have such long lines......but august can be torture too .. good luck to those going in august... i went in august 2011..i survived but didnt get done eveything i wanted to...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    FP+ is the one thing in all my planning I haven't been paying much attention to. What's the current deal with it? Which resorts and dates? Every time I log into MDE it gives me a popup about "linking" my reservations, but nothing happens. There are also links to manage wristbands and choose FP+, but nothing happens when you click on them.
    Currently, FP+ testing is by invitation only and is limited to guests with reservations at certain Disney resorts. The resorts so far include CR, POP, YC, CBR, and CSR. As testing continues into September more resorts will be added. WL appears to be one of those, but a complete list has not been released.

Invitations are usually by email, although some have been via pop-up messages on the MDE web site. If the linking messages on MDE lead nowhere, then you have not been selected. Participants have been receiving their invitations at about three weeks prior to their arrival (sometimes less).

Once you are selected the MDE links will work for you, and you will be able to book up to three FPs per day at a single park for the duration on your visit. You cannot reserve additional FPs at a second park on the same day.

If there is sufficient lead time your wristbands will arrive at your door. Otherwise, they will be available for pickup at your resort.

The wristbands contain an RFID chip, and you use the wristband for park admission, Fast Pass access, room key, PhotoPass, and charging of meals and merchandise.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    What will be the impact on passholders? We sometimes get up in the morning and decide to drive over for the day. Will all fast passes have to be prebooked?
    AP holders have not been included in the testing yet, so there are tons of rumors about how it will work for them. The most likely scenario is that all paper AP media will be replaced by plastic cards with imbedded RFID chips. AP holders can then use the MDE web site or app to pre-book dining or FP reservations. This will work for same day booking, but choices will likely be limited due to all those other folks booking well in advance. The AP card will work just like a wristband for park access and FP.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea if these attractions were running at maximum occupancy during these big wait times? Was it simply impossible to keep up, or was management intentionally letting the wait times build up? That would add a little more context.

Post Thanks / Like

AP holders have not been included in the testing yet
    I am an AP holder, received my bands, and I am going to DW later this month. Right now I have my meal reservations and FP+ all picked out using MyDisneyExperience. I will post here when I find out what they do with bands and / or cards.

Gusgus

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that AP holders are now being included, Gusgus. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Any idea if these attractions were running at maximum occupancy during these big wait times? Was it simply impossible to keep up, or was management intentionally letting the wait times build up? That would add a little more context.
    I have no idea if they were running at full capacity. I can just tell you that the standby line while did not look extremely long had very long wait times. Splash and BTMR did break down several times.
    I felt that there were more fast passes and FP+ given out then usual and that they were letting those people on first. One CM at BTMR said, (as we approached a fast pass line that was so long it was out into the normal walkway by where the line is for TSI), that they were going to try to honor the 15 minute wait for FP. It was just about 15-20 minutes before we got on the ride. The stand by line was at 120 minutes and I think it was every minute of that wait and the line was shorter than FP.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I have no idea if they were running at full capacity. I can just tell you that the standby line while did not look extremely long had very long wait times. Splash and BTMR did break down several times.
    I felt that there were more fast passes and FP+ given out then usual and that they were letting those people on first. One CM at BTMR said, (as we approached a fast pass line that was so long it was out into the normal walkway by where the line is for TSI), that they were going to try to honor the 15 minute wait for FP. It was just about 15-20 minutes before we got on the ride. The stand by line was at 120 minutes and I think it was every minute of that wait and the line was shorter than FP.
    This, in my opinion, is a problem. Too many FastPasses/FP+ given out for a given period. I can understand giving FP/FP+ priority, after all, that is what you are given to understand when using them, but if someone in the Stand-By line is waiting for more than an hour, something is definitely wrong with the procedure.

Maybe, when fully implemented, FP+ will take care of some of that by limiting the number of FastPasses per person per day per park. Hopefully, they will also limit the number given out for any one attraction during any time period as well.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gusgus View Post
    I am an AP holder, received my bands, and I am going to DW later this month. Right now I have my meal reservations and FP+ all picked out using MyDisneyExperience. I will post here when I find out what they do with bands and / or cards.
    A question for you, Gusgus. Were you able to link your AP to MDE? Or are you participating in the test because you are staying at one of the test phase resorts?
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about the rope drop, baby! If you are touring the parks on a day when the crowds are a 10 out of 10, you gotta get there for the rope drop, or you are wasting your time waiting in lines.

Here is how we plan on using FastPass+. We will get to the parks at rope drop. Hit as many rides as possible until 1:00 or so, head back to the resort for a late lunch, nap, swim, etc, then head back to the park for our 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 FP+.

Just a "theory" at this point.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    It's all about the rope drop, baby! If you are touring the parks on a day when the crowds are a 10 out of 10, you gotta get there for the rope drop, or you are wasting your time waiting in lines.

Here is how we plan on using FastPass+. We will get to the parks at rope drop. Hit as many rides as possible until 1:00 or so, head back to the resort for a late lunch, nap, swim, etc, then head back to the park for our 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 FP+.

Looks like this might be the new "in-the-know" strategy going forward, which also adds park-hopping to the equation.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

A question for you, Gusgus. Were you able to link your AP to MDE?
    I was able to link my AP renewal to MDE

Or are you participating in the test because you are staying at one of the test phase resorts?
    Yes I am staying at one of the test phase resorts

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like a "Liner"...are you a Liner?

Either way getting there at rope drope or at least having a solid touring plan is key to any fun day in the parks.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that AP holders are now being included, Gusgus. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Two quick things. After a bumpy start I have my AP on my magic band. I will post details in a separate thread soon.

My opinion: we come at the same time in August every year and the lines are longer. I do NOT in my opinion believe it is because of magic band testing. Although I see people with bands on there aren't very many. For example, We were on a loooong fast past return line at Test Track yesterday and we were the only ones with bands. We got to the park very late at 10:30 and the cast member at the gate said "wow the first wrist band I saw all morning"

Gusgus

Post Thanks / Like

We've been invited into a test and sounds like my wife wants to give it a shot so that we get to provide feedback to Disney about it. I'll be looking forward to putting it through its paces, since I'm already not a fan of the concept. It will either win me over, or I will get to provide input on what I think is wrong.

Opus X Guest

Heck yes!!! We open and close the parks!! ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS ride and ride and ride and still have time to take it all in. Folks that snooze lose...Been that way since 1971 and will be that way in 2171!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, will they eventually only have Ft+? I am confused. Will all fast passes be arranged before your vacation? If so, what happens to families like mine, we get up and decide to go to a park that morning? Will we still be able to take advantage of fast passes?
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    So, will they eventually only have Ft+? I am confused. Will all fast passes be arranged before your vacation? If so, what happens to families like mine, we get up and decide to go to a park that morning? Will we still be able to take advantage of fast passes?
    Eventually, you will only be able to book FP+ either through a smartphone, computer, or at a kiosk in the parks. Spur of the moment park going may result in the inability to get a fastpass for a major attraction, and it may not be available for any as people take whatever slots they can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mde

What does MDE stand for and why does it already sound like something that's going to be more about planning and less about vacationing?

Opus X Guest

Before regular fast pass....WDW had long lines everyday all day.
    Fast pass has been a god send. I am looking forward to FP+ fully implemented. I will love to book a FP ahead of our trip. There is alot of rumors about what FP+ will be like....time will tell.
    I will remain optimistic it will be just fine. Disney has never let us down yet and I think folks need to wait untill its all ironed out...The sun will come up tomorrow!
    Things will be fine.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: