Quantcast First time visiting in November

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time visiting in November

We usually do late September through early October, but are now planning our next trip for November of 2014. We are planning it around the second week of November, to coincide with my sister and BIL's family vacation, and hopefully get other family member's on board as well.

I went to WDW in November only one other time, and it was pretty cold (for Florida anyway, we did jeans and sweatshirts instead of shorts and tees), but I don't remember the date that we went, since I was still a teenager.

What are the crowds and temps typically like around the second week of November? It will be nice to experience WDW getting decked for Christmas, as opposed to always seeing the Halloween/Fall decor, but I'm a wee bit nervous about the crowd level and or dealing with chilly weather.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom and I usually go around Thanksgiving. Aside from the day after Thanksgiving (which is one of the most crowded days of the year), the crowds are quite manageable. The weather is great! The only time I had to worry about weather was in the afternoon around fireworks time. Silly me wore shorts and my mom wore capris - we freezed our butts off during Illuminations!

Post Thanks / Like

At that time of year, weather is a bit unpredictable. You could be wearing shorts 24/7 or you could need jeans/sweatshirts (particularly for evening times).

Crowds are variable. Very high during the Thanksgiving holiday and there is also a notch up during Jersey week.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We went one year the first week in November, a few days after Halloween and it was around 80-85 every day. I would anticipate the weather to be variable so pack all types of clothing. Crowds were nonexistent when we went. Have fun!!

45 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I will be stocking up on those pants that roll up and button into capris/shorts or zip off at the knee.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: