Quantcast Garlic Sauce

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Garlic Sauce

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garlic Sauce

I love the string beans in garlic sauce that I get at Chinese restaurants. I have bought Chinese garlic sauce at the grocery store and added red pepper to it at home and it's pretty good, but not as good as at the restaurant. Has anyone made homemade garlic sauce at home that tastes just like at the restaurant? I would love to get the recipe.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Google "Chinese garlic sauce". Hit on the top response. That is a very basic and classic recipe. There are a few others but I suspect most restaurants use a version of that one.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Google "Chinese garlic sauce". Hit on the top response. That is a very basic and classic recipe. There are a few others but I suspect most restaurants use a version of that one.

Thanks Natalie, I found it, but I don't have half the ingredients I would need in my kitchen. I'm not a cook and have never even heard of rice vinegar. lol

I am going to try to get everything on my next shopping trip.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Rice Vinegar is delicious! I put it in sliced cucumbers and eat them like that. SO good.

I don't much like sesame oil though. I find it too strong. I usually only use a couple drops and substitute another oil when it's called for.

You can find all that stuff in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

That recipe is similar to what I make except that I use less sugar and instead of chili sauce I use hot chili oil. We like spicy at our house.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks girls! Can't wait to try my own. I love spicy too.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this is just like at the resatuarants ( I love those beans too!), but what I do is take 1 TBS olive oil and mince up a couple cloves of garlic. You can really use as much or as little as you want. Then I heat the oil, sautee the garlic then add the raw green beans. I also add red pepper flakes. Again, as much or as little as you like. I stry fry that with a little soy sauce. It gives a nice flavor and the beans blister. If you have or get some fresh ginger, you can grate a little on to it and sautee that as well. Super easy, too.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Love those green beans in garlic sauce, too.

Story about them: had a bag of leftovers from PF Chang in our mall, green beans in garlic sauce. Really strong smell but I couldn't finish and did not want to leave them behind. So I took them to go. We're walking through the mall, and I split up from husband to do some separate shopping. He calls me from the men's department of Macy's "You have to get over here, I'm standing next to Tedy Bruschi."

Tedy Bruschi! He used to play for the Patriots but he's on ESPN now (which is in nearby Bristol CT). One of the greatest guys in football legend, had a stroke but came back to play. Plus, he's got a great smile. So I ran over there, just in time, Tedy is paying for his underwear. But I realize that I'm holding this bag of reeking green beans that I do not want to lose. So I stood back from afar and watched Tedy, one of my longtime idols, simply pay and leave, instead of being that fan who ran up to adore him reeking of garlic. The green beans won. I'm not sorry. But if you knew how fine the man looked in person, you might think I made the wrong choice.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: