Quantcast Episode 56 - Go To Disneyland!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 56 - Go To Disneyland!

The INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
    The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Christine Warner, Carol Robert, Gary O’Brien & John Yaglenski

- Harry Met Sally - John is turning in his man card.
    - The Girls went to Disneyland last podcast and tell their story.
    - Christine is blown away by Cars Land and how textured and layered Disneyland is.
    - Lots of crying there - Carol talks about Main Street and Christine teared up over the headboards
    - Disney’s America shout out - stupid rich people of Virginia
    - Run Disney left coast style and it was a hot mess according to Christine. Mel had less issues.
    - The Fresh Prince literally lives in Bel-Air
    - Christine was confused by Toad and said - Don’t do drugs!
    - Glow with the show coming to WDW
    - Pal Mickey
    - Take it or League It?
    - New Take it or Leave It Theme! SO AWESOME!!! Tonite’s topic - Paying for a specific resort view. Carol says - Take It… it’s only money! Gary agrees with Carol - and says Take It too! Christine says Take It as well. Mel says in general - Leave It cause we’re cheap! John finally gets to go and says LEAVE IT!
    - John wants socks every day
    - We try to connect with Maria K from the INTERCOT boards who gives us her first hand experiences with MyMagicBand+. She wonders how you might be able to ride with local friends or family who can’t use the bands once the old FastPass system is gone. Park hopping is discouraged by the way things are set up. What happens if a ride is closed or down due to inclement weather? Do you get that one of your 3 passes back? Wrist band key and payment wise, there is a lot to like. Maria proves John right - NO ONE will cancel their fast passes and put them back into the system. INTERCOT Consulting says - BLING - bump and transfer your fast passes to someone else.
    - Quick hit topics… Starbucks at Fountainview is now open. No seating - grab and go. Some coming to Downtown Disney as well.
    - California Grill Re-Opens
    - Princess Fairytale Hall opening as well
    - Gary’s Random Tips - Wet Towels
    - #RT4AT - ReTweet for a Tee - to celebrate the final month of ICOT 15.

>> Listen, Download, Love, Savor the flavor...
    Last edited by John; 10-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

We're cheap!

And yes.....go to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    And yes.....go to Disneyland!
    Eh...I'd would want to go more often if it wasn't in Southern California. I've been to Disneyland a few times, and I do enjoy it, but there is very little else I like in Southern California. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend those who love it there. I know just as many people who dislike where I live or the East Coast in general. It's just different strokes for different folks. I just don't have the desire to fly across the country that often to just spend a few days in Disneyland.

Good podcast, though, folks!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Eh...I'd would want to go more often if it wasn't in Southern California. I've been to Disneyland a few times, and I do enjoy it, but there is very little else I like in Southern California. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend those who love it there. I know just as many people who dislike where I live or the East Coast in general. It's just different strokes for different folks. I just don't have the desire to fly across the country that often to just spend a few days in Disneyland.

Good podcast, though, folks!
    Blasphemy.

Actually, I had that attitude (you know, the Jersey one) too when I first moved to CA. After a couple years, my tune changed drastically. So Cal is paradise. For real.

Can't wait to listen to the podcast!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Is Christine going to burst into flames for saying that? Is she even allowed to say that? Can we get a ruling from the Disney Fan Rulebook?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny, Christine - aside from going to the ocean, we're very content spending the entire week at the parks. Doesn't matter what else is there. I never stray off site when in Florida either. If it weren't for Disney World I'd NEVER go to Florida.

She can say what she wants, Gary. She's just wrong.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoodies

Just put on a new hoodie which reminded me of John's sock thing. I just want to go on record with my vote for new hoodies! Soft socks every day would be good. But I just love a new hoodie....all soft inside before they get washed!!! Ahhhhhhh
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Take it or leave it: leave it.

Good job on the theme song!
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

John - the sock thing... I GET IT. I spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours a day in the gym weight training and I would give my right bicep to have NEW SOCKS EVERY MORNING. lol Good new socks can be like literally putting on small comfy slippers every time!

Shame on people who don't get it. That is all.

steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Bad At All!

Per the technical difficulties of DL'ing the podcasts I finally got thru this one. "stupid-iTunes!"

mariak - great report. Nice visit to the podcast! We go May2014 and - well guess we'll see if DW and I like the bands or not. You put a great deal of time in your trip with the bands - from what I heard. As CW stated...I'M ON VACATION!!! I doubt I'll take screen shots of my reservations...but nice touch. I will miss the ease of the paper FP! We never abused it but really liked it.

JY - socks...REALLY? OK... How about this twist...go buy 50 pairs of the SAME white and black types socks. AND get rid of all your OTHER socks. This way...no more need to spend time PAIRING them up or ending up with an orphan who's mate is gone! Since they will all NOW match just grab 2 and go! I just saved you time while you bask in the comfort of NEW socks!!! LOL

Carol - WOW nice SLAPSHOTS!!! Did you leave any marks?!?! Great comments and FAST!!! But I still have no real desire to visit DL as of yet. Maybe someday. The travel involved to go west, been in LA before and didn't care much for any of it. I'd rather take another DCL trip in the same year vs. the cash for a west coast DL trip. I just have a bad feeling I'd be let down and feel cramped. "layering" - ummmm...no space IMO. I will say CARS LAND does sound very KEWL! Just'sayn...

Take it or leave it... LEAVE IT! DW and I spend like NO time in our resort room. CW you should have had a stroller years back! LOL We have no qualms about walking. YES you will WALK all day at any park. We use the room for down time and yes to sleep and freshen up and that's about it. I like JY's comment...but I'll take merchandise instead or an extra day or 2 for the vacation vs. the extra out-laying of cash for a fancy view in the same resort. Now a BUMP in resort - that's different but not the same as preferred rooms.

All in all great podcast. Theme song...nice effort...but not enough to make me hum or whistle it all day.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

PS. My socks already are 90% the same....
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: