Quantcast Royal Guest Room @ POR - Share your experience?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Royal Guest Room @ POR - Share your experience?

Has anyone had personal experience staying in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside? When we called in to apply the Play, Stay & Dine to our 2014 vacation, our rooms were "upgraded" to these. They look really gussied up on my Image searches. We have a few "tweens" going on this trip, so they may enjoy the theme.

I'm wondering how close I'll be to amenities and transportation? And the pool? All general observations and experiences welcomed & appreciated.

Thank you!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in summer of '12 and I feel in love with the room, and the mansion buildings. I'd only previously stayed in Alligator Bayou. The Mansions that house the Royal Rooms (Oak Manor, Parterre Place) are the furthest away from the lobby/food court/Ol Man Island, towards Port Orleans French Quarter, but it's a lovely walk along the water.

There is a quiet pool between the two Royal Room Mansion buildings, and the main pool Ol Man Island is over by the lobby. There is a bus stop behind the Mansions that isn't too far away. Definitely closer than going to the front of the resort.

I think your tweens will love it! My 12 year old thought it was cool, especially the fiber optic headboards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That the perfect synopsis. Pretty excited now! Getting this room, free dining and running my 1st 1/2 Marathon...I think 2014's going to be my favorite trip yet.

Thanks again!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed there around the same time as Melanie. She covered it very well. We loved it and my kids who can be whiny about walking did not complain about the walking at all.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed there with my mom in Sept. 2012 and we loved the Royal Rooms. Saying they're "farthest" away can be a little misleading if you're not familiar with POR. My mom is 80 and I was a little concerned about how tired she would be coming home from the parks at night and walking to the room. To be honest, we've had longer walks at WL than we did at POR. It's a beautiful stroll along the river and I fell in love with the Mansion buildings. You'll love the rooms...I know we did!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it was a long walk at all! We've had longer at other resorts. The rooms are a bit over the top with "royal" upgrades but they are fun for someone who loves being immersed in Disney magic 24/7. I loved the headboards - I wanted it to stay on all night. The princess pictures are a cute touch - they look like they were taken at various locations around the resort and my daughters loved it when they "found" one of those locations.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Spent my 41st birthday there -
    Loved the room ( Requested a corner room) with 2 nice big windows and I wish I could bring the headboard home with me! Real quiet and beautiful scenary and a great area to take strolls
    the only con was we were between 2 bus stops and me with a bad ankle and DH with bad knees it was a bit much for us with the walking. But even with that, I would go back in a heartbeat!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Oak Manor. We could look directly over to the food court area, but to get there required a walk along the river and then over a bridge. Not as far as some other resorts. One great thing about the buildings with the Royal Guest Rooms, you're really close to FQ and beignets, too.

We left the resort from the east bus stop but when returning to the resort almost always got off at the main bus stop.

I didn't think the room was over the top. I loved having the room version of a good night kiss - lying in bed with the lights out and playing the fiber optics in the head board over and over. Somebody was really thinking when they placed the switch in such a handy location.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

We also enjoyed our stay in a Royal Room last year. I was worried that they would be "too much", but that wasn't the case at all, the "royal" touches are fun but not silly and over the top.

We stayed overlooking the quiet pool, so the walk wasn't bad at all, just across the bridge to the main building and main bus stop.

My only complaint is that the rooms don't have a ceiling fan. But, that's the only thing that I'd change about them.

Enjoy your stay!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned yesterday from a 5 day/4 night stay

We had a Royal guest room. Parterre Place. From my understanding the Royal Guest rooms are only in two buildings.

Our room wasn't super close to the main pool or lobby, but at POR you have to take walking into consideration because it is a spread out resort.

I can honestly say we loved it. Having the room feel new was good. The fireworks on the headboard do not run for long, but were cute nonetheless.

It seemed to be a bigger room, but that could be because of the flat screen tv.

Enjoy your trip!!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

glad to to hear such positive reviews. We'll be there in 68 days!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: