Quantcast FP+ for all?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: FP+ for all?

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP+ for all?

I thought FP+ was only being tested by Disney and handed out randomly...But it appears ALOT of people have it.

Is it availble for all?

How is it different than FP?

We used FP when we were at Disney years ago and liked it. But I am seeing FP+ can work for dining and shows...

Any and information provided would be helpful. We leave for Disney in a litte more than 2 months and I need to be as planned as possible.

FYI: This was a spontaneous trip for DH and I. We decided we need a couples only vacation-we never had a Honeymoon when we married 6 years ago so this is kind of like it. So, literally this trip has been only coming together in the last week or so.
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it different than FP?
    instead of a paper card you will have your FP+ loaded on to your magic bands or a plastic card. you get 3 FP+ a day (as of right now), they can be used for many of the rides character meets and parades. the parades they find a good spot for you to enjoy said parade. The dining you are seeing is a test they are conducting at Be Our Guest for lunch (QS). It doesn't count as part of the 3 FP+. Its their attempt to control the long long lines in front of the restaurant for lunch. I was there 2 weeks ago and could give you more detailed information if you want to send me a private message
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

As Capt_redshirt said, FP+ limits the number of FP you can get for the day to 3 in one singular park in one business day. Not the best thing for Park Hoppers or those who would 'collect' FastPasses (get a new one at the first opportunity) Currently, the testing in EPCOT allows for one "E" ticket attraction and two "other" attractions. You cannot get multiple FP+ options for the same ride/attraction in the same day (at least that I have seen.)

As this is still in testing, things may change.

Make sure you have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account - This will use the same login ID that you have for any of the (actual) Disney sites. If you are within two months (60 days) of your visit, you should be able to customize your MagicBands and select your FP+ option for your visit.

Also, download the MDE app to your smartphone (if you have one) This will allow you to (attempt to) make any changes necessary on-the-fly. The information on MDE is the information that is connected to your MagicBand -- room, MYW tickets, FP+ options, CC info for charging to your room, etc.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Is FastPass+ only for Disney resort guests?
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    Is FastPass+ only for Disney resort guests?
    During testing it was .... to my understanding the moment they take FP off line FP+ will be available to everyone but we don't know the answer as to when that is
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pop! I have the MDE app for my iPad and we are still beyond the 60 day mark but I'll be sure to try it out come day 60
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

Post Thanks / Like

It seems they are still "testing". Not sure when the tests will be completed.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    It seems they are still "testing". Not sure when the tests will be completed.
    ....when it crashes & burns like the Hindenburg did.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

OK still confused about this. I have been researching all this. I am at my 60 out and nothing has become active. I have a package deal so my tickets, hotel resevations and dining reservations are all booked and linked together. So are the MagicBands something I have to purchase or will this be given to me when our packet arrive or when we check in at hotel. Also if I don't have my magic bands how to I select my FP+ selections. Can someone break this down?

June 2007--My Princess #1 First Trip!!!!! Off site
    June 2010--My Princess #2 First Trip!!!! CBR
    Aug 2011--POFQ
    Jan. 2013--POR
    Jan. 2014--I think this is becoming a tradition!! POR
    Jan 2018--All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nqi2 View Post
    OK still confused about this. I have been researching all this. I am at my 60 out and nothing has become active. I have a package deal so my tickets, hotel resevations and dining reservations are all booked and linked together. So are the MagicBands something I have to purchase or will this be given to me when our packet arrive or when we check in at hotel. Also if I don't have my magic bands how to I select my FP+ selections. Can someone break this down?

Magic bands are free you can customise them on MDE soon i would imagine ( mine was 37 days out so i dunno the right answer) if you dont customise them you will get a set of basic gray bands at your hotel the day you arrive. i know they keep saying 60 days out but nothing ive seen durring testing has indicated that you will be able to do all that then. you can always check to see if fp+ is available by going on MDE and seeing if you can access the site. that is how i found out we were eligible for the magic band test. if you have any questions or i didnt make sense send me a message or ask on here ill be sure to answer as best i can
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: