Quantcast September Soiree Part XII Day 8 Dreaded Final Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default September Soiree Part XII Day 8 Dreaded Final Day

Cast:

Heather (Me)
    Ron (DH)
    Matt (DS)
    Emily (DD#3)
    Hallie (DD#4)

Day 8, Sunday, 9/22/13

Today is a bittersweet day. It is Ron's birthday, but we must check out and begin our drive home this evening. Even though we are all packed, Ron will stay behind this morning as he traditionally does when we drive, to get a little extra rest and load the car. He will join us sometime after check out time and he must leave. We give him his birthday present, a soccer jersey and the birthday button I picked up for him yesterday and the rest of us head out to begin our day at Animal Kingdom. Our FP+ this morning is at Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur.

First up is KS and we have another excellent safari and driver. Have to say I am really impressed here this trip with the amount of animals out and the drivers really seemed to be enjoying their jobs and giving lots of info, more so than in the past few trips. We have not had breakfast yet so we get some at Kusafiri before tackling Everest. Matt & Emi rode first while i waited with Hallie, then I rode alone while the rest went to Triceratop Spin yet again! The girls have been asking all week to get their faces painted, but always ask at the wrong time such as at night when it would be a complete waste. They have spotted a booth, so I agree to let them get painted. We hade time to kill anyway before our FP+ at Dinosaur. Em and I ride first while Matt waits with Hallie. We are now headed for FOTLK, but first we must stop to meet Dug and Russell, then arrive at FOTLK just a minute before the show is to begin.

We have now accomplished all we set out to do here. It is time to meet Ron at MK. We meet up at the Emporium, where he is pleased to announce that he has finally found the phone case he wanted. He spotted the one he wanted earlier in the week, but they only had it for iphone 4 & 4s, but here they had it for 5. A few days ago, Emily had adopted a Duffy and had gotten the Sully suit for him to wear. Hallie has decided to get her own Duffy. I purchase one for her in one of the shops on Main St. but they only have the Halloween Costume and Hallie does not want that outfit. I inquire where I can find other outfits for him, here in MK and am told that they have nothing different anywhere, that they have stopped making them and everything else is sold out. I look at her with suspicion and move on. Onto the attractions!

First, we stop and get paper fps for Dumbo and Barnstormer to satisfy Hallie's desire for one more ride here. Next we take a full loop on the railroad. When we return, Matt takes Hallie on the Barnstormer, while the rest of us get in line to meet Minnie and Daisy. By the time they have returned from Barnstormer, we are still in line so they join us. When we are finished, I spot lots of Duffy outfits in the store that we exit into. Hallie selects the Mousketeer outfit and we move on. Unfortunately, the skies have opened up and it is pouring. We wait a few minutes and it appears to be subsiding. Ron takes Hallie to Dumbo and we agree to meet by Pooh. Clearly the rain had not really subsided and the downpour had begun again. I found some shelter near the Cheshire Cafe. Soon after some others joined us and Hallie and Emily met some new friends to play with. I had called Ron to let him know where we were. He and Hallie arrived soaked! The rain must have chased quite a bit of people away since when we emerged from our shelter, there was hardly a line at Peter Pan. We rode that, then iasw which actually had a longer line than Peter Pan, and then another ride with Ariel under the sea.

We were feeling a bit hungry and decided to head over to Tomorrowland and grab a bite at Cosmic Ray's. Big Mistake! It was like a 3 ring circus. Too chaotic for us! I was sure a fist fight would break out at any minute. We were being herded around like sheep and not even permitted to get in line for the food we desired. We were forced to the burger area. Then as we were waiting to be seated, the family ahead us, a party of a dad and 2 small children were seated at a large table, while the 5 of us were ushered to a small table with only 3 seats. The hostess said she would try to find us additional seats, but that did not work out so well. Also, we we interrogated like criminals when we needed to get extra napkins and condiments. We will never eat there again! Finally back in the park, we would only have time for a few more rides. First the speedway. Thought we had dodged that bullet when Jason had taken Emily yesterday, but no, we must all ride today. Next another ride on Peoplemover, followed by a showing of Monsters Inc., which was to be our last attraction, but everyone wanted just one more! So it was Buzz that would be our last ride of the trip! Insert sniffles here!

It was a little after 6 PM, and we needed to get back to Art of Animation, grab some dinner at Landscape of Flavors, and get in the car and hit the open road. After a stop for gas at the Hess station, it is almost 8:30 and we are on our way. We had a very uneventful trip home. I say that because, I think I must have slept throughout most of it. I just could not stay awake! Good thing Ron was well rested! We arrived home about 3 :00 the next afternoon!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Heather, so sorry to get to the end of your trip!! I'll be waiting for your next one and the reports from that one!

I'm not a big fan of the Cosmic Ray's setup to begin with but that sounded like a pretty horrible lunch!!

You guys have a real knack for getting the most out of your days!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Glad to read that you had a safe journey home.
    As always, I have enjoyed reading your reports, thanks for taking the time to share your vacation with us.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: